Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backwoods Hillbilly Removed From Show About Backwoods Hillbillies For Being A Backwoods Hillbilly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh look, apparently the creator of Duck Dynasty had once starred in an adult gay film.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• ...so now we know why he's so hostile to the Robertson's values.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Paul is not relevant to the OT
        One, yes, he is relevant to a 1st century understanding of the OT. Certainly far more relevant than any of your opinions or my opinions.

Two,

, but he didn't say Adam and Eve were mortal or immortal
        He said 'death entered the world through sin'. Prior to the Fall, Adam and Eve were not tainted by sin or by death.

God didn't do anything to them to make them mortal
        He said, "You will surely die". So yes, he did make them mortal.

he blocked there way to immortality. That means they were mortal and he prevented them from becoming immortal.
        If they were immortal through consuming the tree of life while they were in the garden, then they lost this immortality when God kicked them out of the Garden.

Adam and Eve are proper names appearing in Gen ch2. Adam in Gen 1:27 refers to "mankind".
        And, your point is? Genesis 2 talks about Adam, which literally means 'first man'. Again - why would Genesis care to talk about Adam and Eve unless they were the first man??

According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, its use in Genesis 1 is generic, while in Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 the generic and personal usages are mixed.
        So, the Hebrew uses the exact same word. Thank you. I rest my case.

In the Garden when God figured out Eve was pregnant or going to be soon.
        How about some actual biblical quotations?

The Garden story is not a continuation of the 6th Day. Time went by between the creation of Adam and Eve.
        Berz, just making BAM after BAM isn't going to fly. You have to actually answer the question.

He wasn't all that happy with the 6th Day people either, he sent the Flood to wipe them out.
        You have a very confused biblical chronology. You need to reread the whole damn book. Noah was a descendent of Adam, as was everyone who perished in the flood.

Dont you see a problem with the chronology? Thats why Adam has a different meaning in Gen 1 and why it became a proper name afterward.
        It would seem obvious to me that mankind and Adam were interchangeable when he was the first man. What problem with the Chronology? There's none whatsoever. Genesis 1 is an overview of creation. Genesis 2 goes into more detail on Adam and Eve.

You have a very strange view of the bible if you think everything is in 'chronological order', and that each book doesn't have themes.

There was no prior, Eve didn't have any kids yet
        Logic, man. Logic. God curses Eve by making childbirth painful. This means that childbirth, prior to the curse would have been painless.

God didn't physically change Eve to have pain during childbirth

thats just reality and is true for other critters.
        Are we even arguing the bible anymore or arguing what you think?

Eve didn't know about childbirth, God was letting her know what she got herself into.
        “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
        with painful labor you will give birth to children.
        Your desire will be for your husband,
        and he will rule over you.”
        Physical changes? He doesn't specify. "He will make" is the tense that she would not suffer these pains at present, but would suffer them in the future.

Again, you're completely ignoring Adam's curse. They are a pair. Eve was cursed and Adam was cursed.

What did God physically change about Adam and Eve to bring about Adam's curse?
        “Cursed is the ground because of you;
        through painful toil you will eat food from it
        all the days of your life.

It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
        and you will eat the plants of the field.

By the sweat of your brow
        you will eat your food
        until you return to the ground,
        since from it you were taken;
        for dust you are
        and to dust you will return.”
        Nothing changed with Adam physically. Having to harvest and plant and farm is hard work.

In Gen 2:5 God said - and this is before "the fall of Adam"
        Gen 3 happened after the fall.

Thats when he made Adam, to work the ground. The curse was eviction from the Garden where they had it easy, now they'd have to join the rest of humanity out in the real world.
        Where does the bible say this?

What the bible actually says is this:

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
        When did the 6th Day end?
        Before the events of Genesis 3, but not before the end of Genesis 2. The sixth day encompasses parts of Genesis 1 and part of Genesis 2. It's not written to be a strictly linear account. Again. Overview - followed by going in greater depth.

Histories like the way we understand them today weren't written like that back then. Theres no dates attached to anything. We don't even see the concept of such a history until much later.

Adam was 130 when they had Seth, so I figure one generation earlier would have made Adam ~100 when Cain and Abel were conceived.
        So IOW, the bible says nothing about it. Why speculate? Why couldn't he have been 20 and had Cain and Abel, and then didn't have Seth until he was 120, followed by 20,25 girls?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The original meaning of the creation story is lost. All we have is interpretations. That's an interesting interpretatiin Berz.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            I'm not quite sure how Phil broke his contract with A+E. They hired him because of who he is - and they are making money with him being who he is. They wanted a strong Christian father-figure who runs his louisiana clan. That's exactly what they got. If A+E wishes to breach their contract, that is their right, but they will have to pay penalties to the Robertsons.
            Good to see you know as little about media contracts as you do about everything else.

Comment

I don't get it. I remember when I first got to Texas, I was shocked. It's a kind and decent place. I loved it. Why is there so much hate directed at the South? There are so many amazing folks here.
              It's probably because so many racist, homophobic ****bags like yourself seem to gravitate to the place.

Comment

• I hate the East Coast. If one more person tells me Happy Holidays I'm punching them in the face.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  Who cares about fifty years ago? .
                  Jews ? Christians seem to care about what supposedly happened 2000 years ago. Sister Bendy gets all hot and bothered over the number of Roman Catholics allegedly killed by Henry VIII- that's almost 500 years ago.

And in any case, you dimwitted d!ckwad, the point is that it took the Roman Catholic Church UNTIL 1965 to correct (only in part) its obnoxious anti-semitic attitude.

Condemning people for things that happened decades ago is almost as retarded as heaping praise on the Chinese for centuries old accomplishments.
                  Wow, has there been a firesale on the word 'retarded' so that unimaginative North American right wing tosspots don't end up literally speechless ? Lucky for you if so, eh ?

are the reason why ethnic strife and sectarian violence persist.
                  Yeah, 'cos I'm all about the racial epithets me. The secular atheist who volunteers at a charity set up by African Christians.

The past can't be changed, but the future is still up for grabs.
                  That's so deep- is it Hallmark or Ann Coulter ?
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

He's an atheist. Atheists never persecute Christians, don't you know?
                    Are you suggesting I've persecuted Christians ? Or that I belong to an orgnisation of atheists which has ? Because if so, you're dimmer than a spent match.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

This is just a witch hunt.
                      Uttered by the right wing Christian without any sense of irony. Hilarious.

Comment

I wouldn't be hired and working here if Texas were a slave union state.
                        Or apparently if your school had higher academic standards- going by what you know or rather don't know about incredibly unobscure history. Still, it's only Texas.

Comment

Why is there so much hate directed at the South?
                          Ponders if Sister Bendy has heard of the American Civil War, the Ku Klux Klan, the struggle to achieve equal rights for Americans of African descent, the fact that Mississippi only voted to ratify the 13th Amendment in 1995, the existence of the Dixiecrats.... considers that if he had to be told Woodrow Wilson was a racist and couldn't find this out for himself, then probably not.
                          Last edited by molly bloom; December 21, 2013, 09:43.

Comment

I thought liberals were all about that not banning things you haven't seen.
                            You're getting them confused with Roman Catholics and the Vatican. Odd that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              Or do you think that they should continue to be punished for the crimes of their ancestors?
                              Who's suggesting innocent Germans should be punished ? Nobody.

He's Serbian. They are kinda into that whole killing Germans thingy.
                              Really stupid. But up to your usual level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                I hate the East Coast. If one more person tells me Happy Holidays I'm punching them in the face.
                                Are you still going to punch them in the face if they're Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas?

Comment

Working...
                                X