Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama plans to return five percent of his salary to Treasury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    No, KH is fine (as is Jag)
    He was before he got into finance.

Jag isn't so bad. But it comes down to who your friends are.

(I'm mostly just teasing anyways)
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• When are you not?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        When are you not?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I just read that John Kerry was also going to contribute 5% of his 180k or so government salary to join in solidarity with other government workers. This just keeps getting more hilarious.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• HC, Kuci, and Jag are the three stooges. They suck up to their idol KH... who is a giant piece of human filth.
            I guess that makes me, d'Artagnan.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              I just read that John Kerry was also going to contribute 5% of his 180k or so government salary to join in solidarity with other government workers. This just keeps getting more hilarious.
              What's hilarious about it?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                I guess that makes me, d'Artagnan.
                I think "Shemp" would be more appropriate.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                  Awww, they have it so ****ing rough. Ticket punch your way to a good committee assignment and put in a few years there - wait out the conflict year, and you have a lifetime 7 figure a year income out on the beltway if you want it. Or go into lobbying back in your home state. Congress is ****ing lucrative, and you have staff who does all the goddamned work for you. 90+% of Congressmen (both Reps and Senators) have no ****ing idea of the full contents of the bills they nominally originate, let alone vote on.
                  Indeed. Those poor rich people.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    What's hilarious about it?
                    First, at 180k or so a year, I don't think most government workers can identify with him.
                    Two, the guy is wealthy to begin with. His sacrifice will have absolutely no impact on his life style at all.
                    The same can't be said for the rest of the government workers that are being told to make the sacrifice.

When all of congress joins the fun, I'll take it a bit more seriously.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

First, at 180k or so a year, I don't think most government workers can identify with him.
                      Two, the guy is wealthy to begin with. His sacrifice will have absolutely no impact on his life style at all.
                      The same can't be said for the rest of the government workers that are being told to make the sacrifice.

When all of congress joins the fun, I'll take it a bit more seriously.
                      You think Kerry and others should just give away one hundred percent of their salary then? Would you do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        You think Kerry and others should just give away one hundred percent of their salary then? Would you do that?
                        No, I just think they shouldn't be making a big deal about it. If they did it privately I would give them their due, but doing it publicly is just a cheap PR event.
                        If they really wanted to show solidarity with the lesser government employees, they could just SIMPLY contribute to the effort for a better budget so the workers wouldn't have to take a cut in the first place.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No, I just think they shouldn't be making a big deal about it. If they did it privately I would give them their due, but doing it publicly is just a cheap PR event.
                          If they really wanted to show solidarity with the lesser government employees, they could just SIMPLY contribute to the effort for a better budget so the workers wouldn't have to take a cut in the first place.
                          Obama could emulate the 1 percent he apparently despises and take home the 1 dollar salary. Then at least it would be a PR event with some meaning.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Stimulus accelerated depreciation is a bonus. I'm not sure how it works though.
                            It simply allows you to deduct a higher percentage of the cost in the first year. Currently the bonus is 50% or 100%. Any remaining depreciation would be handled under MACRS
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

edit: I was wrong.
                              Last edited by Kidlicious; April 5, 2013, 14:27.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think "Shemp" would be more appropriate.

BK: Though, I don't know if Kuci, HC, and Jag would let you in their little circle jerk.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X