Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has everyone submitted their orders?

Comment

• duke- we really should get this spy thing decided first.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I don't care. I'm just waiting for oblivion (the gigantic butt of Spaced's empire) to descend upon the great cities of the Byzantine nation so I can go off to the hills and pursue my dreams of being a hermit.

Comment

• I've got everyone's orders except Ljube's.

As far as spies are concerned, splitting the production phase sounds like the best.

The production phase now consists of the following parts:
          1. Scientific Research
          2. Military Production (armies, nukes, etc)
          3. City Building and Wonders.

Thos who have used spies can send in revised orders.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• sent

Comment

• Got it. Just need adjustments from Gamecube and Vovan on spy usage now.
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders are all in and about to be processed. Let's just say there are nukes involved.

Comment

• 1800 AD
                  Turn #7

Espionage
                  Gamecube's spy sabotages Spaced Cowboy's production of cities and wonders.
                  Vovan's spy sabotages DarkCloud's military production.
                  Spaced Cowboy sabotages Vovan's military production.

World Trade
                  Code:
                  -------------------------------------
                  CUBIUM (7) --> SERBIA (6)
                             70 caravans    +4410/+2940
                  SPACED (7) --> IGUANA (5)   +70/+35
                  SPACED (7) --> CUBIUM (7)   +98/+74
                  SPACED (7) --> SERBIA (6)   +84/+42
                  SPACED (7) --> VOVAN  (6)   +84/+63
                  SERBIA (6) --> BYZAN. (6)
                             14 caravans     +504/+504
                  Nuclear War I, shark in the fishbowl
                  With massive trade income, Gameis climbed the technology tree to its apex, discovering Industrialization, Representative Government, Mass Education, Nuclear Fission, Miniaturization, Space Flight, Lasers, and Fusion Power. (techs 8-15)

He then used his newfound nuclear knowhow to build sixteen nukes. Rounding out his production was a city and 219 armies.

Greater Vovania
                  Vovan built six cities and discovered Espionage. Enemey propaganda foiled his troop training program.

Darkcloud's last stand
                  Knowing he was doomed to fall to Vovan's war machine, DarkCloud surrendered his entire treasury to Gameis. Whle he also planned to cede all his cities, Iguana patriots refused to budge, and vowed to fight Vovan to the end, even without weapons.

Duke's War
                  With no money to spend, Duke's armies continued their rampage through the Spaced Dudes' ranches. However, as they were ready to attack, they saw a strange sight on the horizon.

Spaced joins the nuclear club
                  Although he was unable to build new cities, Spaced was able to research Industrialization, Representative Government, Mass Education, and Nuclear Fission, and also raised another 269 armies.

Comment

• Serbian backed Byzantine insurgency
                    Ljube's blockade runners delivered fourteen caravans of arms to Duke, who in turn supplied Ljube with looted contraband. Ljube also built four cities, discovered Espionage, and Industrialized. The Trans Serbian Railroad was built, and 672 armies were raised and massed for a sneak attack on the Spaced Dudes.

But would there be anything to attack?

Day one. Dude Ranch BBQ
                    Sixteen nukes rained down on 11 cities, blasting the Dude's homeland into oblivion. 325 of his armies were fried in the inferno. The other 200 were out fighting the Duke, and escaped destruction, for the time being.

With no more Spaced territory to invade, Gameis's armies simply sat back and watched the fireworks.

The Fall of the Iguana
                    Marveling at the sight of the new weapons of the industrial age, Vovan's soldiers no longer feared the Colosseum's gladiators. Fifty of his armies descended on DarkCloud's undefended lands.

((50 / 5) - (0 / 5)) * (7 / 5) = 14 cities

The troops easily captured all of Iguana Fire without any casualties. Spoils of war included the Colosseum and the Silk Road.

The Byzantine insurgency
                    With the Dude Ranches glowing a radioactive green, Duke had no chance to attack. Instead, his armies found themselves defending against a wave of 200 desparate Dude armies.

