No announcement yet.

KKK announces victory parade in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a room full of well fed people and one starving one, and that person asks for some food because their life matters, if your immediate response is 'ALL our lives matter!' (while continuing to eat all the food and not give any to them) then you're a **** quite frankly.
    Oh. Then why, for example are Asians outperforming everyone else? The uncomfortable truth is that it's not really about the color of your skin. You see wider variations within groups than you see between groups.

Is someone poor and white because of the color of their skin? Or is it because they are a meth addict? People make choices, good and bad. You make more good choices you are more likely to do better in your life, black, white, blue, brown or yellow.

Black people are grossly over-represented in police stops, searches and unjustified killings, so when they campaign for some protection they're doing it because it feels to them like many white people don't think their lives have any real worth.
    Black people are also more likely to be involved in crime.

It's a cry for people to wake up and realize that real human lives are being lost in a system where the colour of your skin can decide whether you get to live or die each day.
    Well, the problem with BLM is that most black homicides happen within the black community. If you're sincerely wanting to do more for black people and to save the lives of black people, shouldn't you support greater police protection against those who are killing other black people? The cops aren't the problem. The minority of black people who choose to live a life of crime and prey on law-abiding black people are the real problem.

So yes, if your only response to BLM is a smug, self satisfied 'All lives matter' then you're either a moron or a racist. In your case, obviously those options are not mutually exclusive.
    How is one racist to state that all lives matter? You might believe someone is racist for stating that life is valuable irrespective of the color of one's skin - but the dictionary says otherwise.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      Having children I have to agree that it takes a lot of effort to try not to ever show any of it in front of them. Yes, all whites have some inherent bias, but i don't think that warrants being called racist.
      You know what, I'll take it. It's a small step, but one in the right direction.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• My father in law was quite racist and since he worked for the city, he kept it private. But at his house he was blatant. Seeing the impact on his two sons showed me that it's passed down and won't stop until everyone makes an effort. It will take time.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Nixon's war on drugs targeted two political opponents, hippies and blacks. The hippies faded away or moved on leaving the blacks as the #1 target of the drug war. How many blacks would be in cages if drugs were legal? I dont think you fully grasp all the pathologies resulting from drug prohibition, but the inner city has long been ground zero for a decades long war which you support.

Well, the problem with BLM is that most black homicides happen within the black community. If you're sincerely wanting to do more for black people and to save the lives of black people, shouldn't you support greater police protection against those who are killing other black people? The cops aren't the problem.
          Greater police protection (drug war) led to greater incarceration rates and more black market violence. What were black on black crime rates before the war on drugs? If the cops are unfairly rousting white folk, should (white) folk just keep quiet because white people kill each other? Your illogical complaint also assumes BLM does nothing but oppose police brutality, I'm sure they're not exactly supporters of the drug war and would probably like to limit access to guns among other remedies.

Comment

• What were black on black crime rates before the war on drugs?
            I would argue a bigger factor is fatherlessness. Illegitimacy rates have skyrocketed since the LBJ era.

I don't see BLM saying anything about the black on black homicides. If you can show me otherwise, I'd gladly hear it.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I can't wait until Kidicious is unbanned you guise.

Hopefully just another day or two.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I would argue a bigger factor is fatherlessness. Illegitimacy rates have skyrocketed since the LBJ era.
                so then are we agreed black on black crime was lower before the war on drugs?

many of those fathers are sitting in cages or cemeteries because of the drug war and we can chart the spikes in crime with anti-crime legislation... Homicide rates under Reagan-Bush-Clinton doubled reaching levels not seen since the war on booze and that was 4 decades before LBJ

Comment

Oh. Then why, for example are Asians outperforming everyone else? The uncomfortable truth is that it's not really about the color of your skin. You see wider variations within groups than you see between groups.
                  Asians suffer plenty of racism of their own, but the historical chain of discrimination is very different. Of course achievement isn't about the colour of skin, its about the opportunities people have to use their potential.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Is someone poor and white because of the color of their skin? Or is it because they are a meth addict? People make choices, good and bad. You make more good choices you are more likely to do better in your life, black, white, blue, brown or yellow.
                  You are half right, it is about choices but the important thing is having the opportunity for those choices to be open to you and the education to understand what the choices actually are and what they mean. Societally both those things have been denied to blacks, and continue to be in many cases.

Why do you think that might be? Let's try following the logic through to its conclusion.

