Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, same way the rest of the NFC North feels about the Lions. A good feeling.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Man, there is nothing to warm my heart than to know the Raiders are in the Charger's division. It's like Christmas every week!
      Though tempered by the fact that the Patriots are in the same Conference
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Though tempered by the fact that the Patriots are in the same Conference
        Thankfully they are playing a second placed schedule, against Denver.

Chargers won't have to play them unless both make the playoffs and not likely until the conference championships if it goes that far.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Shawne Merriman busted for battery, false imprisonment Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2009 1:22 PM ET
          The days prior to the 2008 regular-season opener were dominated by discussion regarding whether Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman would be able to play due to a torn PCL.

This year, the question is whether Merriman will be able to play after allegedly assaulting a D-level television celebrity named Tila Tequila.

Merriman allegedly "choked and physically restrained" Tequila as she tried to leave his San Diego residence.

He was taken into custody at 3:45 p.m. local time and charged with battery and false imprisonment. Tequila was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Oops.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Not entirely sure what to make of the Seymour thing...I've thought for a while that Jarvis Green did at least as much as Seymour when he was hurt, but it's not like Seymour can't play at all. But he was almost certainly gone next year anyway, so picking up a 1st is ridiculously good value, and with more 4-3 coming there were too many DTs anyway. I just hope long term planning doesn't hurt the short term the same way it may very well have hurt them when Asante left.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• The Raiders are idiots. Great deal for the Pats (assuming they have the D-line depth to cover for Seymour's absence).
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Yeah, same way the rest of the NFC North feels about the Lions. A good feeling.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• He was taken into custody at 3:45 p.m. local time and charged with battery and false imprisonment. Tequila was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
                  I'm more willing to believe Merriman than Tila Tequila.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                    Shawne Merriman busted for battery, false imprisonment Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2009 1:22 PM ET
                    The days prior to the 2008 regular-season opener were dominated by discussion regarding whether Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman would be able to play due to a torn PCL.

This year, the question is whether Merriman will be able to play after allegedly assaulting a D-level television celebrity named Tila Tequila.

Merriman allegedly "choked and physically restrained" Tequila as she tried to leave his San Diego residence.

He was taken into custody at 3:45 p.m. local time and charged with battery and false imprisonment. Tequila was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Oops.
                    Oops indeed. Under the Goodell regime, this may result in a suspension. And being thought of as the new "Chris Brown" after being busted under the NFL's steroid testing regime does not bode well for his reputation.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Right, under the Godell regime where killing a dog lets you start the season.

Edit, apparently TT doesn't have any visible signs of injury. This is just attention whoring.
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 6, 2009, 15:32.

Comment

• Week 3 is starting a season (after 2 years out of the league, mind)? You really are a moron Ben.

Comment

• I don't think he ever should have been reinstated.

Comment

• He missed two seasons. He's lost a huge contract. He's done his jail time.

Vick deserves the chance to earn a living at his trade.

But given your opinion (which you're certainly entitled to hold), I don't want to hear any whining if Merriman is suspended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                              Not entirely sure what to make of the Seymour thing...I've thought for a while that Jarvis Green did at least as much as Seymour when he was hurt, but it's not like Seymour can't play at all. But he was almost certainly gone next year anyway, so picking up a 1st is ridiculously good value, and with more 4-3 coming there were too many DTs anyway. I just hope long term planning doesn't hurt the short term the same way it may very well have hurt them when Asante left.
                              The biggest problem is the number of veterans that has left the team: Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison and to lesser extent James Sanders and Ellis Hobbs. Those are big shoes to fill but it's a transition that's been in the works for the last two years.

Pats, by the way, filled the roster spot vacated by Seymour with G Kendall Simmons.

Comment

• I don't want to hear any whining if Merriman is suspended.
                                Only if it's actually proven he did any of these things. So far all we have is Tila Tequila's word.

Comment

Working...
                                X