No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just (stupidly) trying to bang my linguistics TA. But I obviously can't do anything overt or explicit during the semester (that would be unethical), so in the mean time I'm trying to build a rapport. So far this has involved me asking her questions (via email) that are tangentially related to what we're discussing in class but are in actuality well outside the scope of an intro level course. The result so far is that she wants to meet so that we can chat about the questions I asked.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• No really, I'm a very cunning linguist.......
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I'm just (stupidly) trying to bang my linguistics TA. But I obviously can't do anything overt or explicit during the semester (that would be unethical), so in the mean time I'm trying to build a rapport. So far this has involved me asking her questions (via email) that are tangentially related to what we're discussing in class but are in actuality well outside the scope of an intro level course. The result so far is that she wants to meet so that we can chat about the questions I asked.
        In her office? At a coffee shop? Bar?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• In her office. Anywhere else would be unethical.

There's no reason to believe she's acting in any capacity other than my TA at this point. Her initial response to my questions was (paraphrased), "That's an open area of research. You should take class X next fall, which I'm TAing. I can't answer your questions right now, but let me think about them and maybe I can recommend some books." Then today, before class began, she told me I should come by her office on Monday so we could chat about what I had asked her.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think this will work
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

• Today was the very special global warming lecture in my astronomy class. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, the professor was very clear in his stance that global warming is happening and that it's man-made, but on the other hand he framed the lecture as a discussion about the truth of global warming. And we also discussed what could be done to curb global warming, which strikes me as utterly out of place in an astronomy class
                They are spouting that crap? My astronomy professors were all unequivocally against it. I had an assignment to calculate variations in solar flux.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Seems like a pretty efficient and fair way to go about it to me
                  Exempting one class of energy is hardly fair. Would you agree to an across the board increase for all power, renewable or no?

If not, why not?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ah, so you're talking to the lady in a structured and therefore non-threatening situation. That's entirely sensible. When you talk about "plans" and "phases," it makes me picture something from a bad sitcom, perhaps involving what they call "zaniness" or "madcap shenanigans." Both of which would be entirely uncharacteristic, but the words sounded ominous and maybe your prostate had gotten bored from inactivity and garroted your brain. Not the case, good. I endorse this plan.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Not that I really suspected any such thing. But the idea of a "plan" in this context raises vague fears in me. Fears that the person involved is either into misogynistic rubbish, or else considering the rental of a bear outfit and the hiring of two struggling actors. The latter being more likely in your case, but still unlikely. I guess it's just a scary, scary word.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• i agree with elok
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• A plan is ok, a scheme or plot on the other hand would just be wrong ...

Comment

• wat about a mission?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• My plans in and of themselves are mostly harmless. They're just a way to force myself to act like a normal human being. The zany part is the detailed conversation flowchart I've developed for ensuring the plan proceeds apace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                wat about a mission?
                                Do you mean mission like Operation: Bed the TA ... or more like converting the natives?

Comment

Working...
                                X