Philly says Boy Scouts have to accept gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Yes, he does.
      Simply amazing.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Does repeating it over and over, and continuing not to support it with actual facts or law, make you feel better? I've tried to hold your hand and walk you through the legal principles that make the free rent a gift, rather than compensation. Come join the rest of us in the real world. Water's fine.
        You might want to start with the question, why would the scouts build a free building for the city. The rent is deferred compensation, not a gift. Gift -> something given up with nothing given back in return. The built them a whole damn building. You think the city can just stiff them for it? Not going to happen.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Simply amazing.
          My family has always done that. Whatever you put in you get back out in the end.

We had a very similar situation to the scouts. We agreed to rent to a longterm renter for free because of the improvements her family made to the house. They finished her room in the basement for us, for about the cost of 8 months of free rent. Good deal.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Unbelievable. You really can't read or understand can you. It shocks me every time for some reason. You just come in with some idea in your head and that's it you'll stick with it no matter the facts.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Your question is irrelevant in the face of the fact that they did exactly that. Their motives don't matter. Of course, 80 years of free use isn't exactly stiffing the Scouts, so pile that on top of your mountain of fail, too.

I'd recommend you start with the question of when the Scouts had an ownership interest to transfer to the city, but you've established, repeatedly, that you'll answer it wrong.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• The city stiffed them? They've gotten 82 years of no rent. The boy scouts got a good deal!

edit: crosspost

Comment

My family has always done that. Whatever you put in you get back out in the end. Renter + improvements = good deal.
                  ONLY if the owner agrees prior. I've seen may renter make "IMPROVEMENTS" that added no additional value and some that actually had a negative impact on value. And if a renter wanted to add an extension, fine, but I wouldn't compensate them for it. They built if for their benefit, not mine. The fact that I might derive benefit from it is immaterial.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• In the UK if it wasn't agreed with the owner beforehand then the renter could be forced to compensate the landlord to return the property to the original condition, removing any improvements.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• ONLY if the owner agrees prior.
                      Which is what happened in the boy scouts case. They obtained the permission of the city prior to building the building.

I've seen may renter make "IMPROVEMENTS" that added no additional value and some that actually had a negative impact on value. And if a renter wanted to add an extension, fine, but I wouldn't compensate them for it. They built if for their benefit, not mine. The fact that I might derive benefit from it is immaterial.
                      Why do you think renters don't give a **** about the condition of the property? Compensate them for improvements, and it's a very different attitude. Just good business sense. You'd charge them for property damage through withholding a deposit, no?

Comment

• In the UK if it wasn't agreed with the owner beforehand then the renter could be forced to compensate the landlord to return the property to the original condition, removing any improvements.
                        Which makes sense. Permission is the key here.

Comment

• Renters get charged if they damage the property. They care about the condition of the property.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Your question is irrelevant in the face of the fact that they did exactly that. Their motives don't matter. Of course, 80 years of free use isn't exactly stiffing the Scouts, so pile that on top of your mountain of fail, too.
                            Imagine what the scouts could have gotten for 80 years of rent. Unfortunately their contract says they can't rent out to anyone. So rent is immaterial. The stipulations cancel each other out.

Comment

• Renters get charged if they damage the property. They care about the condition of the property.
                              Yeah, they sure do. Which is why they skip town and leave.

They don't do that if they know they will have cheque coming to them in the end.

Comment

Yeah, they sure do. Which is why they skip town and leave.
                                That's why you leave a damage deposit, to cover some of it.

If you hire renters that do that, you're an idiot. Get better at judging people.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X