No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems like KH outright lying, saying that the FBI hasn't completed the background investigation for Kavanaugh. How stupid are voters to fall for that?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
      Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'

The woman who accuses US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to rape her will not testify to the Senate next week, her lawyer says.

Christine Blasey Ford's attorney told CNN her client has been "deflecting death threats and harassment".

Lawyer Lisa Banks said before her client goes to Congress, she wants an FBI investigation into Judge Kavanaugh.

The nominee, who denies the claim, has met officials at the White House for a second day.
      Prof Ford's legal team say they have written to the Senate Judiciary Committee declining its offer to testify.

Her lawyer told CNN on Tuesday night: "It's premature to talk about a hearing on Monday because she [Prof Ford] has been dealing with the threats, the harassment and the safety of her family and that's what she's been focused on for the last couple of days."

She said that since going public with her allegation in the Washington Post on Sunday, Prof Ford has been trying to work out where her family are going to sleep at night.

The legal team's letter says that Prof Ford's family has been forced to move out of their home, her email has been hacked and she has been impersonated online.
      The woman who says the US Supreme Court pick once attacked her has had to flee home, says her lawyer.
      Last edited by Broken_Erika; September 19, 2018, 07:32.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably wouldn't have gotten any death threats if she went to the local police instead of the Democrats and the fake news.

• Now the FBI put the decision on the President. Pussies.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
        Cathay Pacific spells own name wrong on new plane
        An airline has had to send a new plane back to the paint shop after the company's name was spelled incorrectly on it.

Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific painted its name as "Cathay Paciic" on the side of the jet.

Eagle-eyed travellers spotted the mistake at Hong Kong International Airport and contacted the airline.

"Oops this special livery won't last long! She's going back to the shop!" the company joked on Twitter.

Cathay Pacific misspelled its name as "Cathay Paciic" on the side of one of its planes.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• So, 65 women have signed a letter in which they express their support for Kavanaugh and say that he treated them well?

Well, nearly 600 former students of Dr. Christine Fords High School now signed a letter in which the express their support for Dr. Ford and say that they believe her allegations

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/18/178699...gh-holton-arms
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 19, 2018, 11:27. Reason: Dubious allegation removed
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• On another note:

Interesting statement Kavanaugh made in 2015:
            "But fortunately, we had a good saying that we've held firm to to this day ... which is: What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep," Kavanaugh said, according to a video of the speech. "I think that's been a good thing for all of us."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Do you have a link on the claim of many of those 65 possibly not existing?

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                Do you have a link on the claim of many of those 65 possibly not existing?
                Just tried to find it again ... but haven't been able to do so, guess then it was just something I read on Twitter and which cannot be confirmed by any reliable media. I will delete the passage from my original post, after all we should hold ourselves to higher standards than Trumpists do

Comment

• I think the whole idea of defending anyone with a list of "women who were not treated horribly by this man" is ridiculous and laughable. I'm sure Les Moonves and Bill Cosby could come up with impressive lists of character witnesses as well.

"But your honor, look at all the people I did not murder!"

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Aye ...
                    even Brock Turner (the swimmer who tried to rape the drunken girl) surely could name a huge number of women he didn't try to rape
                    (probably basically every girl he met befüre he tried to rape Emily Doe)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      I think the whole idea of defending anyone with a list of "women who were not treated horribly by this man" is ridiculous and laughable. I'm sure Les Moonves and Bill Cosby could come up with impressive lists of character witnesses as well.

"But your honor, look at all the people I did not murder!"
                      So true...

There are not going be any "provable" facts in this case
                      He claims he didn't do it
                      She claims he did

The only witness (granted it's his friend, so that means very little) says it didn't happen
                      She can't remember when or where it happened, so there is no chance for any other witnesses
                      She didn't tell anybody at the time, and you can't even find somebody that says she raced out of the room with her clothes messed up or that she looked distraught

It's her "memory" vs. his "memory"
                      All that's left is spin

Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                        So, 65 women have signed a letter in which they express their support for Kavanaugh and say that he treated them well?

Well, nearly 600 former students of Dr. Christine Fords High School now signed a letter in which the express their support for Dr. Ford and say that they believe her allegations

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/18/178699...gh-holton-arms
                        Those 600 don't mean anything. Everyone in this feminist culture knows that you have to say you believe an accuser that is a woman accusing a man of abuse. Even republicans know that. That being said, the fact that she went to the Democrats and the enemies of the people instead of the police will tell you all you need to know.

But 35 women defending him says a lot. Did any other accused person have 35 women defending him?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So 600 character witnesses for her means nothing, but 65 character witnesses for him says a lot?
                          WTF dude. Makes zero sense.

• Conflicts of Interest are for Democrats!
                        Originally posted by BBC
                        Trump on Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
                        US President Donald Trump has said he does not "have an attorney general" in his fiercest attack yet on Jeff Sessions.

In an interview with Hill.TV, Mr Trump renewed criticism of Mr Sessions' decision to step aside from the inquiry into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election.

He also said he was unhappy with Mr Sessions' response to immigration.

The attorney general is yet to respond to Mr Trump's comments.
                        What did Trump say?
                        "I don't have an attorney general. It's very sad," Mr Trump said during Tuesday's interview.

He added that he was "very disappointed" about Mr Sessions' decision to leave the investigation.

Asked whether he would consider firing Mr Sessions, the president responded: "We'll see what happens. A lot of people have asked me to do that.

"And I guess I study history, and I say I just want to leave things alone, but it was very unfair what he did [in recusing himself from the Russia investigation]."

Mr Trump also told Hill.TV that he was "not happy" with Mr Sessions on immigration and other issues, and said the attorney general had performed "very poorly" during the nomination process for the post.

"I mean, he was mixed up and confused, and people that worked with him for, you know, a long time in the Senate were not nice to him, but he was giving very confusing answers," he said.

"Answers that should have been easily answered. And that was a rough time for him."
                        In his fiercest attack yet on Jeff Sessions, the US president says he is "very disappointed".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          But 35 women defending him says a lot. Did any other accused person have 35 women defending him?
                          As said a few postings ago.
                          It actually says nothing.

Many rapists will have lots of women (co-workers, friends, schoolmates, family) who can testify that they (i.e. the rapist) didn't try to touch them inappropriately and that they cannot imagine him (the rapist) doing such a thing.

Nevertheless said rapists diverted from their normal behavior towrards (at least) once in their life and beca,me a predatory animal.

As I said, Brock Turner is a good example

And if you rape one woman you are a rapist no matter how many women yolu didn't rape.

Similar to attempted rape. No matter how many women you didn't attempt to rape ... if you try it at least once, you are guilty of attempted rape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

As said a few postings ago.
                            It actually says nothing.

Many rapists will have lots of women (co-workers, friends, schoolmates, family) who can testify that they (i.e. the rapist) didn't try to touch them inappropriately and that they cannot imagine him (the rapist) doing such a thing.

Nevertheless said rapists diverted from their normal behavior towrards (at least) once in their life and beca,me a predatory animal.

As I said, Brock Turner is a good example

And if you rape one woman you are a rapist no matter how many women yolu didn't rape.

Similar to attempted rape. No matter how many women you didn't attempt to rape ... if you try it at least once, you are guilty of attempted rape.
                            So you don't have any evidence that ANY other accused person had 35 women testify on his behave? Got it.

But everyone knows the accusation is false. It's just a matter of saying that it's false. Those 600 students said that they believe her, but they don't.

Comment

Working...
                            X