No announcement yet.

The dinkelberry gang want to run posters off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Ben is a pacifist who has been advocating military occupation of Quebec in the case of secession.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

In the states it is, DaShi. Disposal regulations are becoming very stringent.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That doesn't mean that they are screwing them up. Quite the contrary, actually.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes, Ben is a pacifist who has been advocating military occupation of Quebec in the case of secession.
          I've advocated protecting minorities currently in the province of Quebec who wish to stay in Canada. Surely you don't think it's fair to force people who do not wish to be a part of an independent Quebec to stay with them.

If that means deploying the military to prevent retaliation, and to protect their territorial claims than so be it.

Every area in Quebec that votes to leave I have no problem with them leaving peacefully. But they don't get to force others who don't wish to go to go with them. Most of the present territory of Quebec wants to stay in Canada.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hum no, Ben, the vast majority of Quebec's territory would rather leave.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I want to see a Canadian civil war. Make it happen, seal clubbers.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

So in Ben's world, pieces of Montreal that vote against secession would be split from the rest of Quebec and stay in Canada? Also, should there only be a partition if a secession referendum succeeds? If it barely fails, can the parts of Quebec that want to leave Canada secede from Quebec?

Comment

Kinda like West Virginia?
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

West Virginia's borders are a lot cleaner than the monstrosity that would emerge from partitioning Quebec according to a secession referendum:
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      Who? Name another racist unemployed poster with a pre-middle-school intellect whose only contributions to the site are retarded conspiracy theories, worthless youtube videos, leeched images, and infantile insults
                      Oh the irony that you mention "infantile insults" in that same post of yours.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hum no, Ben, the vast majority of Quebec's territory would rather leave.
                        Nord du Quebec rejected Separation. As did the Ottawa Valley, the Eastern Townships and the Island of Montreal.

Quebec has no more right to force people who want to remain in Canada to leave, than Canada has any right to force those who wish to leave to stay.

Every region that voted to stay in Canada should be permitted to stay.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Gribbler:

What Monstrosity?

Canada would be wholly contiguous. They would simply trade one area in Gaspe with the folks in Quebec city.

If you shifted things around some, you could get something workable. The cool thing about the partition is that there would be no exclaves and no border between Quebec and the United States.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 21, 2011, 17:56.

Comment

So in Ben's world, pieces of Montreal that vote against secession would be split from the rest of Quebec and stay in Canada? Also, should there only be a partition if a secession referendum succeeds? If it barely fails, can the parts of Quebec that want to leave Canada secede from Quebec?
                            One, if Quebec as a whole overall votes to leave, then yes, I believe partition should commence.

Two, I believe it can be done, keeping the Outaoais and joining it with Montreal, plus the southern border area of Quebec and then up Gaspe to link with New Brunswick.

That plus Nord du Quebec, and ceding the southern part of Gaspe to New Brunswick.

Nord du Quebec would revert to territorial status. Southern Quebec would have a population of around 3.5 million people. More than enough to replace Quebec's provincial status within Canada.

Call it Pontiac.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 21, 2011, 18:11.

Comment

But if Quebec as a whole votes to stay, can the separatists secede from Quebec?

Comment

No, they have to win the vote in Quebec. I'm sure they could try to break away from Quebec, but as a province the provincial authorities within Quebec would not let them leave unless they win a vote.

That question has been posed in my region as well. BC is the union of five different colonies, Vancouver Island, the Interior, Stikine Territory, the Queen Charlottes and the Peace River region.

Nord du Quebec has only belonged to Quebec since Rupert's Land was ceded to Quebec (and to Ontario and Manitoba) back in 1912. It was Federal Territory prior. It would be like instead of making new states, you merged the territories onto existing ones. Like a Super TX or a Super California in the west.
                                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 21, 2011, 18:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X