Well, the problem with BLM is that most black homicides happen within the black community. If you're sincerely wanting to do more for black people and to save the lives of black people, shouldn't you support greater police protection against those who are killing other black people? The cops aren't the problem. The minority of black people who choose to live a life of crime and prey on law-abiding black people are the real problem.
                  No, that approach is wildly simplistic and does little or nothing to help the situation, only worsen it. If 'add more cops' was a viable strategy, then the war on drugs would have been won decades ago. Blacks are over-represented in crime figures because black communities are over-represented in poverty figures. Unless you solve the latter, you won't ever solve the former, and just saying 'well you should make better choices, is a ridiculous response to a problem that costs thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

How is one racist to state that all lives matter? You might believe someone is racist for stating that life is valuable irrespective of the color of one's skin - but the dictionary says otherwise.
                  It's not racist to state all lives matter. If you had said it a couple of years ago before BLM came along, no-one would have raised an eyebrow. If you say it now in a context not relating to BLM or race it would also not raise any eyebrows (unless the person made the BLM association). What makes people who say it look either ignorant or racists is because they're trying to stop or neuter a perfectly justified campaign for justice and equality by undermining its name.

Answer me this, have you ever said 'All lives matter!' and then gone on to show any understanding of the BLM cause? No, you say 'All lives matter' because then you get to stop listening, in the ridiculous belief that you've somehow made their movement unnecessary.

Comment

• many of those fathers are sitting in cages or cemeteries because of the drug war and we can chart the spikes in crime with anti-crime legislation...
                    Nope. Sure, some are, but not 80 percent.

Comment

• Asians suffer plenty of racism of their own, but the historical chain of discrimination is very different. Of course achievement isn't about the colour of skin, its about the opportunities people have to use their potential.
                      Talk to an Asian sometime. They suffer the same quota penalty in higher education that white men do. You know, because otherwise there would be too many...

Why do you think that might be? Let's try following the logic through to its conclusion.
                      Because more black people choose to commit crimes? If they stopped killing and assaulting other black people down to the same ratio as white people do to each other, that would be an enormous improvement. You can blame society, but in the end, people make choices. Why should we give the criminal element in any race an excuse? There are plenty of black people that work hard and keep their noses clean.

You are half right, it is about choices but the important thing is having the opportunity for those choices to be open to you and the education to understand what the choices actually are and what they mean. Societally both those things have been denied to blacks, and continue to be in many cases.
                      Not since the 60s, meaning that any black person under 50 has never experienced any form of institutional discrimination against their participation in higher education. In fact, due to quotas, they have a lower bar to clear to get in. They don't have to work as hard, and they get more help when they are in school. As a teacher I mark everybody the same and I've had a few students argue it was unfair because their marks dropped. Well, their marks dropped because they were finally getting actual assessment of their abilities.

'add more cops' was a viable strategy, then the war on drugs would have been won decades ago
                      Again - most of the crime committed by black people directly hurts the black people that are following the law. Many then choose to lose hope that the system will protect them. I don't blame them for it either. How many times have you heard the media take their side? Even in Ferguson, we heard nothing about the shops that got destroyed and the minority business owners who lost much of what they had. Why is that? The result is that businesses are not going to come to Ferguson, and the place gets considerably poorer.

because black communities are over-represented in poverty
                      Most poor black people, like poor white people are not criminals. If, as you believe that poverty makes a person a criminal, why do we see this? We can't blame poverty for their situation when most people in their situation choose to make different choices in their lives.

If you had said it a couple of years ago before BLM came along, no-one would have raised an eyebrow
                      The statement hasn't changed, Kentonio. Killing a cop because you believe that you're black and "only black lives matter" is racist. Plain as day.

If someone said, "White lives matter", you'd call them racist.

Comment

• A new low....
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Yeah equating Asian College quotas to the 100's of years of black oppression. Mind boggling.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It also sounds like he is trying to justify giving black students poorer grades than white students, whilst other teachers gave equal grades.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• It also sounds like he is trying to justify giving black students poorer grades than white students, whilst other teachers gave equal grades.
                              I expected someone like you to say that. These particular students were white. Think jocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                My father in law was quite racist and since he worked for the city, he kept it private. But at his house he was blatant. Seeing the impact on his two sons showed me that it's passed down and won't stop until everyone makes an effort. It will take time.
                                Which is what I see as one of the big dangers of homeschooling.
                                Kids remain under this racist indoctrinating influence while they grow up and have no chance to experience for themselves the fallacies of the racist arguments of the father.
                                Whereas in public (or private) schools they may have a chance to experience non racist influences ... and maybe even meet decent members of the race that is the target of the fathers/parents racism
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X