Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th best QB per play. And yes, I think he was definitely up there this past year.
    A surprising result that's for sure.

As for Rivers, I included him because Rivers has the highest yards/attempt that's all.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      A surprising result that's for sure.

As for Rivers, I included him because Rivers has the highest yards/attempt that's all.

Just curious, is Rivers rated #1,#2 or where?

Thanks Ben!
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• After failing to retain TJ Housh, Cincinnati decides they will strive for mediocrity!

The Cincinnati Bengals have re-signed Cedric Benson to a two-year, $7 million contract.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          After failing to retain TJ Housh, Cincinnati decides they will strive for mediocrity!
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Housh's feelings are hurt over the media calling him old. Yeah, well...you know. That stuff happens. At least he isn't in the Gulf.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• There you go Gramps. Even after accounting for Sacks, Rivers nudged out Brees.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 1985 Bears are No. 21.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Wow, how bad was the '77 Falcons offense? Only won half their games.

Only 1 SB winner in the top 10.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• 13 of the top 14 teams, and 19 of the 26 listed, played a only 14-game season (1977 and earlier). I don't know if that means the 70s were just a more defensive era, if it means it's just that much tougher to maintain a low PPG across a 16-game schedule, or what. For sure the rules have been changed to favor the offenses - significantly. It's worth noting.

It's also interesting that only half the list (13 teams) were even in the Super Bowl. Eight of them won.

I will resist the Bears troll.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Seriously, I was surprised.

Comment

• I wonder how that list would change if we look at the individual eras. Say that 1.0 would be the average, and how far above the norm the teams would be.

Comment

• 9-12 points per game isn't very much. Kickers against these teams would be at a premium.

Comment

• There are only 4 teams on the list from 1980 and beyond, and three of them won SB's. I'm sure this reflects the rules changes.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ... and the one who didn't (win the SB) lost to another team on the list that did.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Rules changing, and offensive schemes changing. The West Coast Offense in particular...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X