• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 AD

1000 AD
    (Turn 5)

World Trade
    Sender --> Reciever Income/Income. Note that monarchies and republics make additional cash from trading.
    Cubium (3) --> Serbia (4) +18/+12
    Cubium (3) --> Iguana Fire (5) +22/+15
    Byzantium --> Vovan Unsuccessful due to extreme distance
    Serbia (4) --> Byzantium (3) +12/+12
    Iguana Fire (5) --> Vovan (5) +25/+25
    Iguana Fire (5) --> Cubium (3) +15/+22

Overheard at a caravan depot...
    Lots of news was heard at the lively depot today out in the central plains.

The Cubish, under King Gameis' rule, had a renaissance, with great thinkers developing new theories in Philosophy, Geography, and Religion.

The Byzantines joined the philosophy club as well, and also built two new cities, Jorvik (G8) and Ducktown (F8). The Duke also raised five additional armies.

The Spaced Dudes expanded their ranchland, building Wastewater, Stillwater, CalfPond, and GoatRoper. The first three were founded in E6, F6, and E5, but the settlers headed to F8 found it already settled by Byzantines and headed for E9 instead. They also raised a massive military of sixty armies and developed knowledge of Geography.

A revolution took place in the Vovan Empire. Revolutionaries demanded the formation of a republic. Without a solid hold though, there was still much squabbling, and after a short-lived Reign of Terror the revolutionaries were sent to the guillotine. Emperor Vovan, fearing a repeat, immediately reformed his government from empire to monarchy.

Note: Unless you have the Acropolis, you need to have Tech #9 to change to Republic.

The Serbs expanded out of crowded Belgrade into Novi Sad, Nis, Kragujevac, and Subotica. (H4) (G4) (H2) (G2)

DarkCloud founded some Southern Provinces in B5. He also built the Silk Road, which we've been happy to enjoy today.

Since there were no Dude caravans at the depot, we were late in hearing about the big story of our time...

The War of Neverwinter
    While roaming through the southern wastelands, Jamski awoke a giant sleeping magfly. He slew it easily, but the gods of war had been awakened.

Forty armies bearing the banners of the Spaced Dudes crossed the Rio Pequeno and marched on Byzantium. Duke was caught off guard by this sneak attack. Fortunately, he had built new forces recently, but they were spread thin among his expanded empire.

((A / DT) - (D / DC)) * (AT / DT)=C
    ((40 / 4) - (10 / 5)) * (5 / 4) = 10

While he had the force to have conquered all of Byzantine twice over, in order to keep his attack a secret, his armies only had supplies to take the adjacent territories. The city of Byzantium as well as the newly built cities of Jorvik and Ducktown were swiftly captured. Duke fled to York.

Attacker takes casualties as follows:
    Casualties = D / AT.
    Defender takes casualties as follows:
    Casualties = (D / DC) * cities lost.
    Two of Spaced Cowboy's armies were killed by the defenses of Byzantium. Six of Duke's armies went down in last stands at his cities.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The combat system is still broken.

Comment

What you talkin bout? He had ten times bigger military and a higher tech level.
        I changed my signature

Comment

Code:
          Society Cities Tech Government Army Nukes SDI Gold
          DarkCloud 5 5 Despotism 0 0 0 216
          Gamecube64 4 6 Monarchy 2 0 0 233
          Ljube 5 4 Despotism 0 0 0 125
          Duke 'o York 2 4 Despotism 4 0 0 72
          Spaced Cowboy 8 (+3) 5 Republic 58 0 0 398
          Vovan 3 5 Monarchy 5 0 0 83

Wonders of the World
          The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
          The Colosseum of Igualica (DarkCloud)
          The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)
          The Acropolis of Pony Town (Spaced Cowboy)
          The Silk Road to Spherko (DarkCloud)

Wars
          Spaced Cowboy <---> Duke
          DarkCloud <--> Vovan

The Holy Empire of Iguana Fire
          Emperor DarkCloud
          Igualica (B3)
          Centralis (B4)
          Spherko (B2)
          Eastern Provinces (C3)
          Souther Provinces (B5)

The Kingdom of Cubium
          King Gameis
          Pyramedes (E2)
          Hectonia (E3)
          Trianprismia (D3)
          Rectagonia (F3)

The Serbian Empire
          Emperor Ljube
          Belgrade (H3)
          Novi Sad (H4)
          Nis (G4)
          Kragujevac (H2)
          Subotica (G2)

The Byzantine Empire
          Duke 'o Byzantium
          York (I7)
          Eboracum (H8)

The Spaced Dudes Republic
          President Spaced Cowboy
          PonyTown (E8)
          Boot Town (E7)
          Cowville (F7)
          10 Gallon Hat (G7)
          WasteWater (E6)
          StillWater (F6)
          CalfPond (E5)
          GoatRoper (E9)
          *Byzantium (H7)
          *Jorvik (G8)
          *Ducktown (F8)

The Vovan Kingdom
          King Vovan
          Vovan City (B7)
          New Vovan (C7)
          Vovanburg (B6)

New technology costs
          #5 Geography- 8 gold
          #6 Religion- 30 gold

Map is below. Now accepting orders for 1500 AD (Turn 6). Weekend schedule now, no hurry to send in, I'll just process when I get everything.

If any of you want to help Duke out, you can give him Foreign Aid of armies or technology.

EDIT: DarkCloud declared war on Vovan
          Last edited by :) Smiley; June 18, 2004, 22:29.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

the map.

In retrospect the Acropolis might be a bit overpowered when it was changed from revolution required to free change to republic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Where are Cowboy's armies?

Comment

Also,

According to the rules, I'm only allowed to take one tile in a sneak attack, but that is also a dec of war.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Order sent...
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

Ah, fixed that. Clarification: You're allowed to take more than one tile, only tiles adjacent to your territory. (one tile away)

Comment

EDIT: DarkCloud declared war on Vovan
                      sorry about overlooking this. I'll be more observant, at the same time, be more explicit in the orders.

Comment

Orders adjusted accordingly.

Though I had rather hoped that our lucrative trade would continue, DC, I salute the fact that you did not stab me in the back with a sneak attack.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

Emperor DarkCloud announces:

In light of recent developments in the world order- to preserve the balance of power, the Holy Empire of Iguana Fire necessitated to take this step.

We are much aggrevied that it had to come to this, but we were forced into this action.

-Emperor DarkCloud

-
                          By the way, orders sent (yesterday)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Smiley,

Next question.

How much does my next city cost? For me it is only city nine, but now that I've captured 3 is it city 12? I'm assuming the later, but need an answer before I send orders.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It's City #12.

Comment

k' sent...still confused about trading, like why did I not get a trade last turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X