No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're still building settlements in the west bank and stealing land.

Comment

• As they should. There MUST be a cost to the Arab’s refusal to make peace. The longer they refuse the more they lose.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• As they should. There MUST be a cost to the Arab’s refusal to make peace. The longer they refuse the more they lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
          They're still building settlements in the west bank and stealing land.
          No reasonable person thinks attacks are going to stop no matter what Israel does. At first they would have left for peace, but I don't know if anyone believes peace is realistic. So this is not even like Native American Tribes losing their land. The Tribes were peaceful. They didn't want to drive the white man back to Europe. They just wanted the white man to stop taking more land.

So my point is this, you want to compare the Jews to early Americans but they aren't. You want to compare Palestinians to Native Americans but they aren't. We're talking about a different conflict. There's no good guys. There's no group that is the victim in all this. I don't think that the Jews should ever have been allowed to migrate there in such numbers and establish their own state, but hindsight is 20/20. But now they have their own state and they are going to behave like a state. When it comes down to it it's wrong (segregation), but let's be real, it's what most countries would do.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Most people just want to get on with their lives. You seem to think Palestinians are irrational savages.

Comment

• Many indeed are. They have been trained from birth to be so.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                Most people just want to get on with their lives. You seem to think Palestinians are irrational savages.
                Is this a joke? You support Tlaib.

No, but seriously, if they want their land they need to stop the attacks. That has nothing to do with Individuals. I have no idea what any Palestinian is like. You think you do, and you think you know what all the Jews are like.

Comment

• People like giblets elect people like this to represent the Palestinian people https://youtu.be/sJBRnxGuLwg then they accuse you of thinking Palestinian people are crazy. How about this. Elect a rational person then tell us not to think Palestinians aren't crazy. Otherwise, you know, it's like you just want to call us racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    As they should. There MUST be a cost to the Arab’s refusal to make peace. The longer they refuse the more they lose.
                    They seem to have been losing for the last 20 years.

I blame the Palestinians for rejecting the peace about 20 years ago, but Israel today is not interested in peace and is actively engaging in terrible behavior. It seems that this is the case where the international community needs to dictate peace and both sides need to realize that they won't get 100% of what they want.

I think that the rest of the world is not being realistic when discussing a one state solution, there is too much well motivated anger and hurt on both sides to have such a thing now. A two state solution where Palestines security is backed by UN/EU/Europe for ~40 years seems the only solution. Then maybe a one state solution could be discussed, after wounds have time to heal.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I don't think Israel believes that peace is possible anymore. You can't really blame them for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

They seem to have been losing for the last 20 years.

I blame the Palestinians for rejecting the peace about 20 years ago, but Israel today is not interested in peace and is actively engaging in terrible behavior. It seems that this is the case where the international community needs to dictate peace and both sides need to realize that they won't get 100% of what they want.

I think that the rest of the world is not being realistic when discussing a one state solution, there is too much well motivated anger and hurt on both sides to have such a thing now. A two state solution where Palestines security is backed by UN/EU/Europe for ~40 years seems the only solution. Then maybe a one state solution could be discussed, after wounds have time to heal.

JM
                        Israel is treated like no other state has ever been treated in history, by the UN. Is that because of the anti-semitism in the UN? We can't have double standards. There are many other countries that abuse human rights and nothing is done.

Comment

• Bolton was fired for suggesting Libyan Model.

Comment

• Delete
                            Last edited by Kidlicious; September 12, 2019, 09:28.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Now you're recycling 2016 conspiracy news? Hell, I can probably find a 3-year old post about this from you in this very thread.

• Kidlicious
                              Kidlicious commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hold on .......

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Israel is treated like no other state has ever been treated in history, by the UN. Is that because of the anti-semitism in the UN? We can't have double standards. There are many other countries that abuse human rights and nothing is done.
                            The first major UN declaration on apartheid came on 2 December 1950 when the General Assembly declared that "a policy of 'racial segregation' (apartheid) is necessarily based on doctrines of racial discrimination".

A decade later the Security Council in its first action on South Africa adopted Resolution 134 deploring the policies and actions of the South African government in the wake of the killing of 69 peaceful African protesters in Sharpeville by the police on 21 March. The Council called upon the government to abandon its policies of apartheid and racial discrimination.

Three years later, in 1963 the Special Committee against Apartheid met for the first time. On 7 August the same year, the Security Council adopted Resolution 181 calling upon all States to cease the sale and shipment of arms, ammunition and military vehicles to South Africa. The arms embargo was made mandatory on 4 November 1977.

1963 also saw the General Assembly Resolution (on the question of Namibia), urging all States to refrain from supplying petroleum to South Africa. It was the first of many efforts by the UN to enact effective oil sanctions against apartheid.

Five years later, 1968, the General Assembly requested all States and organisations "to suspend cultural, educational, sporting and other exchanges with the racist regime and with organisations or institutions in South Africa which practice apartheid.

In 1984, the Security Council declared null and void the new racist constitution of South Africa.

Does the UN hate white people?

Comment

• Ok. My deleted post was inaccurate.

Weapons were shipped to ISIS and other rebels in Syria from Benghazi. DIA docs show that Obama/Clinton were informed. Guess who created the docs? Hint: some people think he worked for Putin.

Comment

Working...
                              X