X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, that student isn't wrong, necessarily
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Correct answer: "You. You are churning out CO2 with every breath. Kill yourself now, it's the only solution."
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Correct answer: "You. You are churning out CO2 with every breath. Kill yourself now, it's the only solution."
          We're actually carbon reservoirs. We only exhale some of the carbon we consume, and our carbon comes from our food, which ultimately gets its carbon from the air.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• So, can I claim my baby as a carbon offset or something on my taxes?
            1011 1100

Comment

• Why is the select file button in the insert image from computer dialog box unresponsive?

Comment

So, can I claim my baby as a carbon offset or something on my taxes?
                If I thank more than one of your posts in a single day, it'll look like I'm showing you favoritism.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So, can I claim my baby as a carbon offset or something on my taxes?
                  Yes, but when s/he dies there'll be emissions to be paid for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                    Yes, but when s/he dies there'll be emissions to be paid for.
                    I am already paying for that kid's emissions. Do you have ANY idea what diapers cost these days?
                    1011 1100

Comment

• I pay about 20c per nappy. Cheap at twice the price.

Speaking of which, I heard a guy on the radio a few years ago who reckoned that if the top 200 (global) points of extraction of fossil fuel were monitored and taxed we'd be covering over 90% of global fossil fuel emissions. Seems like a pretty efficient and fair way to go about it to me - no favouritism or winner picking, if you emit (directly or indirectly) you pay.

Comment

• Re:

But you should take this high power signal jammer seriously,for it should be used carefully,more specification on Jammerinthebox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          Today was the very special global warming lecture in my astronomy class. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, the professor was very clear in his stance that global warming is happening and that it's man-made, but on the other hand he framed the lecture as a discussion about the truth of global warming. And we also discussed what could be done to curb global warming, which strikes me as utterly out of place in an astronomy class (despite me being confident in the scientific consensus and the idea that we're pretty much all ****ed).
                          Did anyone ask the Professor what would happen if we increased the albedo of the earth?
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Weirdly, the professor mentioned the Earth's "reflectivity" several times but never used the word albedo.

Weirdly, chrome knows neither of those words.

Comment

• So, he did not agree that the solution was to start painting everything white?
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I'm sorry but black is far more effective colour against heat.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X