No announcement yet.

British Polytubby needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matriculation doesn't mean you have a degree.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      Of course is does. One of my fellow master students is doing a historical research on Palestinian nation building in the 90s and 00s. That is history. Why then wouldn't research into the 60s be historical research? Just because it is contemporary history doesn't make it less history.
      By that definition everything is history, and it becomes meaningless as a term of art. I agree with your point, but looking at something that has already happened doesn't mean you have studied history in a distinctive sense.

Comment

Everything is history.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Everything will be history unless it was already.

Not technically correct, but I can't be bothered to phrase properly as it is late.

Comment

I'm not history and never will be.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              I'm not history and never will be.
              True, a void can't have a history
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Matriculation doesn't mean you have a degree.
                Blah. Invocation then. My Latin sucks.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  WTF ?
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah, it does, BC. It's probably where I'm held back the most at my job.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Yeah, it does, BC. It's probably where I'm held back the most at my job.
                      Yeah, I can see how chanting invocations unexpectedly can mess up your job.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        By that definition everything is history, and it becomes meaningless as a term of art. I agree with your point, but looking at something that has already happened doesn't mean you have studied history in a distinctive sense.
                        Fun fact: University disagrees that this is not history. Not to speak of countless historians, all which is more qualified to say than you.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          Yeah, I can see how chanting invocations unexpectedly can mess up your job.
                          Well, maybe not for religious nuts.

Comment

Blackcat, this is a private Catholic school. Latin is an important part of what I teach and the kids are supposed to have enough familiarity to get by in a tridentine mass.

So I have to teach basic latin church terms.

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

First of all, matriculation is like when you get accepted to a school and register. Invocation? What the ****?
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X