Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF are you talking about? Peyton's been great! 30 TDs now, and he's pulled you back into the playoff hunt.
    Lot's of people would love to feel that kind of pain.
    You don't say.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So, Week 14 -- last week of regular season in Auction and IDP.

Auction League: Dreadnoughts and Vicious Rabbits are in; Flashtastics have a 50-pt tiebreaker advantage for 3rd, even if they lose today. That means we basically have 4 teams at 7-6, all fighting for the 4th playoff slot: Guynemer, Ben Kenobi, Shanghai United and WhatCanIGetFor$10. Lots of possibilities...

In IDP, things are a little more straighforward: Rabbits, Zopper and Deviations are in, and Jaguar controls his own destiny for the 4th playoff spot. If Jag stumbles against Ben Kenobi today, he still holds a 64-pt tiebreaker edge over ColdWizard, who plays Zopper.

It's also the first week of playoffs in the D/ST League. Good luck to all!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow, comes down to my last two, Owen Daniels and Gore. Tight match.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Of course everybody on my Auction team decides to get hurt right before the playoff start.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Week two of the 'Fitz Experiment'.

JR starts Kyle Rudolph in the TE position. And. Gets 0.05 points.

Benches Vernon Davis, so not only does he actually lose whatever he would have gotten Vernon Davis, he also gets a goose egg starting and loses a roster spot. What a wascally wabbit!

Sparrowhawk benches Fitz (who scored a whopping 1 point), and starts a different WR who scored 1.5 points!

Next week, watch as JR stops the bleeding and cuts Davis!

Oh, Fitz, got a point for a tackle. 7 targets, 0 catches.
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 9, 2012, 19:46.

Comment

• Holy ****.

Championship week... the Arizona Cardinals face... the Chicago Bears

The Bears D is going to put up 70 fantasy points.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Week two of the 'Fitz Experiment'.

Benches Vernon Davis, so not only does he actually lose whatever he would have gotten Vernon Davis, he also gets a goose egg starting and loses a roster spot. What a wascally wabbit!
                But Davis didn't do much better - one catch for four yards.

I'm hoping they sit Manning now so I can win in FFZ. Doubtful.

Comment

• I just need the Giants to shut down the Saints and Guy is done. He's no longer in control of his own destiny, and I, for the first time in a month, will have control over mine.

Comment

• at the Seahawks D points in D/ST
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I just need the Giants to shut down the Saints and Guy is done. He's no longer in control of his own destiny, and I, for the first time in a month, will have control over mine.
                      I think we'll both get our wish.

Comment

• Well, in the only two matchups that still matter, Guy is up by 13 with the Patriots D and Hanson still to play. (+13), (+20 proj) for a combined +33.

Berz still has Rodgers, Welker, and Gostkowski. Projections have Berz winning by 50.

I think Guy is done.

The other matchup has me and Shanghai United at 7-6, battling for the final playoff spot thanks to Berz doing so well. Thanks Berz!

I'm up by 16, and Shanghai still has Joique Bell and Jermichael Finley. I have Owen Daniels. I'm thankful he sat Hakeem Nicks, which might make the difference. Projections have me +5.

Funny thing, Shanghai offered me a trade for Vick + Baltimore Defense for Julio Jones! (23 points to 5.)

Comment

Week two of the 'Fitz Experiment'.

Next week, watch as JR stops the bleeding and cuts Davis!
                          I have 4 TEs on my IDP roster -- Gronk, Rudolph, VDavis, and DKeller. Because at this point, it's the smart thing to do. All I'm doing is playing matchups until Gronk (hopefully) returns. Now, as far as "stopping the bleeding" goes, let's see:

IDP first place clinched? Check.
                          Lead IDP league in scoring? By about 150. Yeah, really bleeding hard.

What was your record again, Ben?

BTW, congrats on things falling your way over in Auction League. I would never have thought 138 + Daniels would be enough, but it looks like it probably will be. Good for you.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BTW, congrats on things falling your way over in Auction League. I would never have thought 138 + Daniels would be enough, but it looks like it probably will be. Good for you.
                            Thanks. Good luck in IDP too. Despite your ribbing, I did field a team every week, something I doubt most here would do after 12 straight weeks of losses. I know I've seen many years where the cellar dwellars are an automatic win since they don't actually bother to manage their team.

As for Auction, I lost Cecil, so that hurt this week, may or may not finish under projections depending on Daniels. Despite all the hype surrounding Peyton, Cecil has really been carrying the team.

Will likely be only the second week I underperform all year.

Thomas was 20+ on my bench.

Comment

• I did field a team every week, something I doubt most here would do after 12 straight weeks of losses
                              I disagree with this. We have a pretty good group in IDP these days. The days of abandoned teams are long behind us.

Comment

Will likely be only the second week I underperform all year.

If you set your standards low enough, you are bound to achieve them
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X