Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Trump pimp Dennis Hof wins Nevada election weeks after he died

Voters elect Dennis Hof, a Nevada brothel owner who died last month, to a state Assembly seat
    • The 72-year-old Hof posthumously beat Democrat Lesia Romanov, an educator.
    • State law allows county officials to appoint another Republican to fill the vacancy

(...)

full: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/pro-...r-he-died.html

Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      A dead Republican is a good Republican. More Republicans should follow Hof's excellent example.

• Pres says Pelosi should be Speaker, which means she won't be.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      On what do you base this random brain fart?

• USA ... land of the endless possibilities ... where death doesn't keep you from getting a seat at the state assembly
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• In Chicago, it doesn't keep you from voting either
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Uncle Sparky and Proteus, what did they do to your avatars?!??!!?
        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          USA ... land of the endless possibilities ... where death doesn't keep you from getting a seat at the state assembly
          Actually, this was just another case of strategic voting. Republicans voted for the dead guy knowing that doing so would result in the County Commissioners choosing a replacement (who would be a Republican because the County Commissioners are Republicans). In fact, many Republicans who could not bring themselves to vote for a brothel owner felt the could now do so, since the candidate could never actually take office.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The US military units that have been sent to the border because of the so called "caravan" have been withdrawn without any further reason being given:
            https://www.sourcepolitics.com/break...-reason-given/

I guess the reason is, that "Operation Scaretactics" has been completed and now, that the midterm elections are over, there is no reason to continue this expensive charade
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              Uncle Sparky and Proteus, what did they do to your avatars?!??!!?
              Wed want to make Kid happy by schowing him the beautiful face of his master

Comment

• Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• As long expected, Jeff Sessions has been fired.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Donnie really loses no time, trying to stop the Mueller investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      As long expected, Jeff Sessions has been fired.
                      Come on man. I'm supposed to post that.

Comment

Donnie really loses no time, trying to stop the Mueller investigation
                        Who's going to stop him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Who's going to stop him?
                          Really interesting question ... I guess the GOP senators won't ... they are corrupt to the core (at least the majority of them)

Comment

Really interesting question ... I guess the GOP senators won't ... they are corrupt to the core (at least the majority of them)
                            On what grounds do you make the accusation that firing Mueller is corrupt?

Comment

Working...
                            X