British Polytubby needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Polytubby needed!

I find myself in the difficult position of lacking access to a specific resource not available online.

The resource is in the British Library.

I need to employ one of you lot to take a jaunt down to London and search for a specific reference.

Anyways, I believe I know where the resource is in the British Library, and I know exactly where the reference that I am looking for is located inside the resource. However, the book isn't available anywhere here, (unless I've not looked in the correct place). The Library states that it is available for access at one of the physical terminals there. Unfortunately I'm a bit far from it.

Let me know if you have the time and are interested.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

I was hoping he was visiting the UK and thought this could be an invaluable opportunity to rid the world of such stupidity forever. Someone could just stick his head in the toilet and Scotland Yard might think it was some deranged fecal eating accident.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was hoping he was visiting the UK and thought this could be an invaluable opportunity to rid the world of such stupidity forever. Someone could just stick his head in the toilet and Scotland Yard might think it was some deranged fecal eating accident.
      I really do need the help, Oerdin.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The only reason I'd take a jaunt down to London is to take out a contract on your head.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The only reason I'd take a jaunt down to London is to take out a contract on your head.
          Again, if you can help, great. If you can't, don't want to help, that's fine. Like I said I need the help and I thought I'd ask if anyone was interested.

Comment

Good luck, dickhead.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'll do it if you pay for the plane ticket, hotel, food, hookers, etc.
              "

Comment

If I could afford that, I'd do it myself, EPW.

So no takers?

Comment

What is it you want to know, Ben?

Comment

Give Vincent Nichols a call - he probably don't mind trotting down there and then he would do something useful.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh, it's got nothing to do with anything ecclesiastical. It's just some peerage stuff.

Comment

Do Catholics believe in karma?
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Oh, it's got nothing to do with anything ecclesiastical. It's just some peerage stuff.
                          Didn't imply such - just that he probably hasn't anything else to do, and he probably needs the exercise.

On a serious note - have you asked the library if they could scan/photocopy/fax/mail the parts you need ?
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

On a serious note - have you asked the library if they could scan/photocopy/fax/mail the parts you need ?
                            They have older editions available, but the information I'm looking for is specifically in the latest edition. Which is rather difficult to find. The peerage is also too large to have them do ILL, and it's not something they'd want out of their library anyways.

I have a few friends that do this work, so I am talking with them to see if they can help me with this specific issue.

Comment

This is actually a pretty clever way to intimate that you're a real poster and not just a troll. Good job, BK.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X