No announcement yet.

British Polytubby needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GF says you need to get a better source than peerage.com, which is where she suspects you got the original reference from? She recommends you visit a proper library? She also wonders if you really are a historian?
    Yes, she's correct in this. The Peerage is one of my sources. The old Burke's didn't have the reference, and neither did my other sources, so hence my suspicion that the link was a giant steaming turd.

Now that I know that the link is a giant steaming turd, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'm not going to truncate information unless I have confirmation that the link is bogus. Now I do, so I can proceed.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That's a shame...I go to London frequently...and via Euston which is a 10 minute walk from the British Library. Ordinarily, yes, but with your recent displays here, I'll pass.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's a shame...I go to London frequently...and via Euston which is a 10 minute walk from the British Library. Ordinarily, yes, but with your recent displays here, I'll pass.
        Thanks anyway, Provost. Dauphin's been more than helpful.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          What makes you think I haven't already done so?
          Because you are Ben and Ben is stupid.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks anyway, Provost. Dauphin's been more than helpful.
            Yes, even Dauphin's GF who doesn't even know you has questioned your 'credentials' from this one little snippet from the Beniverse...

Outed by a total stranger!
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

which gay rights charity will you be donating to ben?
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Give Gays Rights.... and Lefts

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ben would rather rely on giant steaming turds than give to a gay rights charity...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

which gay rights charity will you be donating to ben?
                    GALA North. http://www.galanorth.com/

Comment

Yes, even Dauphin's GF who doesn't even know you has questioned your 'credentials' from this one little snippet from the Beniverse...
                      I can show you my degree. I matrculated by in 2007.

Comment

Because you are Ben and Ben is stupid.
                        Well, there's apparently two people, similar name, similar ages. Thanks to Dauphin it's been corrected.

Comment

I can show you my degree. I matrculated by in 2007.
                          I think that you should be quiet about that - I mean, "matrculated" doesn't express a high level of education.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Oh, lol. Looking up a statistic from the 60's makes you a historian?
                            Of course is does. One of my fellow master students is doing a historical research on Palestinian nation building in the 90s and 00s. That is history. Why then wouldn't research into the 60s be historical research? Just because it is contemporary history doesn't make it less history.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Btw Ben, I'm going to London to do some research later this autumn, probably in october/november. Just give me a nudge if you need any more from there while I am there.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think that you should be quiet about that - I mean, "matrculated" doesn't express a high level of education.
                                Quite about what? That I have a degree? I earned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X