Unofficial Apolyton Predicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
    Considering the "accuracy" of the polls, I'm not sure we would learn anything useful by comparing past head to head polling of Sanders vs. Trump.
    I would gamble that a differences in differences approach - comparing such a head to head vs the hillary head to head would be meaningful
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Finished in June, when Hillary had +2, Sanders had +10.

At Hillary's peak in March she had +11, Sanders had +17.

For the greatest difference, beginning of May, Trump was leading Hillary by 0.2, Sanders was ahead by 13 vs Trump.

Dec 15 looks like the last month she was polling better than Sanders vs Trump, he had about 6 months of better polling.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Meaningful, but only partially. National polls aren't as important as the demographic/geographic breakdown.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Two million extra votes in California wouldn't have made much difference
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Looks like the election may not be over yet:
            Hillary Clinton’s campaign is being urged by a number of top computer scientists to call for a recount of vote totals in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, according to a source with knowledge of the request.

Computer scientists have found a pattern that could indicate that electronic voting machines have been hacked/manipulated in order to give Trump an advantage.

In at least 3 states (Winsconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) they found that in counties that used electronic voting machines, Hillary Clinton got significantrly less votes than one could expect from the surrounding counties (that didn't use electronic voting machines)

They advise Clinton to demand a recount

That reminds me of Diebold and the Bush jr. elections
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• She already conceded, and in a week, the results will be certified, it's over, Proteus.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Also, I know you're not a native speaker, but it's significantly FEWER.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  She already conceded, and in a week, the results will be certified, it's over, Proteus.
                  That's the interesting question ...
                  does the concession still count, if (after the "losing candidate" conceded) you find indications for a major voting fraud that may significantly alter the results
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Pretty sure the concession is just a formality and has no legal significance. There's no mention of it in the Constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Also, I know you're not a native speaker, but it's significantly FEWER.
                      And both are completely understandable to any native English speaker, and both used interchangably by huge numbers of native English speakers. Since when did we pick foreign posters up on extremely minor grammar errors?

Comment

• It's ben. He's wrong so frequently he was trying to look right for once, but of course came off looking like a douche. It's almost a superpower.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X