No announcement yet.

Society II Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smiley....empty that mailbox, don't forget about that really old mail.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Ah, forgot to purge the sent box. There.

Caravans:
      They are sent when they are built.
      They're automatically recieved unless the other player decides to declare an embargo against you. (new feature) Done the same way as declaring war, except takes effect immediately, while war you gotta wait a turn for it not to be a sneak attack.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

okay, thanks for now I'll keep my orders as they were.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          I'll take over from Jamski if you'd like. He can take back over when he returns, if he wants to, but for now I'll have a shot at running the Byzantine empire. I'll miss this turn too, and send orders for the next turn, but can everyone please go a little easy on me because I'll be some way behind to start off with.
          sure thing duke

Comment

Orders sended!
            I changed my signature

Comment

Sent.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

okay send hopefully
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

1000 BC

1000 BC (Turn 3)

The Age of Expansion

These thousand years have seen unprecedented expansion of society, with more than a doubling in the land brought under organized governance.

Pushing north from the capital, DarkCloud's empire settled the city of Spherko. (B2)

Vovan also turned north, founding a new city in the hills past his capital. (B6)

Gameis outdid both, spreading southward and outward, with the new cities of Hectonia (E3), Trianprismia (D3), and Rectagonia (F3). To help defend his empire, Gameis also formed two armies.

The Spaced Dudes expanded their ranch, opening two new dude ranches known as Cowville (F7) and Ten Gallon Hat (G7). Ranch hands working on the Ten Gallon Hat city fence were intrigued when they spotted Byzantine farmers on the horizon.

Spaced dispatched an emissary to investigate. Arriving in the capital city of Byzantium, the emmisary was amazed. Sure enough, word on the street had nothing new to report on of Emperor Basileus Jamski II, aside from a decade-old rumor that he had disappeared into an ice cavern in pursuit of large dung beetles.

However, the capital showed signs of life. Not only had the knowledge of iron finally spread to this corner of the earth, but settlers had founded the new city of York. (I8)

Even more amazing, during a festival, the Byzantines paraded five sword-wielding armies. Something had changed, and that something was clear at the palace. While Jamski had not returned yet, a citizen by the name of Duke 'o York had stepped in and guided the nation in the Emperor's absence.

There were new expansions in the field of knowledge as well. Darkcloud's government started thinking of Monarchy. They were joined by the Spaced Dudes and also members of Vovan's court.

In a rare case of coming in under budget, the Vovanians completed the task with only an expenditure of six gold, rather than the nine budgeted, as they were able to build on the ancient precedents of Ljube and Gameis.

The bold Vovanians also were seen constructing a giant wooden horse. At a local tavern, an assassin was overheard mentioning something about how they would be able to carry out covert sabotage in the near future.

Rather than expand outwards, Ljube's Serbs broadened mental horizons and devised the art of Philosophy. Immediately, they set forth to build an Acropolis. Dreams of more enlightened government fell short though as the budget dried up with only an eighth of the work done, with only a foundation to show.
                  Attached Files
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Code:
                    Society Cities Tech Army Nukes SDI Gold
                    DarkCloud 3 3 0 0 0 50
                    Gamecube64 4 3 2 0 0 69
                    Ljube 1 4 0 0 0 22
                    Duke 'o York 2 2 5 0 0 25
                    Spaced Cowboy 4 3 0 0 0 60
                    Vovan 3 3 0 0 0 48

Wonders of the World
                    The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
                    The Colosseum of Igualica (DarkCloud)
                    The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)

The Holy Empire of Iguana Fire
                    Emperor DarkCloud
                    Igualica (B3)
                    Centralis (B4)
                    Spherko (B2)

The Empire of Cubium
                    Emperor Gameis
                    Pyramedes (E2)
                    Hectonia (E3)
                    Trianprismia (D3)
                    Rectagonia (F3)

The Serbian Empire
                    Emperor Ljube
                    Belgrade (H3)

The Byzantine Empire
                    Duke 'o Byzantium
                    Byzantium (H7)
                    York (I7)

The Spaced Dudes Empire
                    Emperor Spaced Cowboy
                    PonyTown (E8)
                    Boot Town (E7)
                    Cowville (F7)
                    10 Gallon Hat (G7)

The Vovan Empire
                    Emperor Vovan
                    Vovan City (B7)
                    New Vovan (C7)
                    Vovanburg (B6)

New technology costs
                    #3 Monarchy- 3 gold
                    #4 Philosophy- 13 gold

Map is below. Now accepting orders for 0 AD (Turn 4). We'll be on a 24 hour schedule now, with extra turns if people get stuff in quickly.

Comment

Orders Sent. I hope they conform to the rules.
                      Spore page

Comment

orders sent

I'm glad this is moving quicker now

thanks duke-

---
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Question:

From the rules post:

Spaceship Parts: cost = 1000 each. You can only build one per turn, and need 3 to win. You can overpay on the 3rd part, whoever spends the most wins a tie.

Victory
                          Spaceship- build spaceship. There are 3 parts, each costing 200 gold. You can only build 1 per turn.

(Emphasis mine)

Which is it?
                          Spore page

Comment

Just wondering- with this wonder:
                            8. Trans-Siberian Railroad- Your new cities may be built anywhere.
                            would enemies non-adjacent to the new cities be unable to attack them?
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

The first one. They're a grand apiece.

Comment

I'll have three please!

Sent!

Oh, Smiley, how long will the other players have to destroy the capital of the spaceship builders before it lands and they win?
                                Can we say that the capital is the first city built, and have a premium for moving your palace?

Comment

Working...
                                X