No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approving appointments only requires the Senate.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• If it becomes clear the R's are losing the Senate and President, how quickly will they decide a lame duck president should be able to nominate a justice? Because Obama's nomination is far better than they could hope for from Hillary + D Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        If it becomes clear the R's are losing the Senate and President, how quickly will they decide a lame duck president should be able to nominate a justice?
        I've been wondering that as well... when do they bite the bullet and decide that current candidate is probably better for them then any Hillary will put up.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I've been wondering that as well... when do they bite the bullet and decide that current candidate is probably better for them then any Hillary will put up.
          If they do that, goodbye House and Senate.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Someone tell me about Steve Bannon, head of the Breitbart News website, and new Trump point man... Canadian pundits seem to think he's a racist conspiracy theorist.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              If they do that, goodbye House and Senate.
              Probably gone already... time to limit the losses.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                Someone tell me about Steve Bannon, head of the Breitbart News website, and new Trump point man... Canadian pundits seem to think he's a racist conspiracy theorist.
                It's pretty much more of the same for Trump. They still didn't get rid of the two guys who took bribes from former pro-Russian Ukrainian leader Yankoyvich.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Probably gone already... time to limit the losses.
                  That wouldn't limit losses. That would be doubling down. There's no point to it. If you're caving now, you'll destroy the party. What they will do is just let Hillary make the selection rather than take political heat for something that they have nothing to gain from. Of course, if the Pubbies get decimated they could do something out of spite, but that's going to get them 20 years in the wilderness.

If there was political gain to doing it, they'd have done it already.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Much as it pains me to say these words, I think Ben is right this time (but is still a dick, just in case he thought about using this in his sig ). They've spent 8 years calling Obama the Muslim anti-Christ, if they caved in now they'd get eviscerated by their rabid base.

Comment

• It would be very easy for them to say they took the lesser of two evils, preventing Hillary from nominating a gay abortion doctor or whoever they'd suppose she was going to nominate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        It would be very easy for them to say they took the lesser of two evils, preventing Hillary from nominating a gay abortion doctor or whoever they'd suppose she was going to nominate.
                        She would nominate Obama. It is known.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• While I would love an Obama nomination just to stick it to them for being so obnoxious. I figure they'll wait for the lame duck session and do it then. After the election they don't have anything to lose except an Obama nomination.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rah, it's over.

Kidicious simply tossed you aside like a salad in this thrade. His arguments are flawless, his grammar is superb, and his theories are indestructible. Since you will probably nevar poast on Apolyton again out of humiliation, I for one will miss you. And you know what I will say next...

Kidicious has just PWNed your ass.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Yes, even when he's been banned for a month he can pwn me.
                              I bow to your greatness.

It's too bad he can't thank you.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X