Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama plans to return five percent of his salary to Treasury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    I dont know reg, you gotta be a pretty terrible person in some regard to be a highly paid lawyer.
    It's nice to be terrible.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• I think MichaeltheTerrible has a good ring to it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Congressmen already get paid ****ing nothing considering their (average) level of education and qualifications. Approximately half of the House of Representatives has a PhD, J.D., or M.D, along with something like 60 senators. Most could be making twice as much in the private sector. And remember, they have to own two houses, one of which is in an incredibly expensive area. At times they have to work essentially 24/7. If you have kids, there's no ****ing way you're sending them to DC public schools, so be prepared to pay out the ass for a DC private school.

The hours suck, the pay sucks, the constant commuting to and from your home state sucks, and to top it all off, Congress itself is almost as popular as the Taliban.

People complain about the revolving door in congress where congressmen leave and work as Washington lawyers or lobbyists. They complain about the overall quality of their representatives. Why is the first reaction, then, to cut pay, rather than increase it?
        Awww, they have it so ****ing rough. Ticket punch your way to a good committee assignment and put in a few years there - wait out the conflict year, and you have a lifetime 7 figure a year income out on the beltway if you want it. Or go into lobbying back in your home state. Congress is ****ing lucrative, and you have staff who does all the goddamned work for you. 90+% of Congressmen (both Reps and Senators) have no ****ing idea of the full contents of the bills they nominally originate, let alone vote on.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Congressmen already get paid ****ing nothing considering their (average) level of education and qualifications. Approximately half of the House of Representatives has a PhD, J.D., or M.D, along with something like 60 senators. Most could be making twice as much in the private sector. And remember, they have to own two houses, one of which is in an incredibly expensive area. At times they have to work essentially 24/7. If you have kids, there's no ****ing way you're sending them to DC public schools, so be prepared to pay out the ass for a DC private school.

The hours suck, the pay sucks, the constant commuting to and from your home state sucks, and to top it all off, Congress itself is almost as popular as the Taliban.

People complain about the revolving door in congress where congressmen leave and work as Washington lawyers or lobbyists. They complain about the overall quality of their representatives. Why is the first reaction, then, to cut pay, rather than increase it?
          Awww, they have it so ****ing rough. Ticket punch your way to a good committee assignment and put in a few years there - wait out the conflict year, and you have a lifetime 7 figure a year income out on the beltway if you want it. Or go into lobbying back in your home state. Congress is ****ing lucrative, and you have staff who does all the goddamned work for you. 90+% of Congressmen (both Reps and Senators) have no ****ing idea of the full contents of the bills they nominally originate, let alone vote on.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            No, I am not saying that stimulus accelerated depreciation is used during an expansion, but rather addressing the whole idea of accelerated depreciation such as MACRS.

Stimulus accelerated depreciation is a bonus. I'm not sure how it works though.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Aeson's a useless idiot. He has two modes of operation: Idiot pedant, and idiot godwin. I put him on ignore after he spent a page and a half arguing that my opinion about immigration isn't actually the opinion I have repeatedly stated, held, and defended and I actually just hate brown people. Kuci and I are also honestly sick of his schtick of pretending that the efficient market hypothesis applies to literally every economic force, e.g. "Well OBVIOUSLY it's good that people are starving--that's just the market having its way!".
              Would you put me on ignore if I said +1 to Aeson's comments on these two issues
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No, I'd just think you were an idiot.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Would it matter at all if I already thought of you as a colossal idiot?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                    Agreed. If it wasn't so lucrative, there wouldn't be so many people spending millions trying to join the club. When's the last time they had an election for congress and no one wanted to run?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Would it matter at all if I already thought of you as a colossal idiot?
                      Oh that's precious. I don't care what you think of me.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Considering you responded....

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                          It would be interesting to see all the rich (with income 400k + ) in America to contribute 5% of their income into tax coffers to help cover the debt.... they don't need it anyway. Lead by example.
                          Or just accept a 5% tax increase...?

*runs away from the obligatory fusillade of Republican bile and hatred!
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Aeson's a useless idiot. He has two modes of operation: Idiot pedant, and idiot godwin. I put him on ignore after he spent a page and a half arguing that my opinion about immigration isn't actually the opinion I have repeatedly stated, held, and defended and I actually just hate brown people. Kuci and I are also honestly sick of his schtick of pretending that the efficient market hypothesis applies to literally every economic force, e.g. "Well OBVIOUSLY it's good that people are starving--that's just the market having its way!".
                            I don't see what that actually has to do with the efficient market hypothesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Would it matter at all if I already thought of you as a colossal idiot?
                              HC, Kuci, and Jag are the three stooges. They suck up to their idol KH... who is a giant piece of human filth.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No, KH is fine (as is Jag)

Comment

Working...
                                X