• Show
Clear All

• Orders sent!
    I changed my signature

Comment

• the map.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders sent...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

• should have sneak attacked...

you know, i just realized, I can't win- I can't counter Vovan's spies at all. since he'll keep sending them and I wont' be able to do anything.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• and the rules stated-
            You may send this Spy at any other player and target any one of the other player's actions, except for Tax Collection. That player's action is negated for the turn
            So, I had 4 actions?

1. build armies
            2. research 1
            3. research 2
            4. build city

and he sent 4 spies?

-
            I would like to ask for permission not to send in a turn until this gets clarified. (48 hour turn for me) please... [Although I'm usually on when smiley is, so I should send my turn soon after he responds]
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• you are right on the 2nd part about me being on.

Each turn has six actions.

They are the Espionage action, the Trade action, the Production action, the Foreign Aid action, the War action, and the Tax action. Maybe phase would be a better name.

He sent one spy, and targeted your Production action.

True, you have no defense against Vovan spies at the moment, but who knows, he may discover other uses for them. Ya definitely should of sneak attacked. Luckily your colosseum sort of negated his trojan horse.
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Hmm... I don't really mean to sound negative here- but I think I have to concede. I just honestly can't do anything. I can help other people play and win, but I can't do anything else- the espionague power of the trojan horse is overpowered.

if vovan used it right, he could have conquered the entire map by now. The only thing stopping him would be if someone already had a large army before he sent the spy.
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Perhaps the spy should be allowed to only counter 1 action.

So if you want to build armies, research, trade, and settle, the spy would only stop one of them. Or reduce the effectiveness of one of them.
                  Armies should have increased costs based on tech level, since they gain bonuses due to tech level.
                  And higher forms of govt should have restraints on warring.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Can I change to a Republic now then?

Comment

• You could, but you probably don't want to yet, as you'd have no money to pay your soldiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                        if vovan used it right, he could have conquered the entire map by now.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

• So if you want to build armies, research, trade, and settle, the spy would only stop one of them. Or reduce the effectiveness of one of them.
                          Armies should have increased costs based on tech level, since they gain bonuses due to tech level.
                          And higher forms of govt should have restraints on warring.

that's what I would suggest... or alternatively-

the spy could have (as in civ II) a 75% chance of failure the first time a spy is used... then a 50% the next time, and as the nation becomes more used to using spies, the amount of failure goes down 10% each time until it rests at 10%... wonders can help decrease the % chances for failure.

how about that?
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• sent my orders, for what it is worth.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• RNG is bad, though I do like the idea of splitting up the production phase into seperately targeted actions, or maybe halving production instead of eliminating all of it.

Comment

• So... negating the idea you threw out:

1.) Split Prodcuction Phase into Separate Actions
                                2.) Halving Production
                                3.) Current Mode
                                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                                X