No announcement yet.

America Losing Its Global Dominance In Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spread between PPP and nominal GDP is really just telling us that there is an enormous intrinsic value to living in a country that isn't as ****ty as china, which drives the prices of all goods up. Add to that the distortions and contortions created by the general badness of the PPP measure itself and it's pretty obvious China still sucks dick and will continue to suck dick for a while.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Maybe elok was referring to local governments developing real estate...

There is a lot of overinvestment in real estate. Every economy that has grown fast like China's has had a serious contraction. I don't think most economists predict one for china, but this WILL be corrected. What will Chinese invest in then?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Economists predict "correction" for China every year.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• That's because corrections always happen eventually.

Comment

• The spread between PPP and nominal GDP is really just telling us that there is an enormous intrinsic value to living in a country that isn't as ****ty as china, which drives the prices of all goods up. Add to that the distortions and contortions created by the general badness of the PPP measure itself and it's pretty obvious China still sucks dick and will continue to suck dick for a while.
            Basing a measure on prices in China when prices in China aren't subject to price discovery is going to introduce systematic error.

Also, their standard of living is basically cresting now. I'm not so certain that the nominal GDP of the US will ever be surpassed.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Japan also not growing. What will happen to the US then China when demographics catch up?
              Look at China's numbers again. China first.

It's also strange and weird to see someone else writing the same things I've said for years...
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Look at China's numbers again. China first.

It's also strange and weird to see someone else writing the same things I've said for years...
                No. Everything you say is BS.

Comment

• Well, if Lockheed's breakthrough regarding fusion technology holds up, maybe that will restore some "oomphf" to America's scientific prowess — which, I do believe, is still relatively high, despite seemingly determined efforts from some political and economic quarters to waylay and ambush.
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

• As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced High Power Signal Jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

Comment

• Where can I buy an excellent jammer? I want a peaceful condition

via Tapatalk

Comment

• Can anyone have a peaceful condition via Tapatalk?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I want a Tapatalk jammer

Comment

• No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• :wiglaf:
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• These UHF Signal Jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this UHF Signal Jammer jammerinthebox.com very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.
                                Last edited by KarmaHockins; October 28, 2014, 01:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X