Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backwoods Hillbilly Removed From Show About Backwoods Hillbillies For Being A Backwoods Hillbilly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy is right there are absolutely no constitutional duties here as the constitution only restricts what the government can do. Private companies can terminate employment at will for just about any reason they feel like except for a very short list of restricted things and none of this is one of them. All they have to do is say they don't like how what he said reflects on them as a company and that they no longer wish to employ him as their company representative. That's it, end game, unless he has some sort of special custom contract.

It's amazing how the religious right always wants to try to pretend they're the victim. It's retarded.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• How is his freedom of religion threatened here?
      The simple statement that one's employer could bar an employee from public expression of religion. Could an employer require an employee to stop going to mass? No? If not, why not?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• the conservative victim complex is out in full force with this one

HELP I"M BEING REPRESSED

****ing jerkoffs
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Sava
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yes, that's right, Sava Potter. If only we got rid of those damned conservatives you could have Savaville.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm so out of touch... I thought the show was about ducks, then I noticed it was really popular and that had me scratching my head... Wtf? Ducks? I learned maybe 2-3 weeks ago its another southern swamp dwellers reality show

a photo of Terry Bradshaw with hair

Comment

• Poor Phil Robertson, he's still a millionaire who's going to get more money and air time because of controversial statements and his marriage is still valid in all fifty states. Somebody help him, his freedom of speech is being oppressed.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Unless A&E and GQ give me a nationally televised/published soapbox to speak about my religious beliefs, my freedoms of speech and religion are being restricted!

Comment

• I wonder where this conversation would have gone if he had professed a belief in the blood libel of the Jews or that the holocaust was just Jewish propaganda?

He seemed to imply that all sin originated from homosexuality. I don't know of any Christian church that teaches that.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• /points to BK
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Don't tell his leader that. He could get perma-banned.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Maybe certain ones, but most of the black churches I know are very active in combating discrimination and fighting injustice. You know, like the Southern Christian Leadership Conference was in the 1960s.
                          There is a difference between recognizing hardship and challenges while acting against them and letting them rob the joy out of life while you do so. One of the the hallmarks of the civil rights movement was having a life to be proud of and find happiness in in spite of the times. To keep you head held high and live. When someone tells me of African American farm labor finding contentment and happiness in day to day life during the 60s, in large part based on Baptist Christian ideals and communities which were the heart of most black Southerners lives at that time which was Phil's observation (faith bringing happiness), my first reaction is not disgust at my assumption such people must have been down trodden shells of human beings under the yoke. Rather I take inspiration from people persevering and making a happy life after there fashion under such circumstances.

I personally don't believe in such drastic results of faith, but I also know probably wouldn't have born such circumstances as gracefully as the black persons in question. Who am I or you to tell them the should have been miserable instead of somewhat content in some manner under the same?
                          Last edited by Patroklos; December 20, 2013, 00:47.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Everybody's got opinions others find offensive, if firing or suspending people for theirs becomes routine our freedom of speech will suffer.

Comment

• Worry not, you can still use racist and classist names like "redneck" "white trash" and "hillbilly" with total immunity.

Poor people are worthy to either only pity or scorn depending on whether they obey and stay on message or not, but never respect.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                                Worry not, you can still use racist and classist names like "redneck" "white trash" and "hillbilly" with total immunity.

Poor people are worthy to either only pity or scorn depending on whether they obey and stay on message or not, but never respect.
                                Oh lord.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X