America Losing Its Global Dominance In Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Bill Clinton and Carter were left of center moderates.
    The same Bill Clinton who used the bombing of a factory in Sudan as a distraction from his domestic political problems ? What a strange definition you must have of the word 'liberal'.

And don't get me started on the Peanut- he may have become a born again liberal, but didn't act that way in office. Of course, I forget- by your standards and those of some USAers they may be seen as centrists or liberals, but it's not a general definition of those two ex-Presidents by people not conditioned by your country's politics.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      I love how kentonio thinks kidicious was anything other than a giant misogynistic ******...
      Oh look, possibly my first spotting of Silly The Kid's use of '******' in the New Year. Gosh, what an unexpected bonus. Good to see he's still working on refining that impersonation of an under-educated, over-stimulated, lexically stunted Valley Girl.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        (Some of those are actually legit. If you consider typing 50k words a day for $100 "legit" that is. Speaking of which, anyone want to write some strategy articles for Apolyton?)
        Sure, if you're going to branch out into supporting Paradox games too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Do you really think food falls below travel in priority? Or anything, for that matter?
          Says the person who presumably has never had to skip a meal.

Yes, Joanna, food insecurity does exist, and working people (even some of those elusive working class people you may have heard about in scary horror stories) do sometimes not have the moolah to cover breakfast, lunch and dindins. Parents make sacrifices for their children, and to keep jobs. Something you might actually learn about if you knew any working class people.

Comment

• Time for branching out was ages ago, but better late than never.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              The same Bill Clinton who used the bombing of a factory in Sudan as a distraction from his domestic political problems ? What a strange definition you must have of the word 'liberal'.

And don't get me started on the Peanut- he may have become a born again liberal, but didn't act that way in office. Of course, I forget- by your standards and those of some USAers they may be seen as centrists or liberals, but it's not a general definition of those two ex-Presidents by people not conditioned by your country's politics.
              You see, that's part of your problem. Throwing "No True Scotsman" at any lefty who does something uncomfortable.

Admit it. "Good" is part of your definition of Liberal and "Evil" is part of your definition of conservative.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                You see, that's part of your problem. Throwing "No True Scotsman" at any lefty who does something uncomfortable.

Admit it. "Good" is part of your definition of Liberal and "Evil" is part of your definition of conservative.
                If I'm the person alleged to have this problem, then I deny it exists- I heartily recommend to you Richard M. Nixon's legislation on the environment- and the first Roosevelt's too. Hard to believe that secret bomber of Cambodia could be fan of clean air- but he was!

Any other strawmen knocking around to throw out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  Yes, if losing your job means you lose your home and ability to look after your family at all, then yes skipping meals or eating ****ty cheap processed foods is not at all uncommon. You'll often see parents going hungry so they can feed their kids too.
                  No, you will never see this. Dude, do you even have an estimate for how many people in the US can't afford food or at a minimum can't get access to free food via food stamps or food banks or whatnot? It's basically zero. That's the whole ****ing point of the "food insecurity" nonsense. If we had an actual hunger problem, it would just be "food lacking".
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Anyway, when you all are done imagining impoverished people that don't exist to justify a clearly ridiculous statistic (namely "food insecurity"), perhaps you could focus your attention on a country that is actually poor and has actual factual starving people, instead of peddling the expansion of a bloated welfare state in a country that you do not reside in.

Comment

• Learn how millions of people in the United States are coping with food insecurity.

And from their stats :

In 2012, 5.1 percent of all U.S. households (6.2 million households) accessed emergency food from a food pantry or soup kitchen one or more times. [viii]
                      I'm sorry but suggesting that having to rely on soup kitchens means you aren't "hungry" is absurd.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• No, that kind of means you aren't hungry by definition, since you actually acquired food.

Comment

• It means you were so hungry and unable to pay for food that you have to rely on charitable donations, if you are relying on soup kitchens you aren't getting enough to eat. It also assumes that all these programs have enough food to dispense to everyone who needs it for their full daily calorific intake, they don't.

Grow up. Go and see some of the real world, meet some real people.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Even if you don't go to a soup kitchen, our excessive food stamp system ensures that you have enough food to feed your family if you don't spend it on drugs, tobacco, or alcohol.

Speaking of which, passing regular urinalysis should be mandatory for receiving food stamps.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              It means you were so hungry and unable to pay for food that you have to rely on charitable donations, if you are relying on soup kitchens you aren't getting enough to eat. It also assumes that all these programs have enough food to dispense to everyone who needs it for their full daily calorific intake, they don't.

Grow up. Go and see some of the real world, meet some real people.
                              Can you explain why many if not most of the patrons of soup kitchens are overweight, then? Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen in the US? (I have. also note, this is not just anecdotal. Look at the obesity statistics.)

Comment

• What about if you are a child whose parents spend all your food stamps on drugs?

You stupid *****.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X