X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 14, 2008, 20:34

Originally posted by Jaguar
    I don't like this trade for the Cowboys. I'd love it for some other teams.

Once a team gets talented enough, they're no longer searching for talent. They're searching for cost-effective talent. The Cowboys have plenty of talent, and they're about to come up against the cap, hard. It's impossible to keep that many superstars together.

Primarily, I'm thinking that DeMarcus Ware's second contract negotiations are looming. He is the best linebacker in the league, period. He is going to want an absurd sum of money, and he's going to be worth it. Should the Cowboys try to keep Owens, Williams, Ware, and their secondary together, they're in for a gigantic crunch.
    The Williams trade means that Owens is out the door at the end of the year.

As I predicted in October

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• It's a bit surprising that it's happening now; his $3M roster bonus wasn't due until June.

I can almost hear Belichick thinking, "Hmm, Randy and TO on the same field..."
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He'd have to be damn cheap. I can't decide if he's too greedy to play under the Pats cap or if he's just crazy enough to take the vet minimum to prove a point. I'd have to assume the former, unless he plays lots of Madden and just wants to create the ultimate unstoppable chuck-it offense.

In semi-related news, Torry Holt has asked for his release.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
          In semi-related news, Torry Holt has asked for his release.
          ... to be signed by the Bears?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            I can almost hear Belichick thinking, "Hmm, Randy and TO on the same field..."
            I can almost here Belichick halfway through the same season, "Hmm, Randy and TO on the same team, same locker room, same old crapski being spouted, same old dissention, dang, why did I bring them two together?"
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I hear the Raiders may want a WR
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Raiders might want a lot

Comment

• I just got out of the car, listening to the sorts talk stations here in Chicago. Spring training talk has definitely taken a back seat to T.O. speculation today. There seem to be two camps:

1. Dikta Acolytes -- Those who believe (like Ditka) that, no matter how good he is, Terrell Owens is a polarizing poison guaranteed to create dissension and destroy team unity. Da Coach has stated more than once about Owens that "I wouldn't have him on my team."

2. OMG it's T.O.!!! -- These folks are judging strictly on talent. They point out that Kyle Orton will never develop into a great QB unless he has someone to throw to, that Devin Hester might actually be an effective receiver with a legit threat to pair him with, and that the running game will improve if there's a passing game that demands respect.

It's interesting that Bears management has said nothing publicly at this point. Usually they're the first in line to announce they are not interested in Player X due to character issues. Perhaps that holier-than-thou statement will be forthcoming later today. Frankly, I would be shocked if they pursued Owens. I would be more shocked (and very pleased) if they landed him. They're just a bubble playoff contender without some serious upgrades.

Owens playing for a loser organization like Oakland? Only if there's absolutely no alternative.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Joked w/ Imran on Twitter on the possibility of T.O. returning to Philly. Don't see it happening though, but if you want an intriguing option, let me toss up the New York Giants.

Comment

• Teams already on the record as having "no interest" in T.O. --

NY Giants
                      NY Jets
                      Washington Redskins

Comment

• Places with known personality conflicts with TO based on past issues --

Philadelphia (Andy Reid, D. McNabb)
                        Minnesota (Childress was iirc Off. Coord. in Philly)

Comment

• I wish Oakland would sign him. Maybe that would dissolve the "Al Davis as mentor" brain fart Jerry Jones has had going on.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                            He'd have to be damn cheap. I can't decide if he's too greedy to play under the Pats cap or if he's just crazy enough to take the vet minimum to prove a point. I'd have to assume the former, unless he plays lots of Madden and just wants to create the ultimate unstoppable chuck-it offense.
                            There's also another compelling option out there for NE: Marvin Harrison.

Harrison's been very much under the radar. He's not as productive as he used to be, but he is still a quality player and could play a similar role as Isaac Bruce did last year in SF.

Plus, NE play IND every year it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                              Joked w/ Imran on Twitter on the possibility of T.O. returning to Philly. Don't see it happening though, but if you want an intriguing option, let me toss up the New York Giants.
                              They Giants would insist on a no gun clause in the contract .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Chargers would also be one of the teams that won't bite on TO.

Oh, as for NE, TO is too young for them. He needs to spend a couple years in Oakland first.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X