No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in other words, you don't believe it your self and aren't willing to back it up with real money. Got it.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Usually caused by a 'scratch'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGRv-okD7U
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• I love how some people think that since something appears on youtube, it's a fact and true...
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          I love how some people think that since something appears on mainstream media, it's a fact and true...
          Fixed

Comment

• But the difference is, when I see something in the media, I then go and do research from multiple sources, including opposing points of view and then make up my own mind after reviewing the actual facts. Some people just post youtube videos claiming TRUTH, FACT, see there is a video...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              But the difference is, when I see something in the media, I then go and do research from multiple sources, including opposing points of view and then make up my own mind after reviewing the actual facts. Some people just post fake news claiming TRUTH, FACT, see there is a story...
              Dude, you are saving me a lot of typing.

Comment

• And these videos are wrong time after time, but then there is a new one...

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Some of you may recall I said I'd keep my avatar of Trump as long as he was President. Since the transition is taking place, this seems apropos.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    Some of you may recall I said I'd keep my avatar of Trump as long as he was President. Since the transition is taking place, this seems apropos.
                    Like the pic of the chic in your avatar...its, somehow d i f f e r e n t... Got to say though, you have counted that chic before it hatched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      And these videos are wrong time after time, but then there is a new one...

JM
                      Don't like 'Happy Days Are Here Again'? Been around since the '30s, no new one coming along I'm sure.

Comment

• Texas clearly has no standing to interfere in the elections of other states.

Everything I read says this is the equivalent of a nuisance suit. The "original jurisdiction" resolution by the Supreme Court was designed to rule on disputes between states (typically over borders, water rights, taxes, etc.) that they can not reach agreement on. And that's certainly not what's happening here. This lawsuit claims to be about voting systems, yet is clearly based solely on election results that have already been challenged, litigated, recounted, finalized, and certified.

I understand that in America, anyone can sue anyone else for anything. But this lawsuit is a major stretch, basically arguing: "We're Texas, so screw your election." Laughable in its obvious lack of legitimate merit. Frankly, it's more embarrassing than anything Giuliani and company have come up with.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• SCOTUS d o e s have standing, and they say the four states have to do Texas's 'the thing'. So, one more theory down the toilet...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Texas clearly has no standing to interfere in the elections of other states.

Everything I read says this is the equivalent of a nuisance suit. The "original jurisdiction" resolution by the Supreme Court was designed to rule on disputes between states (typically over borders, water rights, taxes, etc.) that they can not reach agreement on. And that's certainly not what's happening here. This lawsuit claims to be about voting systems, yet is clearly based solely on election results that have already been challenged, litigated, recounted, finalized, and certified.

I understand that in America, anyone can sue anyone else for anything. But this lawsuit is a major stretch, basically arguing: "We're Texas, so screw your election." Laughable in its obvious lack of legitimate merit. Frankly, it's more embarrassing than anything Giuliani and company have come up with.
                            There's no such limit to the original justification resolution. The intent of the resolution is to prevent conflicts between the states. And yes there is a conflict, which gives Texas (and the other states) standing. The key is that those states unconstitutionally changed the rules to elect Joe Biden. By doing so they invited fraud and then refused to investigate it properly. To be specific, there is no reason for people in Texas to even vote if states are allowed to engage in such unconstitutional and un-American acts. So the people of Texas have good standing.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL! Well if that's true, on behalf of the people of Illinois, I hereby sue the state of Texas for their voting system changes, which disenfranchised tens of thousands by eliminating many polling places, limiting drop boxes to one per county, and refusing to let Covid-threatened residence vote safely by absentee ballot, clearly abridging their constitutional right to vote. This deliberate disenfranchisement is clearly unconstitutional, and the resulting Trump victory does clear and immediate harm to the great state of Illinois.

• Kidlicious
                              Kidlicious commented
                              Editing a comment
                              "Limiting drop boxes." Give me a break.

Yeah, you could have tried, but that doesn't mean it would go anywhere.

• Here's what conservative lawyer Alan Dershowitz said on Newsmax TV:

Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax TV on Tuesday that Texas’ attempt to sue multiple other states over the 2020 presidential election is a “creative approach,” that “almost certainly” won’t overturn the results of the election.”

Dershowitz noted on “John Bachman Now” that the U.S. Constitution allows a state to sue another state, but “it rarely happens and it almost never succeeds, but it’s a very creative approach.”

He added that the argument that Texans have been deprived of their rights is “a stretch,” adding that “it’s never been tried before,” but “it probably will be taken seriously by the Supreme Court. Will it result in an undoing of the election? Almost certainly not.”

Dershowitz said, “will the Supreme Court take the case? Who knows. They’re never had it like this presented before, this is all novel. The whole case is a first impression. A+ for creativity, but whether or not it will work in the end is very doubtful.”
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Everyone here hates Newsmax until they don't. Newsmax is wrong in this case.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's Dershowitz, a respected constitutional scholar and litigator, speaking for himself in evaluating the merits of the Texas lawsuit. I personally despise Newsmax, but I do like to know what kind of poison is being fed to the right. Quoted here to make sure Kid would read it.
                            Working...
                            X