Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backwoods Hillbilly Removed From Show About Backwoods Hillbillies For Being A Backwoods Hillbilly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He seemed to imply that all sin originated from homosexuality. I don't know of any Christian church that teaches that.
    There's a big difference with 'seemed to imply' and what the man actually said. Did he say, "all sin originated with homosexuality?" No.

As for me - original sin comes from the sin of Adam. Sava himself has presumed this to mean sex is sinful and that the Church is wrong because it teaches that sex is sinful. Nope. That's not what Genesis teaches. Genesis teaches that the original sin was that of Pride, and that's what the serpent offers Eve. He offers her power and that's what she falls to.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I mean, the Holocaust? Pffft... that was sooooo long ago.
      Didn't you just compare the holocaust to Conservatives speaking their beliefs in public. Wow.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Idiots like you, stuck thinking in terms of tit-for-tat historical bull****, are the reason why ethnic strife and sectarian violence persist. The past can't be changed, but the future is still up for grabs.
        He's an atheist. Atheists never persecute Christians, don't you know?

Comment

• what about the racism?
          What about the racism? "I worked with black people picking cotton and they were happy folks working in the field". How is that a racist statement? It's a statement of fact. It's either true or not. Did he work with black folks? Yeah, I can see that. Did he state what he saw them doing when they were working? Also true.

It's illuminating that Sava ignores what he says about himself, "I'm white trash".

Comment

• If you are speaking of simply a freedom to say whatever you want, yes that can be "restricted" by those people using their own freedom to say whatever they want (and to freely associate with you). Though most people don't think that's a horrible thing in general.
            Could an employer require you to stop going to Mass? If not, why not? Freedom of religion is protected under the first, as is this man's right to speak out in public and share his religion. According to you, an employee could technically be fired for going to mass because you believe that the Catholic church is hateful and promotes bigotry.

Comment

• It does not protect us from other citizens taking action on their own, that results in suppression of our free speech. We are free to speak whatever we want, but there will always be consequences.
              Again, you're saying that an employer could bar an employee from attending mass because he believed that the Catholic church was the whore of Babylon? This has been established as religious discrimination long ago. The first amendment provides for freedom of religion and that includes the ability to speak one's mind about their religion.

The way you're interpreting this - any and all Christians could be fired from their job for quoting the bible in public. Do you not see how that's a breach of the first? Or maybe you don't care because it's the evil conservatives getting their ass beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Didn't you just compare the holocaust to Conservatives speaking their beliefs in public. Wow.
                If you capitalize "Conservatives" but not "the holocaust" then maybe you should repeat the third grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  What about the racism? "I worked with black people picking cotton and they were happy folks working in the field". How is that a racist statement? It's a statement of fact. It's either true or not. Did he work with black folks? Yeah, I can see that. Did he state what he saw them doing when they were working? Also true.

It's illuminating that Sava ignores what he says about himself, "I'm white trash".
                  The way people choose which facts to include and which to not include obviously matters. It is possible to look racist without saying anything that is technically untrue.

Comment

• I want to believe BK is a masterful trolling genius. But something tells me he's just like this.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• The way people choose which facts to include and which to not include obviously matters. It is possible to look racist without saying anything that is technically untrue.
                        He also observed that they were strong Christians and Baptists to boot. How is this racist to say that black people were happy back then and not perpetually aggrieved? He's actually arguing the opposite of racism - that 'white trash' and black folks gotta stick together. Shouldn't you be affirming this statement of racial equality and togetherness? How is this different from Dr. King arguing 'we're all in the same boat together', or King when he states, "If you're a streetsweeper, be the best streetsweeper you can be." Find joy and meaning in your life and your work, regardless of the task.

This is just a witch hunt.

Comment

• No ****, selfbiased. They asked him and he answered honestly. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the damn question!

Comment

• But something tells me he's just like this.
                            Say what you will, but I've never stated that the world would be better off if you were dead. You, Sava Potter, said that. Is that a reflection of your character? Or is that just you spouting trolling bull**** you don't really believe.

I'll let Poly be the judge of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              Tell you what, Tex.

Find out what magazine or newspaper your boss likes to read.

Go stand out in front of that building, making all kinds of ruckus about something, anything, doesn't matter.

Say something clearly nuts, like homosexuality leads to bestiality, or all Muslims are terrorists and should be deported, or the government is listening to our thoughts via toaster ovens or something. The point is, be NUTS. Nuts enough that they interview you.

Make sure to state your employer's name/business clearly in the interview. Spell it for them. Give the address and phone number. Conclude the interview with a "Hail Satan!" or three.

Make sure a copy of that interview ends up on the top of your boss' desk, next to his morning coffee.

And then tell us how it goes with him.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Guy, you realize he lives in Texas? He'd probably get a promotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X