Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    Duckworth had some issues where taxpayers payed for some of her legal defense that has tempered the enthusiasm for her.
    And Kirk was the first to challenge his fellow repugs to give Obama's SC nominee a vote. He was one of the first to denounce the Dumpster.
    If Duckworth wasn't a vet missing both legs, it probably wouldn't even be close.
    The vet in Missouri seems to be doing far better against the Republican there. That republican is one that is supporting Trump (well at least he used to).

My biggest concern in this race is capturing the Senate and of course holding the White House. The House... The democrats need to aim to shrink the Republican majority as much as possible.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Since Hillary is pretty much a lock, I'm hoping the repugs hold the senate but just barely. I think that will be a better combination.
      But just my opinion. And I'm a bit biased.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since Hillary is pretty much a lock, I'm hoping the repugs hold the senate but just barely. I think that will be a better combination.
        But just my opinion. And I'm a bit biased.
        Naaaa I want the dems to take it. The repugs will most likely keep the House, barring some absolutely racist outburst by Trump.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Our government was set up to make it hard to get things done. A dem pres, a split senate and a repug house would reinforce that.
          Government rarely does smart things. Usually better when it doesn't do anything. (but the most important things which eventually get done)

Yes, a sad commentary on our Government.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Our government was set up to make it hard to get things done. A dem pres, a split senate and a repug house would reinforce that.
            Government rarely does smart things. Usually better when it doesn't do anything. (but the most important things which eventually get done)

Yes, a sad commentary on our Government.
            I will take that over Trump. He would make the White House into a 1980s design disaster. Think big statues, brass chandeliers and ugly pictures of him in every room.

Comment

• I don't see many scenarios that Trump even comes close so I don't think you have to worry.
              Originally I figured he had that wild card factor that you couldn't predict. But he's now quite predictable.
              And not in a good way.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't see many scenarios that Trump even comes close so I don't think you have to worry.
                Originally I figured he had that wild card factor that you couldn't predict. But he's now quite predictable.
                And not in a good way.
                I hope he does a TV channel. He is hilariously bad.

Comment

• It is happening... Hillary is closing in on Trump in Texas.

Trump leads 50-44%... Just 6%. Which represents a narrowing. Yes it is a poll done by democrat leaning pollster PPP and the Trump supporters will simply dismiss it. But PPP more than often gets things right.

What is scary for republicans is they don't know the impact the surge of registrations among minorities in Texas means. Could this be what happened to California two to three decades ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                    How are those things "Republican?" Democrats talk about good-paying jobs, working families, etc. regularly. That this is "Republican" is the opinion of the columnist.

It's no shock that in deeply conservative states (KY went for Romney by about 30+ pts over Obama), the Democratic candidates are going to toe a much more moderate line than they will in, say, Vermont. That doesn't undermine Democratic policies.
                    I wouldn't say more moderate, a lot of Dems in those red states are basically conservatives. They certainly do on occasion undermine Democratic policy, as we saw very clearly when they played a role in shooting down the public option after Obama got elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      Yes it is a poll done by democrat leaning pollster PPP and the Trump supporters will simply dismiss it. But PPP more than often gets things right.
                      Except they actually skew slightly towards the Republicans not the Democrats.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Comment

• PPP is done by a democrat think tank/polling agency.

Comment

• Will Extreme Vetting be a way of making Homeland Security seem more fun - officers will check backgrounds while they skydive, hanglide or cliffjump?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                            PPP is done by a democrat think tank/polling agency.
                            Gosh, you mean I'm NOT on ignore after all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              Will Extreme Vetting be a way of making Homeland Security seem more fun - officers will check backgrounds while they skydive, hanglide or cliffjump?
                              Skydiving like Daddy Bush used to do...

Comment

• Hillary has increased her lead to 9% in Florida as I kinda expected. 9% in either a two way or four way race.

Comment

Working...
                                X