No announcement yet.

Society II Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhg, I missed it. you have another 22 gold to fool around with.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      Ah, fixed that. Clarification: You're allowed to take more than one tile, only tiles adjacent to your territory. (one tile away)
      Sure, change it in my favour!
      If anyone thinks that they can stand up to the evil Spaced Cowboy (Reputation: Atrocious), then the rulers of Byzantium are happy to cede their cities to whichever foreign power thinks they can withstand the evil 58 armies.

Furthermore, how can Spaced afford to maintain 58 armies in Republic? He should be broke by now, or do the rules not make a proper reflection of the Civ unhappiness levels? This should be changed!

Comment

Maintenance in republic is armies/tech level. In this case about 10 gold.

I was only trying to take one city, and I really have issues with Jamski, not you Duke.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

For what they're worth.... orders sent.

Comment

Sneak attacks would be pointless if you could only take one city.

1500 AD
            Turn 6

World Trade
            Code:
            --------------------------------------
            CUBIUM   (6) --> SERBIA   (4)  +36/+24
            CUBIUM   (6) --> IGUANA   (5)  +45/+30
            CUBIUM   (6) --> VOVAN    (5)  +45/+30
            IGUANA   (5) --> SERBIA   (4)  +25/+20
            IGUANA   (5) --> SPACED   (5)  +30/+50
            SERBIA   (4) --> CUBIUM   (5)
                            (12 caravans) +240/+360
            The First Great Arms Race

Gameis embarked on an ambitious campaign of construction, building 5 cities, 114 armies, and discovering Espionage.

Vovan developed Religion, built 40 armies, and built a new city.

Darkcloud had planned on discovering Religion and Espionage, building a new city, and building 90 armies, but his warehouses were set ablaze by a Vovan saboteur.

Spaced built three cities, discovered Espionage and Religion, and built 202 armies.

Ljube built a record 9 cities and 20 armies to defend them.

Not to be left out, Duke built 72 armies.
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Gameis, the father of technology
              Sharing his technical expertise and wisdom, Cubish emissaries taught both the Byzantines and the Serbs the ins and outs of Geography and Religion.

Flames of the Iguanas
              Emperor Darkcloud could only watch uselessly as his warehouses burned from Vovian sabotage. Worse was to come though. Without the means of production, he was unable to build the army that he had planned on using to invade his southern neighbor.

Worse still, the enemy attacked with 40 armies. Darkcloud looked doomed. Things were not over, though, as when the Vovian armies approached the border, they began to grow nervous. The legends of the gladiators had spread among them. Having yet to actually meet them in battle, the Vovians believed them to be unstoppable firebreathing demons, and beat a hasty retreat.

The Fall of Constantinople
              Bolstered by new foreign knowledge and another 72 armies, Duke stood ready for war. Still, he was outnumbered, and decided the best defense was a good offense. He ordered all 76 of his armies to march on Spaced.

Meanwhile, Spaced had sent 200 armies on the offensive, leaving sixty to defend his cities.

Duke attacks Spaced
              ((76 / 7) - (60 / 14)) * (6 / 7)= 5 cities

60 / 6 = Duke takes 10 losses.
              (60 / 14) * 5 = Spaced takes 24 losses

Breaking through the Spaced Dudes' defenses, Duke's armies pillaged and five cities. Meanwhile, Spaced's armies crushed Duke's unguarded cities and sacked his homeland. With so much firepower to spare, they also conquered several villages, a couple of farmhouses, and a migrant camp.
              ((200 / 6) - (0 / 2)) * (7 / 6)= 38 cities

While he had effectively knocked out Duke's industrial base, Spaced now faced the prospect of a guerilla war.

EDIT: Spaced was the only one to attack Duke.
              Last edited by :) Smiley; June 21, 2004, 17:13.

Comment

No I havent.

Comment

1500AD
                  Code:
                  Society Cities Tech Government Army Nukes SDI Gold
                  DarkCloud 5 5 Despotism 0 0 0 426
                  Gamecube64 9 7 Monarchy 116 0 0 915
                  Ljube 14 6 Despotism 0 0 0 559
                  Duke 'o York (+5) 6 Insurgency 66 0 0 0
                  Spaced Cowboy 9(+2) 7 Republic 256 0 0 623
                  Vovan 4 6 Monarchy 45 0 0 174

Wonders of the World
                  The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
                  The Colosseum of Igualica (DarkCloud)
                  The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)
                  The Acropolis of Pony Town (Duke 'o York)
                  The Silk Road to Spherko (DarkCloud)

Wars
                  DarkCloud <--> Vovan

Due to the increasing number of cities, they will no longer be listed.

The Holy Empire of Iguana Fire
                  Emperor DarkCloud

The Kingdom of Cubium
                  King Gameis

The Serbian Empire
                  Emperor Ljube

The Byzantine Insurgency
                  General Duke o' York

The Spaced Dudes Republic
                  President Spaced Cowboy

The Vovan Kingdom
                  King Vovan

New technology costs
                  #6 Religion- 7 gold
                  #7 Espionage- 29 gold

Now taking orders for 1750 AD (Turn 7)

Ljube: acknowledged and cororected, it was Sppaced building 20 more armies in an orders addendum.
                  Last edited by :) Smiley; June 21, 2004, 17:16.

Comment

I also object to the outcome of the war between the Duke and the Cowboy.

How can Spaced Cowboy's armies return back to recapture the cities Duke had taken in the same round?

Comment

• I think that when two nations attack each other that the attacking armies should meet first (this makes the most sense, I'm sure an army wouldn't let another one pass as they attacked cities behind the army).

formula could be:
                      (att1 army size/att2 tech level)-(att2 army size/att1 tech level)=number of survirors from the battle, positive for att1, negative for att2.

Again you forgot me trades. I wanted to trade with everyone, cept Jamski.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• The others didn't want to receive yout "traders" for they suspected some of them might be slightly armed.

Comment

• Oh and then they survivors go on to attack the other and have to face defending armies if any.

I was also thinking that armies should cost the tech level that you are at instead of just one gold.

Comment

• The combat system definitely needs some adjustment. And I propose the introduction of a trade embargo.

Also what is desperately needed is the order of actions within a turn.

Comment

• Hmm, I had intended armies not so much to be one army unit = one army, but one army unit = one unit of military strength. For example a couple of pikeman might be 3 army units, while a tank would be 30.

You're all welcome to suggest improved combat formulas.

Comment

• Bah, stupid colloseum. I should have known.

Say, smiley, how's about a map?
                                XBox Live: VovanSim
                                xbox.com (login required)
                                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                                Spore page

Comment

Working...
                                X