Society II Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

0 AD
      (Turn 4)

Throwing off the yoke of despotism

Until now, the only government known on the continent wielded an iron fist. Change was stirring as thinkers and scholars thought of more enlightened forms of government.

Golden ages of philosophy began in the Vovan Empire, Iguana Fire, and among the Spaced Dudes.

Spurred on by their discoveries, the people of DarkCloud's Iguana Fire began thinking of the wider world, and studied Geography. With knowledge of new lands came promise of even greater trade. Furthering the prosperous times, the Eastern Provinces were settled. (C3)

Vovan also broadened his geographic horizons, and although he still had no neighbors, began to raise a military of five armies.

While more expansion would be required to make war, Vovan's spies were already at work. A wooden donkey carrying Vovanian agents made its way to the Cubium capital of Pyramedes. Within it were assassins plotting to kill key Cubish leaders and sabotage Gameis' research and production.

Upon arriving they were disappointed. The leaders they were sent to kill were already dead, executed by monarchist revolutionaries.

Back in Byzantium, Duke discovered Monarchy and also founded Eboracum. (H8) Basileus Jamski still had not returned from his orc-hunting quest.

The great tale of our time was the race to build the Acropolis. Ljube's Serbs, the world's first Philosophers, committed their entire treasury of 22 gold. The opulent complex featured solid marble construction and gold inlays in the main council chamber.

The glories of Serbia were short lived though, when the scholars that were to help found the new republic packed up and left one day.

They had gone to Pony Town, where an incredible capital awaited. Perched high on a mountaintop, Spaced's golden city of republican rule beckoned. The Dudes were quick learners in the ways of the Republic,, with one of their first discoveries being the pork barrel which consumed a total of 47 gold in the building of the Acropolis. However, the greatly increased commerce of a free society made up for it quickly.

World Trade
      Duke (2) --> Ljube (4) (+8)
      Vovan (3) --> DarkCloud (3) (+9)

Clarification. Trade income can be spent the same turn as the trade for the sender. Just add the profit to the gold you had earlier for use in Production.
      Cost and payout is equal to the tech levels before new research.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
        Code:
        Society Cities Tech Government Army Nukes SDI Gold
        DarkCloud 4 5 Despotism 0 0 0 109
        Gamecube64 4 3 Monarchy 2 0 0 69
        Ljube 1 4 Despotism 0 0 0 50
        Duke 'o York 3 3 Despotism 5 0 0 57
        Spaced Cowboy 4 4 Republic 0 0 0 160
        Vovan 3 5 Despotism 5 0 0 83

Wonders of the World
        The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
        The Colosseum of Igualica (DarkCloud)
        The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)
        The Acropolis of Pony Town (Spaced Cowboy)

The Holy Empire of Iguana Fire
        Emperor DarkCloud
        Igualica (B3)
        Centralis (B4)
        Spherko (B2)
        Eastern Provinces (C3)

The Empire of Cubium
        Emperor Gameis
        Pyramedes (E2)
        Hectonia (E3)
        Trianprismia (D3)
        Rectagonia (F3)

The Serbian Empire
        Emperor Ljube
        Belgrade (H3)

The Byzantine Empire
        Duke 'o Byzantium
        Byzantium (H7)
        York (I7)
        Eboracum (H8)

The Spaced Dudes Empire
        Emperor Spaced Cowboy
        PonyTown (E8)
        Boot Town (E7)
        Cowville (F7)
        10 Gallon Hat (G7)

The Vovan Empire
        Emperor Vovan
        Vovan City (B7)
        New Vovan (C7)
        Vovanburg (B6)

New technology costs
        #4 Philosophy- 5 gold
        #5 Geography- 17 gold

Map is below. Now accepting orders for 1000 AD (Turn 5). We'll be on a 24 hour schedule now, with extra turns if people get stuff in quickly.
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

DarkCloud, once a spaceship is completed, that's it. There are plenty of ways to undermine spaceship production though.

And here's the map.
          Attached Files

Comment

Orders sent!

Comment

Me too!
              I changed my signature

Comment

Orders slightly amended.

Comment

sended.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Sent.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

sent

Comment

Smiley explain:
                        "Republic- Double tax, trade, and wonder income/turn"

Specifically the trade part.

for instance if two level 5 techs trade and the initiator is in republic, then the formula is

[2*5*5-(5+5)]=40...or 2*[5*5-(5+5)]=30 ???

Comment

DarkCloud, once a spaceship is completed, that's it. There are plenty of ways to undermine spaceship production though.
                          You're getting me and duke o'york confused again

orders sent in a little bit.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Trade clarifications

Let's say Trokair (tech level 2, despotism) initiates a trade with Anita Blake (tech level 5, republic).

Trokair sets aside 7 gold in his budget.

Dark 'o York, I got your orders. I'll process in a few hours.
                            Trokair recieves 10 gold from the trade (2*5) which can be allocated into production on the same turn. Essentially, he can budget production to be 3 more gold than his initial treasury.

Anita recieves 20 gold in her treasury (2*5*2) but cannot spend it until the following turn.

Spaced, in your example, it'd be 40 gold. The cost of sending caravans does not change.

Hopes this clears up things.

Comment

Smelly, I've sent yet another amendment to my original orders after you pointed out my error by PM. Thanks.

By the way, I can't usually play at weekends, but will try to get some orders in today if you update it soon enough, and have to pop by tomorrow to post a Civ 2 succession game .sav so I could send more orders then if required. Sunday, though, nothing. Day of rest across the Society world!

Comment

tap..tap..tap...is this thing on???

Comment

Working...
                                X