No announcement yet.

KKK announces victory parade in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLDR - But can we all agree that Trump is definitely building a White Supremacist friendly staff: Bannon, Sessions, and Flynn?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      That's not what he said. He said

You need to document a larger body of work before anyone will agree with you that he's racist.

What you believe is your own right.
      WTF? Have you all been arguing with Ben so much that you don't know any other way to argue yourselves? The stuff you are quoting has nothing to do with what I've been talking about. I honestly do not know how to explain this in simpler terms.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Gee... everybody else sees it as a discussion on freedom of speech with NOBODY saying they support the KKK... but you have posted.

It sounds like you are the one being the insulting bigot... Not anybody else in this thread.
        Really? You get it when I say it. But when GT does the exact same thing, it's ok?

"BLM Matter gets the right to protest or celebrate whenever they way, the KKK has similar rights, as rah said as terrible as it is."

I guess Trump's win has officially put us all in bizzaro world.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Gee... anything anybody says could probably be considered insulting by somebody. DaShi attempts to prove his point by doing the same thing with "pedophiles, christians" and "you or serial rapists"... but instead of just trying to make his point, he's going for the direct insults by making it personal and finishing up with the racist accusation.

To me, he seems to be more insulting here then his simple perception of what GT said. One could argue that they were "insulted" by throwing the two sides in the same comparison, but that's simple opinion, which I guess is not shared by all. But to claim all who don't agree to his position must be racists is simply over the edge.

I've seen many people make the freedom of speech argument using a good group and bad group to make their point... I don't automatically assume that the person making the argument supports the bad group.
          WTF? If you didn't find what GT said offensive and did find what I said offensive, then you might just be a racist!

This isn't about difference of opinion. This is about the difference between overt and covert racism. Covert racism is often unintentional because it is so deeply ingrained in white thought. However, that does not absolve them of guilt, because the information and education about is freely available. The fact is, you are likely far more racist than you even realize. The best way to resolve this is to get educated and think about what you say and do in regards to other races. Also, when someone calls you a racist because you accidentally said or did something racist, don't cry foul about it. It's much worse to be subjected to any type of racism than to be called a racist, and no one wants to hear your whining about it.
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes it is about difference of opinion. And your response is to just claim anybody that doesn't agree with you is a racist or to get educated. It must be nice to always be right.
            Well you aren't. The world doesn't revolve around you. And you are the one here whining and calling other people names simply because they don't agree with you.

If you want to see racism everywhere, I guess that's your right... but it doesn't make you right... There is tons of real racism out there. I am more concerned about that than your perceived slights.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
              TLDR - But can we all agree that Trump is definitely building a White Supremacist friendly staff: Bannon, Sessions, and Flynn?
              Yes. I also think many American's have a different view of how to evaluate and react to racism than most Europeans and Canadians.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Edit - nevermind, I'm not really that interested.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The stuff you are quoting has nothing to do with what I've been talking about. I honestly do not know how to explain this in simpler terms.
                  Then post some other quotes of his that you think show your point and we can discuss them.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Then post some other quotes of his that you think show your point and we can discuss them.
                    I just did. I can't help it if you willingly refuse to see the truth that is right in front of you.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes it is about difference of opinion. And your response is to just claim anybody that doesn't agree with you is a racist or to get educated. It must be nice to always be right.
                      Well you aren't. The world doesn't revolve around you. And you are the one here whining and calling other people names simply because they don't agree with you.

If you want to see racism everywhere, I guess that's your right... but it doesn't make you right... There is tons of real racism out there. I am more concerned about that than your perceived slights.
                      Again, I am not talking about opinions here. I am talking about facts. I am talking about a system of racism that so pervades the white mindset that they can't even imagine a world without it. They can't see it because racism is their normal. Sure some whites stand up to overt racism and then pat themselves on the back and state how righteous they are. Meanwhile they allow millions of acts of covert racism go by unacknowledged and scream "I'm a victim" whenever someone calls them out on it.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Again, I am not talking about opinions here. I am talking about facts.
                        What "FACTS"... all simply opinions. I guess many people disagree with you on this.
                        You are welcome to your opinion, just as everybody else is welcome to theirs.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

So your opinion is that there isn't systematic racism in America?

Yes, white people disagree with me, because they don't experience it on a daily basis. They think, "well, I don't see it see it, so it doesn't exist." Willful ignorance.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is what it is like talking to you:

Here's the thing that all the "angry Black people know", and no "calmly debating White people" want to admit: The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings.

This is why no one cares about white tears.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              So your opinion is that there isn't systematic racism in America?
                              No... Please state where I said that... I didn't.

Yes, white people disagree with me, because they don't experience it on a daily basis. They think, "well, I don't see it see it, so it doesn't exist." Willful ignorance.
                              Yep... I can't even to begin to understand what it's like to be black, and I don't experience it on a daily basis.
                              But, that doesn't mean that you are always right about "perceived racism"... Again, simply an opinion, and not willful ignorance.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

No... Please state where I said that... I didn't.
                                That's the fact that I am talking about.

Yep... I can't even to begin to understand what it's like to be black, and I don't experience it on a daily basis.
                                But, that doesn't mean that you are always right about "perceived racism"... Again, simply an opinion, and not willful ignorance.
                                Read that article. Get woke.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X