((200 / 6) - (66 / 5)) * (11 / 6) = 36 cities

Outnumbered and faced by vastly superior weapons, Duke's army stood little chance and despite a furious resistance, was utterly annihilated.

66/11 = 6

Six Dude armies were lost in the fighting to retake what little remained of the Dude homeland.

With the original targets WASTED, Ljube had no choice but to call of his surprise invasion on the Dudes. Ljube was quite disappointed, as it was not yet known if future attacks would even be possible now that he was separated from what was left of the Dude Republic by a nucular wasteland.

Comment

• Perhaps The Trans Serbian Railroad can help.

Comment

• I knew I should have gotten a cover for that red button...
                        I changed my signature

Comment

• Maybe you need a representative government

Comment

• I just nuked like... 1/8 of the world .
                            I changed my signature

Comment

• 1800AD
                              Code:
                              Society Cities Tech Government Army Nukes SDI Gold
                              Gamecube64 10 15 Monarchy 335 0 0 3400
                              Ljube 18 8 Despotism 604 0 0 3702
                              Spaced Cowboy (+5) 11 Republic 200 0 0 200
                              Vovan 10(+6) 7 Monarchy 45 0 0 593

Wonders of the World
                              The Tower of Babel in Pyramedes (Gameis)
                              The Colosseum of Igualica (Vovan)
                              The Trojan Horse of Vovan City (Vovan)
                              The Acropolis of Pony Town (Duke 'o York)
                              The Silk Road to Spherko (Vovan)

The Trans Serbian Railroad (Ljube)

Wars
                              Ljube <--> Spaced
                              Gameis <--> Spaced

Due to the increasing number of cities, they will no longer be listed.

The Vassal State of Iguana Fire
                              Prisoner DarkCloud

The Kingdom of Cubium
                              King Gameis

The Serbian Empire
                              Emperor Ljube

The Byzantine Underground
                              Fugitive Duke o' York

The Spaced Dudes Republic
                              President Spaced Cowboy

The Vovan Kingdom
                              King Vovan

New technology costs
                              #8 Industrialization- 16 gold
                              #9 Representative Government- 40
                              #10 Mass Education- 50
                              #11 Nuclear Fission- 60
                              #12 Miniaturization- 108
                              #13 Space Flight- 127
                              #14 The Laser- 144
                              #15 Fusion- 169

Now taking orders for 1900 AD (Turn 8)

I guess I should of gone with the half-cubic model (half the cube of the tech level) for technology costs.

Clarifications on Turn Sequence.

1a. Espionage: New spy is trained.
                              1b. Espionage: New spy can be used immediately.
                              Each spy can target the entire espionage phase
                              2a. Trade: Money in Treasury can be used for trade. Cost is based on the tech levels on the chart, not new research.
                              2b. Trade: Payout is collected. Bonuses for governments are factored in the payout. This money goes into Treasury and can be budgeted in this very production turn as part of your orders.
                              Each spy can target the entire trade phase
                              3a. Production: Scientific Research
                              3b. Production: Military (armies, nukes, SDI)
                              3c. Production: Civic. Wonders, then Cities. (you can build and make use of the Trans Siberian RR the turn it is built.)
                              3d. Conquered cities rehabilitated free of charge.
                              Each spy can only target one of the production phases
                              4a. Foreign Aid: You can give away anything, but not cities. There's too much potential for abuse there.
                              Each spy can target the entire foreign aid phase
                              5a. War: Wars are fought based on the sequence orders are recieved by the GM. If an army is unable to fight a war due to someone else beating them to the target, it will stay home and defend. (This is not Galactic Overlord where ships travel through hyperspace, here your troops are within your nation until they invade the enemy) The person initiating the war can decide whether to use armies or nukes first.
                              Each spy can target the entire war phase
                              6a. Tax Collection: City Income / Wonder Income. Government bonuses are applied at time of tax collection. A Republic generates 10 gold * cities * tech, for example.

Comment

• the map. Black squares are wasteland.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X