Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly would be the point in starting a new thread on something involving the NFL Offseason... when this thread is about.... the NFL Offseason?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Um, the fact that this one is over 525 posts...?
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well that's one reason to start a new NFL thread, but snoopy should know by now that as long as Ming's around it won't have the title "Cutler Sweepstakes".
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well, I meant after the AYRFSF portion
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Man, sports radio here is pretty much unanimous, both hosts and callers, in saying to the Bears: "Get Cutler at all costs." The typical opinion seems to be: send them a copy of the roster and our draft picks for the next couple years and tell Denver, "Take what you want, we'll take Cutler."

Hester, Orton and two #1? No problem.
            Briggs, Orton, Olsen and three #1s? Sure, why not?

In fact, the prevailing opinion is that we draft like crap in the first round anyway, so give them all the first-rounders they want.

I guess people here are a little tired of Chicago not having a quality QB since the 1940s...
            You are crazy as a bedbug!

About the 2 minute mark..amazing stuff..super QB
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Sources: Stallworth to be charged in deadly car crash

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth will be charged with DUI manslaughter after a Miami car crash that killed a pedestrian, according to people familiar with the case.

Two people with knowledge of the case said on condition of anonymity the charges will be filed Wednesday against the 28-year-old Stallworth in the March 14 accident that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes. They requested anonymity because the charges haven't been announced.

The charge carries a possible 15-year prison sentence.

Stallworth earlier released a statement saying he was "grief-stricken" over the accident.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns before last season but was injured much of the year. He previously played for New England, Philadelphia and New Orleans
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hey, I am - and was - a huge Jim McMahon fan. In his prime, there was no one else I would prefer to see leading the Bears in a big game. But his physical style of play, while endearing to teammates and fans, just kept getting him hurt. Which is the main reason the Bears only won one Super Bowl with that team.

McMahon wasn't a great QB statistically (except for WINS). While in Chicago, he never had more than 15 TD passes in a year, only started more than 9 games twice, and never completed 60% of his passes. His QB ratings were never great. But his leadership ability was unquestioned and absolutely outstanding.

Jimmy Mac was awesome, but his is a tale of one shining season of success amid several years of broken dreams.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Hey, I am - and was - a huge Jim McMahon fan. In his prime, there was no one else I would prefer to see leading the Bears in a big game. But his physical style of play, while endearing to teammates and fans, just kept getting him hurt. Which is the main reason the Bears only won one Super Bowl with that team.

McMahon wasn't a great QB statistically (except for WINS). Never had more than 15 TD passes in a year, only started more than 9 games twice in Chicago, never completed 60% of his passes here. But his leadership was outstanding.

Jimmy Mac was awesome, but his is a tale of one shining season of success amid several years of broken dreams.
                  Well, your response was perfect, you didnt bite

I agree with your assessment

Comment

• Congrats on documenting my minor DanSing.

Comment

• I always wanted to see the 85 Bears against the 89 49ers.

1984 Playoffs - 49ers 23 Bears 0
                      1985 - Bears 26 49ers 10
                      1986 - Did Not Meet
                      1987 - 49ers 41 Bears 0
                      1988 - Bears 10 49ers 9
                      1988 Playoffs - 49ers 28 Bears 3
                      1989 - 49ers 26 Bears 0
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Lions Trade #1 Pick for Tom Brady's DNA

In a stunning move the Detroit Lions have traded the #1 pick in this year's NFL draft to the New England Patriots for a sample of Tom Brady's DNA.

"We were really impressed with Stafford and Sanchez in the workouts they did for us, but we didn't think they were the right fit," said Lions GM Martin Mayhew.

"With the advances in cloning technology," added Team President Tom Lewand, "there's no better prospect than a clone of Tom Brady. He's won a few Super Bowls. We expect his clone can lead us to at least one."

Coach Jim "The Schwartz" Schwartz gushed, "It's amazing what they're doing with cloning nowadays. In three years we'll have one of the top quarterbacks in the league."

An unknown biotech firm in South Korea is under contract for the project. Details were not released.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• About time they make a decent trade.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wow, why didn't the Bears make a pitch for the Bolt's backup if they needed a QB. Cutler will give you the yards, but wins are another matter.

Shipping him will make Denver a better team in the long run.

1st round pick plus Orton is fair to Denver, but I'd bet you could get him for a second rounder plus Orton.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; April 1, 2009, 16:51.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Um, the Bears don't want a backup. We're talking about an All-Pro, a franchise QB. They don't exactly come on the open market very often.

As for the cost, you're wrong. With up to 10 teams interested, no way does a Orton plus a 2nd-rounder get it done. Law of supply and demand.

Plus, Cutler's cap number for this year is only a bit over $1million, and he's under contract through 2011. That has real value.

Comment

• Put it this way, had Tennessee kept Billy Volek over Vince Young, they'd have a superbowl right now.

Billy Volek got a raw deal with the Titans.

He is the kind of QB that the Bears could use. Very high efficiency, few turnovers, etc.

He would be a much better franchise QB then Cutler.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X