Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama plans to return five percent of his salary to Treasury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, my internet diagnosis skills are amazing. Totally called it.

Originally posted by Aeson
    One of the diagnosis I've had from psychiatrists when I was younger was Aspergers, but I put it in the same pile with all the rest as something they pulled out of their ass. I don't think I fit the definition. [insert Aspie paradox joke]

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Doesn't Elok have that? I don't see how Aeson has any excuse for being pedantic and stupid.
      It's an excuse for being pedantic, but not an excuse for being stupid. I find Elok to be neither.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        What the hell happened to this site's archive? I tried to find the old thread about Aeson's condition and there's apparently no threads saved from between 2004 and 2012?

edit: Found it. Thanks, Google.

ps Your memory is apparently horrible, HC.
        Oh man now I remember that thread. A classic
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Now I REALLY want to read the thread this was referring to. But I can't find it.

Comment

• Geez, at least I have a legitimate disability!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Oh man now I remember that thread. A classic
              Yah, like the part where you were lost in the conversation, and incorrect in your statements. Classic HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Doesn't Elok have that? I don't see how Aeson has any excuse for being pedantic and stupid.
                I don't need an excuse. Being pedantic is code for "he pointed out where my statement was factually incorrect", and as such is something I'm quite proud to be labelled as by the sheep here. The stupid part is obviously not applicable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Geez, at least I have a legitimate disability!
                  Plus you're deaf ...

Comment

• Plus you're deaf ...
                    Yep. Tell me, do you find it difficult being an aspie to understand human emotions?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      http://www.counterglow.com/forum/arc...p/t-42629.html

Now I REALLY want to read the thread this was referring to. But I can't find it.
                      You're welcome.

Comment

Yep. Tell me, do you find it difficult being an aspie to understand human emotions?
                        I find it very difficult being an Aspie, as I am not one. As much as Drake tries to help out, it's hard to keep up the charade. As for understanding human emotions, it depends on the person and their emotion. I usually face challenges head-on, so it's hard for me to understand the cowardice of running away from a discussion or putting someone on ignore for instance. (I mean, I could understand running from something actually dangerous, like a real fight ... but an internet discussion? WTF?)

In other cases I do understand some of the failings of others. For instance, I myself was once bigoted against homosexuals. It's something I grew out of in my late teens. I can thus have some level of empathy for people like yourself which still exhibit such bigotry. I have hope, stemming from my own experience, that someday you can become a better person in that regard.

Comment

Geez, at least I have a legitimate disability!
                          Which one, the hearing problem or being mentally retarded?

Comment

• I find it somewhat ironic that in a thread discussing my unnecessary verbosity, gribbler has managed to make the same joke I did, only he used 3x as many words ... (this statement intentionally worded to get us back in the proper reality)

Comment

Where can I read up on the Philippines sex palace?

Comment

Man, my internet diagnosis skills are amazing.
                                You have certainly outdone yourself by matching the incorrect analysis of an incompetent psychologist.

Comment

Working...
                                X