No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume the courts would prioritize said lawsuits. But yes, if it were somehow possible to steal an election by spamming frivolous lawsuits, it would lead to people saying water is wet.

Comment

• If thats the case, then american voters actually doesn't count if previous elected goons just have enough money to throw a bunch of lawyers against the court system.

Somehow I think this sounds more like a banana republic than a democracy
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I wonder, will the orange buffoon survive a defeat? Can his ego take it? Will he have to be allocated in a psychiatric ward?
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Trump's lead in Georgia is now under 4000 votes... time to ask Putin to perform an air strike.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Biden's lead in Georgia is just over 600 votes (as I type this). Time to stop counting?

• So, if Trump had done more to prevent 200k+ Covid deaths, a mostly old and therefore Republican leaning populace, maybe he would have won these last few marginals states.

Covid may lose him the election.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Trump actually suffering a negative consequence for being incompetent, that must be a first for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              2016 came across as a reasonable, and sorta expected, polling error.

2020 is something else. At least in Michigan and Wisconsin. Instead of 54/46 it is 49/49.

JM
              I think it's too soon to say. The results -> polls as we get more votes counted.
              "

Comment

• It is not too soon. In 2016 the polls were off by an average of 5 points and in 2020 the polls were off by and average of eight points. In Nevada the polls were off by 11 points. We had similar problems with polls in 2018 so it is fair to say the polling industry has big problems.

Part of it is some Republicans refuse to tell who they are voting for, part of it is polling companies are over sampling democrats, part of it is companies like yougov only do online polls without anyone with a either a landline or a cellphone, part of it is many use the same self selected respondents over and over, part of it is media companies really are doing push polls designed to make sensational headlines and thus get them the shocking headlines which get them the most clicks and views, part of it is polls are commissioned by political parties and they only release polls which are favorable to that political party. There are tons of reasons why but what is not in dispute is that, as an industry, polling is not any where near accurate at this point.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let's not forget about people who deliberately lie to pollsters and surveys.

• Georgia is about to flip. Less than 2k difference with ~16k remaining to be counted.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Oh fugg, if Georgia flips to Biden and Arizona and Nevada flip to Trump it could be 269/269

Comment

• N35t0r
                    N35t0r commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That would fit totally with 2020.

• dannubis
                    dannubis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why the hell are there an even number of electoral votes?

• If Biden wins Georgia / Arizona / Pennsylvania I think the polls come out okay.
                  "

Comment

• Looks like Biden will win in NV too.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Those recent days should fall under the definition of torture. Then again I welcome the fact that it gives Trump plenty of opportunity to throw a tantrum whenever he watches tv (which is probably most of the time).

Blah

Comment

• Just as an aside:

Twitter permanently suspended an account belonging to former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon after he suggested Thursday morning that Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray should be beheaded. His comments were made in a video posted to his Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter accounts.

Bannon falsely claimed President Trump had won reelection, despite several key states still being too close to call, and said that he should fire both Fauci and Wray.

He then said he would go further: "I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone."
                        The comments came during a livestream of Bannon's "War Room: Pandemic" online show.

The video was live on Bannon's Facebook page for about 10 hours Thursday and had been viewed almost 200,000 times before Facebook removed it, citing its violence and incitement policies. CNN has reached out to Bannon for comment.

(snipsnap)
                        full: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/05/t...ion/index.html
                        Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Trump himself declared that he thought his head should be displayed on Mt. Rushmore. I concur, and would be willing to arrange for a pike.
                          (Wasn't Mt. Rushmore the wonder you could build after discovering Fascism in Civ IV?)

• Look who's leading in Georgia...
                        Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ...and Nevada
                          ...and Arizona
                      Working...
                      X