Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    Yes, even when he's been banned for a month he can pwn me.
    For the record: Kid was banned for a week. The ban was lifted a long time ago. While he has lurked since then, he has not posted.
    (probably because he was tired of getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis )
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what was he banned for?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        While I would love an Obama nomination just to stick it to them for being so obnoxious. I figure they'll wait for the lame duck session and do it then. After the election they don't have anything to lose except an Obama nomination.
        They'd lose their poor "no precedent" argument. If a judge dies in 2020 (or even 2024) they'd have even less of a basis to moan about waiting until after an election.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Good point, but that only matters if they actually hold the majority then.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The "principle" they are trying to stand by is pretty lame to begin with...
            If they are so stupid that they do nothing and let Hillary pick one that is far more to the left, then they are hurting their cause far more than if they simply back down now.
            And as far as "how will be it be perceived by their supporters"... the smart ones will agree with letting Obama's candidate through, and the nut job/crazies will moan like they usually do.

Either way, they are screwed.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Even though it's looks inevitable they'll wait till it's officially Hillary.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If Johnson gets to 15%, needed to get on stage, it's all over. If he gets on the stage with Trump he'll easily hit the threshold to get funding next cycle. The libertarians would run a real campaign (they would accept donations because most of their base are ex-GOPers who don't like the new party and still think they can make it go back--not true libertarians). It would give Hillary the Whitehouse in 2020 and 2024 would be too late for reasons I've said. GOP would stay afloat for a long time, for reasons I've said earlier in the thread, but won't be about to do anything without the Presidency and would be stuck stalling/spazzing out until something happens (I'd guess that something is minorities growing too powerful for movement liberals to control but I could be wrong).
                “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Both Johnson and Stein are now in the low double digits but the would need big pushes to get to verify 15 points in three consecutive polls which is the very high bar to enter the debates. That bar needs to be lowered because it is one of the many ways the two parties lock out competition from 3rd parties.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Both Johnson and Stein are now in the low double digits but the would need big pushes to get to verify 15 points in three consecutive polls which is the very high bar to enter the debates. That bar needs to be lowered because it is one of the many ways the two parties lock out competition from 3rd parties.
                    Johnson is around 7-9% (enough to mess things up badly for the GOP and it looks as if he has stabilized around that number). Stein has fallen to 1-3% depending on the poll.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• No one is talking to you.

Comment

• Who was that directed at?

Comment

• Fez.

Comment

• Oh, I thought no-one was talking to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              Oh, I thought no-one was talking to him.
                              Lol.

Dinner is Fez. So he must be talking to himself again.

But how do you talk on an internet forum? I think the word he is looking for is replying/posting.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You are Oerdin? Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X