No announcement yet.

Philly says Boy Scouts have to accept gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's dumb to even have it. You're a punk for using it, Mr. Fun.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If KrazyHorse can use Ignore, I can use Ignore.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Anybody that uses ignore is a chicken****
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• cool

Comment

• I see Ben Kenobi appears to have given up but hasn't conceded defeat. Does he ever?

Comment

• He never "concedes" defeat... he just stops posting in the thread. And then starts posting the same crap in the next thread. But it's still too early to say he's given up on this thread yet. He can still keep posting the same stuff that has been proven wrong already, ignoring the fact that it is wrong.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                If KrazyHorse can use Ignore, I can use Ignore.
                I think this sums it up in an outstanding manner. "Be all that you can be" means a little more than a goal such as this one.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  I think this sums it up in an outstanding manner. "Be all that you can be" means a little more than a goal such as this one.
                  aw, damn

Comment

• Gee maybe the Local organization should go ahead and just challenge the national organization.
                    It would be fun to watch Ben's head explode.
                    Actually, my local troop did that.

Total membership before: 500 boys citywide.

Total membership after: 5.

I just spoke to the one remaining scoutmaster and his bunch, and I was rather surprised to see it has dropped off so much in 15 years.

My own local branch disbanded altogether when the policy changed. We reformed, did our own thing for awhile, and then when the scoutmaster decided he had enough, the whole chapter folded.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• What the Scouts should have done is either agreed to pay the damn rent or found other accommodations. But no, they decided to run to the courts to force the city to bare its teat so they could keep suckling.
                      So they should have walked away from the building that they built and maintained for 83 years. You know, I was somewhat amenable to this topic earlier and to the city viewpoint.

Now, you've managed to convince me that the scouts should get the building and compensation for violation of their fundamental rights to freedom of association.

The Philly council should have met with them and renegotiated the rent. It was never about the rent, it was always about their policies. I'm sure that there are plenty of organisations that continue to receive city subsidies, that we never hear about because the city doesn't want you to see them as hypocritical.

At least the scouts put money into the city coffers by building them an 8 figure valued building. That they get some of that back, ain't a subsidy, anymore than tax exemptions for charitable donations.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I see Ben Kenobi appears to have given up but hasn't conceded defeat. Does he ever?
                        Laptop is in the shop getting some much needed repairs. The fan is finally in so I can get it fixed properly, and get the jack fixed.

Comment

• And the River of Stupid flows on...
                          Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          At least the scouts put money into the city coffers by building them an 8 figure valued building. That they get some of that back, ain't a subsidy, anymore than tax exemptions for charitable donations.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Where did Ben get the idea that the building is worth eight figures?

Comment

• His ass, where everything else he says comes from.

Comment

• Hey look a new poster!

Welcome. Please keep pwning ben. No it's not hard but maybe SOMEDAY he will get the hint, yeah?
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X