No announcement yet.

KKK announces victory parade in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Shi, I really don't see what issues you have with GT's statement. Free speech is free speech. Lots of people that I don't like have opinions and loudspeakers. Should I take that away from them? Or just spend my time not caring about what they have to say?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      So what was your problem with the posts I made when you had no problem with the post GT made?
      As to your actual post minus the insults... GT wasn't calling people racists... You were.
      In your opinion, GT's post was covert racism. Many people disagree. You then called them racist.
      People disagreed... you then insult them.

See the pattern yet...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's an observation of 2 groups, based on fact.
        NOWHERE did I give indication of the bull**** you allege.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          As to your actual post minus the insults... GT wasn't calling people racists... You were.
          In your opinion, GT's post was covert racism. Many people disagree. You then called them racist.
          People disagreed... you then insult them.

See the pattern yet...
          I see a pattern of twisting things to attack someone who has proven you wrong, Ben.

"DaShi attempts to prove his point by doing the same thing with "pedophiles, christians" and "you or serial rapists"... but instead of just trying to make his point, he's going for the direct insults by making it personal and finishing up with the racist accusation."

Let me guess, I'm going to have to explain this one to you. Or can you just answer the question? Or, even better, just admit that you were bothered by pedophile and serial rapists in the list with christians, but not BLM and the KKK listed together.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• KKK is comprised of scum. The Republican Party also has some scum in their membership, which hinders their overall effort. (well, okay, it hasn't really hindered the Republicans)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              It's an observation of 2 groups, based on fact.
              NOWHERE did I give indication of the bull**** you allege.
              How many people does it take to destroy the image of a movement? How many people need to be threatened by gun rights activists until you speak out against that movement too?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Jesus Christ, white fragility is a real thing. It's amazing how far white people will go to claim that they are not racist in the slightest.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• You still haven't answered my question, Da Shi.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• WOW, if you don't think BLM is always right and pure you're a racist. Is that your argument?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I see a pattern of twisting things to attack someone who has proven you wrong, Ben.
                      I haven't been proven wrong...

"DaShi attempts to prove his point by doing the same thing with "pedophiles, christians" and "you or serial rapists"... but instead of just trying to make his point, he's going for the direct insults by making it personal and finishing up with the racist accusation."
                      But you are calling people racist and throwing around insults... fact.

Let me guess, I'm going to have to explain this one to you. Or can you just answer the question? Or, even better, just admit that you were bothered by pedophile and serial rapists in the list with christians, but not BLM and the KKK listed together.
                      First, I have no problem with pedophiles/serial rapists being mentioned with christians... If you actually followed all the threads here, you will see I've made the same connection when attacking some of BK broad sweeping generalizations. So, no, not bothered at all since I'm one of the biggest attackers of how the Catholic Church acted even though I'm Catholic.

And one more time... GT did not claim that BLM was like the KKK. He didn't say he supported the KKK. He wasn't associating the two. He was talking about free speech.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        WOW, if you don't think BLM is always right and pure you're a racist. Is that your argument?
                        No, I'm simply pointing out inherent racist biases that are quite noticeable in this thread. Being racist is wrong, yes. It's ****ing hard to be white and not be racist, because that's how white people are raised. That's what white people are taught. But learning about these biases, acknowledging how they affect you, and making a sincere effort to better yourself is how you can be a part of the solution. For whites, being racist isn't really their fault, but continuing to be racist or living in denial while doing so, that is their fault.

Make an effort to be more thoughtful about you say regarding other races, especially black people. Just because you can't see the racism in it, doesn't mean it's not there. In fact, try to make it really hard for anything you say to be interpreted as racist. Don't do what Slowwhand does. I don't think he's a bad person, but man....
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

But you are calling people racist and throwing around insults... fact.
                          What are the other insults I was throwing around that that post was referring to?
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The BLM movement had a few protesters say some aggressive statements in response to having their people being killed frequently by police with no justice. The KKK doesn't need to be provoked to make vile hateful statements and doesn't chant anything else. Your response only further demonstrates that the comparison was driven by viewing a black movement as innately hateful. Why not instead choose a legitimate hate group that gets national coverage? How about the Westboro Baptists, the Alt-right, Gamergate, Twitter trolls? That BLM came first to mind is a serious problem and should prompt some serious self-reflection.
                            You didn't mention Nazis. I suppose that's telling about you?

You're grasping at straws ...

Comment

• Has everyone forgot the first rule of debating on Apolyton... if BK is on your side, you are on the wrong side.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

No, I'm simply pointing out inherent racist biases that are quite noticeable in this thread. Being racist is wrong, yes. It's ****ing hard to be white and not be racist, because that's how white people are raised. That's what white people are taught. But learning about these biases, acknowledging how they affect you, and making a sincere effort to better yourself is how you can be a part of the solution. For whites, being racist isn't really their fault, but continuing to be racist or living in denial while doing so, that is their fault.

Make an effort to be more thoughtful about you say regarding other races, especially black people. Just because you can't see the racism in it, doesn't mean it's not there. In fact, try to make it really hard for anything you say to be interpreted as racist. Don't do what Slowwhand does. I don't think he's a bad person, but man....
                                Having children I have to agree that it takes a lot of effort to try not to ever show any of it in front of them. Yes, all whites have some inherent bias, but i don't think that warrents being called racist.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X