Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    Trump applying pressure to officials, governors and legislatures is straight out of a dictators playbook. If it isn't illegal it should be. It is definitely impeachable.

JM
    I heard something about that, but whenever I hear about Trump doing Hitler stuff my eyes start rolling.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Ted Striker
      Ted Striker commented
      Editing a comment
      No need to go all the way to Hitler, he is in love with Erdogan, Putin, and Kim Jung Un

The people he has problems with are democratically elected leaders

Be honest and come out and say it, you don’t care if he abuses his power to win.

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      Kid and Lancer are fervently hoping Trump can abuse his power to win.

• Has any other president, ever, in the history of our republic, done such a thing?

Trump doing it doesn't make him better. It makes him worse.

The countries who do it aren't ones like Nazi Germany, rather they are Banana Republics in South America and Africa.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

12/8 still means something even in a disputed election. It means that each state has said that there is no problems with it's electoral votes. This doesn't mean that congress has to accept them, in January congress will have the opportunity to invalidate the votes, if it so chooses.

If you dispute an election there are two main dates. One is 12/8, when states have to have to submit their slate. Then it is in January when congress validates the vote. In the past, 12/14 also mattered a lot (and you could say it is actually on 12/14 when Biden becomes the official President-elect) but recent rulings and laws have taken away the electors ability to use their discretion.

JM
      It's really convenient for cheaters the way the system has been set up where the votes are certified but no sane person can say for sure that there was no cheating. All of this is said and done lickidy split.

But the Constitution has safe guards against officials making their own rules to cheat. So the election is still not certain. A lot of things can happen.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        Those dates were set up back when we didn't even have decent transportation, much less instant global communication. Dude, it's been a month and you've got nothing.

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        And you've been putting up road blocks and lying.

Has any other president, ever, in the history of our republic, done such a thing?

Trump doing it doesn't make him better. It makes him worse.

The countries who do it aren't ones like Nazi Germany, rather they are Banana Republics in South America and Africa.

JM
      Don't show me a pile of horse**** and tell me there's a candy in there.

Comment

• Ted Striker
        Ted Striker commented
        Editing a comment
        You dodged his question

• Again... where is the PROOF that there was massive voter fraud?
      Trump has tried everything, and failed to prove his wild ass claims.
      His own DOJ disagrees him... So it's only the insane people who keep making claims that there is NO EVIDENCE to support.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

It's really convenient for cheaters the way the system has been set up where the votes are certified but no sane person can say for sure that there was no cheating. All of this is said and done lickidy split.

But the Constitution has safe guards against officials making their own rules to cheat. So the election is still not certain. A lot of things can happen.

You need more than just wild claims about fraud in order to convince people.
        The fatc that even Trump friendly judges throw out lawsuits by Trumps attorneys clearly shows how little eviddence Trump (and his people) actuaally have for voting fraud favoring Biden.

Also I may remind you of the Wisconsin recount for which Trumps campaign paid 3mio $ and which which actually gave Biden more than 100 votes

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• PA GOP Senate Leader: ‘I’d Get My House Bombed’ if I Defied Trump’s Election Schemes (thedailybeast.com)

Doesn't sound at all like normal or a disputed election (Ala 2000 and 2016). Sounds like violent extremist terrorist groups acting to try and disrupt an election and suborn the will of the people.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Note that not only has there been no evidence of massive pervasive voter fraud, there has also not been evidence of massive pervasive election fraud against Trump.

All of the disruption that there is clear evidence for is against Trump, that he and his allies engaged in massive pervasive attempts to subvert the election by pressuring officials, governors and legislators (including by firing officials who refuse his pressure who are under his authority), by disrupting the postal service, by acting against US interests and law (determined by congress) to acquire aid from foreign nations, and by inciting violence.

I am not sure why there has been so few suits filed against him or his allies. The only one I know about is by the election security official who was fired.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I'm only going to discuss new evidence at this point instead of repeating debates.

Comment

• Ted Striker
              Ted Striker commented
              Editing a comment
              If you take everything away from a part of the Universe, what are you left with? You'd assume the answer is "nothing," but perhaps that's not quite right. You can take all the particles and antiparticles away, all the various types of radiation, all the curvature of space and ripples of gravitational waves away, and find yourself embedded in purely empty space, where there's nothing at all for you to interact with. Yet, is that really "nothing," or is there still something there?

Did the entire Universe come from nothing? And if so, how close to what we idealize as "nothingness" is it really?

• Then why did you ignore the evidence I posted above of an illegal attempt overturn the election?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Then why did you ignore the evidence I posted above of an illegal attempt overturn the election?

JM
              If someone got threatened then I'm sure the FBI will be on that, but at the same time it's a distraction.

Comment

• Kid, do you notice any changes around here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhVRkTWAGkA
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Kidlicious
                  Kidlicious commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SCOTUS ordered response?

• Lancer
                  Lancer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. By tomorrow at 3PM

• There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Pro tip (for Americans) - If you buy a discounted Advent Calendar the day after Christmas, it will count down to Biden's Inauguration Day.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• "The only thing left to decide about Trump is do we try his as an adult.", - Michael Moore.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X