Society II Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
    Okay, then give him my cash, armies, spies, etc. and wipe my cities off the map.
    Thanks Spaced

Smiley, clarify if Spaced can raze his cities.

Comment

• I favor tech level as a limit as well. Hmm.... me thinks tech level/2 might even be better.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• He can't raze cities, though I suspect Gamecube might do it for him.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders sent.
          I changed my signature

Comment

• Do I get Spaced tech level as well? Smiley, please inform me by PM about the number of spies I gained.

I have a presentation for Serbian Minister of Justice later today, so the earliest convenience to send my orders would be in 8 hours.

Comment

• I thank you for the info Smiley, but I must repeat: Do I get Spaced tech level now, his money, his armies, his spies (if yes then how many?), etc before the start of my next turn?

The presentation was a great success. The Minister and the press were very pleased.

Comment

• you get them in the foreign aid phase. That is after production (so you can't build nukes unless you research up to 11 yourself, for instance), but you can use his armies. You can't use his spies, but he can.

Good to hear about your presentation, what was it on?
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I'm doing the computerisation of the Serbian Justice System. It's a project of the European Agency for Reconstruction.

And orders sent.

Comment

• Orders recieved. Gonna process now. Can you say World War III? We seem to have skipped the whole WWII thing and gone straight for the nukings.

Comment

• I'm off to bed.

I'm going to check the results tomorrow morning.

GO orders tomorrow morning too.

Comment

• 1900 AD
                        Turn #8

Espionage
                        Both Gamecube and Vovan sent a spy at each other, and were both kept busy in a wild goose chase.
                        Vovan sent his additional spy and sabotaged Ljube's city and wonder building.
                        Ljube sent a spy of his own to sabotage Gamecube's city and wonder building.

World Trade
                        Code:
                        -------------------------------------
                        CUBIUM (15) --> SERBIA (8)
                                   147 caravans    +26460/+17640
                        SERBIA (8)  --> CUBIUM (15)
                                   160 caravans    +19200/+28800
                        VOVAN (7)   --> CUBIUM (15)
                                     1 caravan     +158/+158
                        Interestingly, the superpowers continued trading right up to Doomsday...

The Doomcubes of Doom
                        Fancying himself a Galactic Overlord, King Gameis invested vast sums into high tech weaponry. Although his Star Wars and Majestic 12 projects were sabotaged by Vovan, he did succeed in launching 40 SDI laser platforms, and prepped another 5 nukes. Rounding out his arsenal was another 2000 armies.

Spaced's last alliance
                        Fearing the worst, Spaced evacuated the cream of what was left of his country. Top scientists were sent to Ljube, as was his entire military, the treasury, and his top secret agent. Leaving their homeland on the Trans-Serbian Railway, they wondered when what little glory was left of the Spaced Dudes Republic would join the rest of the cratered landscape.

The Vovanian economic miracle
                        Plunging money into research, Vovan discovered Industrialization, Representative Government, and Mass Education. Then, he built the University of California and attracted researchers that taught him the secrets of everything from Nuclear Fission to Nuclear Fusion. Rounding out his orders, he further expanded Vovania with another three cities.

The Serbian military miracle
                        Still under the iron fist of Ljube, Serbian scientists nontheless made great advances, conducting research up through the Laser. While unable to build more cities or wonders, he did manage to build 24 nukes and one army.

And that's when things started to get interesting.

Comment

• World War III
                          Gameis struck first. Without the fire of Jihad to fuel his troops' aggression, though, his massive army was only able to capture one province.
                          His nukes were more successful though, destroying 5 Vovanian cities.

Ljube struck next. Anticipating possible Cubish citybuilding, he carpetnuked the entire northwest. Gameis's space fleet was able to shoot down the missiles inbound to his territory. 2 just built Vovanian cities were destroyed in the process, and countless acres of virgin wilderness were also preemptively fried. A report from Ljube to the Serbian minister of defense noted them as collateral damage. A third targeted Vovanian city was spared as it had been just conquered by Gameis and was now under his shield.

More than two thirds of the world now laid in radioactive waste.

Comment

• More than two thirds of the world now laid in radioactive waste.
                            That's sad

It's a dismal world we all live in!
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• To think one spy could stop the creation of a TON of cities, and like, 8 wonders.
                              I changed my signature

Comment

• 1900AD
                                Code:
                                Society Cities Tech Government Army Nukes SDI Gold
                                Gamecube64 10(+1) 15 Monarchy 2335 0 40 46899
                                Ljube 18 14 Despotism 804 0 0 35921
                                Spaced Cowboy 5 11 Republic 0 0 0 550
                                Vovan 11 15 Monarchy 45 0 0 1395

Wonders of the World
                                The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
                                The Colosseum of Igualica (Vovan)
                                The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)
                                The Acropolis of Pony Town (Duke 'o York)
                                The Silk Road to Spherko (Vovan)
                                The Trans Serbian Railroad (Ljube)
                                The University of California Vovan Campus (Vovan)

Wars
                                Ljube <--> Spaced
                                Gameis <--> Spaced
                                Gameis <--> Vovan
                                Ljube <--> Gameis
                                Ljube <--> Vovan

Congratulations everyone, you are all at war with each other, with the exception a shaky peace between Vovan and Spaced

Due to the increasing number of cities, they will no longer be listed.

The Vassal State of Iguana Fire
                                Prisoner DarkCloud

The Kingdom of Cubium
                                King Gameis

The Serbian Empire
                                Emperor Ljube

The Byzantine Underground
                                Fugitive Duke o' York

The Spaced Dudes Republic
                                President Spaced Cowboy

The Vovan Kingdom
                                King Vovan

New technology costs
                                #12 Miniaturization- 36
                                #13 Space Flight- 42
                                #14 The Laser- 48
                                #15 Fusion- 113

Now taking orders for 2000 AD (Turn 9)

Yeah, trade is really overpowered, people's income is increasing exponentially. No more trade in the future though, as it pretty much goes without saying you can't trade when you're at war.

DarkCloud, your legacy still stands, though both wonders are quite useless these days...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X