Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VW actually wants to unionize its American factory; Republicans freak out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reply != edit

Comment

Parrots have emotions other than 'aggrieved'.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

'Mercans are stooped.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Gosh, Americans acting against their own best interests? Whodathunkit..

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
            Unsurprisingly, 5 minutes of googling showed how much of a gross misrepresentation that is.
            Then google is wrong. I actually live in the area. In fact, I drove down to Chattanooga on Saturday and actually discussed what is going on with some of the actual employees over lunch. Exactly what I said is true...anything you are googling that is contrary to that would be interesting to see so that it will reveal sites with an agenda.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              It's Plato. He truly is always wrong.
              Wow...Oerdin the habitual liar saying I am always wrong! Thank you sir! VERY high praise coming from you.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Gosh, Americans acting against their own best interests? Whodathunkit..
                Unions are not always in the best interest of workers. Take a look at the Nissan plant in Smyrna...the one that has three times rejected the union because the union contract would offer Less benefits than they currently receive.

Unions do serve a very useful purpose in places, but they are not the worker's panacea.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  The feds will demand social security on the federal level, the rtw states will refuse, saying the employers are free to hire, fire and set any pay or other benefits they want, bam, a civil war.
                  Social security isn't an unfunded mandate, and the supreme court already ruled that the feds can't force the states to pay for too much in the Obamacare case. The states are already allowed to refuse to help pony up for a federal program, they just don't get some federal money.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Also states rights ain't a dog whistle. Sure, it's a useful policy position for those that wish to bring back Jim Crow, but that's a vanishingly small number of people, and the remainder simply think the feds are too powerful.

Dog whistle is generally what MrFun-esque liberals say when they want to turn an opponent's argument into a strawman. "I don't wanna talk about complicated, multifaceted issues like how powerful should the federal government be--so I'm just gonna say you're secretly a KKK member who wants to mass murder poor people".

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      It doesn't have to be about racism to be dog-whistle politics. "Pro Choice" is dog whistle politics as well.
                      Euphemism != Dog whistle
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Also states rights ain't a dog whistle. Sure, it's a useful policy position for those that wish to bring back Jim Crow, but that's a vanishingly small number of people, and the remainder simply think the feds are too powerful.

Dog whistle is generally what MrFun-esque liberals say when they want to turn an opponent's argument into a strawman. "I don't wanna talk about complicated, multifaceted issues like how powerful should the federal government be--so I'm just gonna say you're secretly a KKK member who wants to mass murder poor people".
                        You're right that it's an easy thing to throw out to stiffle an argument, but you're a fool if you really think that racism isn't still a huge issue for many, many people.

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't an issue, I said people aren't clamoring to bring back Jim Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            I didn't say it wasn't an issue, I said people aren't clamoring to bring back Jim Crow.
                            Yet there is still a massive tendency for white communities to cluster together.

Comment

Which has nothing to do with racism, and especially Jim Crow. Black people cluster together too, is that because of their racism.

When you figure out where rich black people live you will learn the true reasons for what you observe.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                                Which has nothing to do with racism, and especially Jim Crow.
                                It has a huge amount to do with racism. If you don't think white flight is a real phenomena fueled by racism, then you haven't been looking very hard.

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                                Black people cluster together too, is that because of their racism.
                                In a way yes it is. There is plenty of black on white racism too, largely as a result of the effects of slavery and the oppression that followed. If you treat a race as slaves and deny them basic human rights, then you can hardly be surprised when they start treating your race with fear and hate. All of which will then take many generations to cool.

It's only been 50 years since civil rights, and far less time since any real semblance of equality has come about. It would be an absolute miracle if the US wasn't still suffering from a climate of strained race relations. It would end quicker however if people stopped trying to claim it wasn't even a real problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X