America Losing Its Global Dominance In Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    I've done a mixture of Spaghetti O's and Ramen Noodles before. Not really pleasant.
    The thing is, its not so much about being "near death" or anything. Its really about how it muddles cognition and you lack energy to do a lot of pretty normal things. It also is psychologically a mind **** thinking that you will never get out of this situation because how can you?

I really don't expect a lot of people, especially the mini-horatio algers here to understand but depression and hunger absolutely impair ability and talent. When I was in that situation I didnt want a hand out so I could drink malt liquor and play Civ II, I wanted a helping hand that would alleviate the boredom with life and the crap situation I was in even just a little bit.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• But you still wanted to drink malt liquor and play Civ II, right?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        But you still wanted to drink malt liquor and play Civ II, right?
        To this very day
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• And thats the real problem with decision based moralizing. My wants and actions havent really changed - in a loud mouth chatty hedonist with a chip on his shoulder. My wife is like 80% responsible for my life being awesome and 20% is me not doing enough to **** it up

Comment

• Worst hunger I've had was boot camp.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Would food insecure insecure cover both those who inflate the numbers of food insecure because they are afraid the numbers aren't high enough, and those who are afraid to address the numbers who actually are food insecure because they are too high?

Comment

• HC, eat this and only for 6 days straight - One box of stag chili, one cup of rice, shredded jack cheese, tapatio hot sauce to taste. I lived in a house with 4 other guys because it was 300 dollars a month in rent but the ability to cook and have food not go rancid in the fridge made my diet like regexcellents but worse. I was lethargic, not always "with it", and always hungry. I had student loans that ate up a lot of my minimum wage income.

On the 7th day you can go get a burger or a burrito for 5 bucks because you earned it dude.
                Try potatoes for a month with hotdogs. This is my usual diet with the Sundays being a whataburger. Except add veggies as the rice replacement. Works ok for me, but then I'm also not a big guy.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• HC, eat this and only for 6 days straight - One box of stag chili, one cup of rice, shredded jack cheese, tapatio hot sauce to taste. I lived in a house with 4 other guys because it was 300 dollars a month in rent but the ability to cook and have food not go rancid in the fridge made my diet like regexcellents but worse. I was lethargic, not always "with it", and always hungry. I had student loans that ate up a lot of my minimum wage income.

On the 7th day you can go get a burger or a burrito for 5 bucks because you earned it dude.
                  Try potatoes for a month with hotdogs. This is my usual diet with the Sundays being a whataburger. Except add veggies as the rice replacement. Works ok for me, but then I'm also not a big guy.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    The US has only been the sole superpower for ~20 years. In time we may no longer be uncontested for global influence, but it's going to be a long ****ing time before we're contested for wealth.
                    Oops, not so long then..

China overtakes US to be biggest economy by 2024

A surge in Chinese consumer spending will help the country overtake America to become the world's biggest economy by 2024, according to a new report.

The US, which has held the crown as the world's economic powerhouse for more than a century, is expected to slip behind China in the global rankings amid a three-fold rise in consumer spending to $10.5 trillion (£6.5 trillion) over the next ten years, from $3.5 trillion today.
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...y-by-2024.html

Comment

• Who are IHS? Indian Health Service? Irish Homeless Shelters? Immortal Homo Sapiens?
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Indiginous Hippy Swingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Japan was supposed to do that 15 years ago. I'll believe it when I see it. The second, and larger, issue with that is if China's GDP is as large as ours, it'll still be only 1/4th as wealthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Hey, at least I think women are people.
                            True. But hunger-denial is probably worse than being a misogynist.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Japan was supposed to do that 15 years ago. I'll believe it when I see it.
                              They've apparently already overtaken you on GDP (PPP).

Comment

• But GDP in this case is an illusion; it reflects money being shifted around, nothing more. Local bosses get promoted by using big projects to artificially inflate GDP figures.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X