Video on how to get a woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    I'm not tripping, am I? I'm here, on Poly, with someone who dated a prostitute for 5 years and couldn't get laid? This is really happening, isn't it?
    Laz, come on, now... you remember me and my love life stuff. you should expect this of me.

It still kind of bothers me... just because it's amazing how someone can be lied to so much and think they know someone that they've known for many years and find out something like this. I'm glad I've learned how to have a Zen-like peace about things in the past and out of my control. The old me would've been running up the walls.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Social circle (social networking)

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
      It's probably a lack of 'game' and my social life is lacking.
      You need to create a network of people, many of whom you do exciting or interesting stuff with. And they need to be things you are passionate about. Enthusiasm is contagious and its easier to pursue your interests and figure out how to present them as fun, exciting and perhaps challenging rather than fake interest in popular acitivities.

Once you have this in place use the social circle to meet women with broadly similar interests. Befriend them and use them as wingwomen or get together, however generaly don't ask them to set you up with a friend of theirs. A simple rule, if a woman dosen't want you she probably dosen't want you for her friend, and if she does want you she wants you for herself not her friends.

Don't be needy, create the impression of abundant acces to women outside.

To summarize:
      If you build it they will come.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post

This is called social circle game.

Balls. It's not "game." It's just life. If you're the sort of person whose only use for friends is as some sort of tool to progress to an end goal for your own advantage, then you're a psychopath and I bid you Good Day.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
          Laz, come on, now... you remember me and my love life stuff. you should expect this of me.

It still kind of bothers me... just because it's amazing how someone can be lied to so much and think they know someone that they've known for many years and find out something like this. I'm glad I've learned how to have a Zen-like peace about things in the past and out of my control. The old me would've been running up the walls.
          If a woman considers you a male of low value she will have no remorse in stealing, cheating, lying, hurting or slandering you.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Balls. It's not "game." It's just life. If you're the sort of person whose only use for friends is as some sort of tool to progress to an end goal for your own advantage, then you're a psychopath and I bid you Good Day.
            Social circle game is methodically analayzing how "having a [social] life" works in the realm of meeting women. No one said one *must* use this knowledge to use his social life as a surgical tool.

And even if one did, why is unconciusly using something for a particular purpose worse than conciusly using something for that particular purpose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
              Possibly. But where I imagine pheromones would play the biggest part (initial attraction), isn't the problem for me. I have no trouble getting girls interested (although women are weird so who knows if they're really interested?), it's what happens after the initial meeting that is the problem.

I think my social skills are screwed up; hence the reason for this thread. I don't know how to have the right type of conversation with a girl. I've had women praise me for being easy to talk to and having conversations with me that were longer and more interesting than any conversations they've had with other men but this might not be the right sort of conversations. Or something.

Although I get the 'adorable' thing a lot. And I mean a lot. Adorable isn't good for a man
              This is your take on this. But remember you are providing us with information that supports your own half drawn conclusions, you may be correct, but you may also be wrong and we can't see past any biases you may have.

This is why having someone more experienced and skilled observe you in action may be vital for you.

(PUA's are preferable to naturals since they can break things down into algorithmic steps that anyone can apply, but learning without learning is best done by watching naturals)

Comment

If a woman considers you a male of low value she will have no remorse in stealing, cheating, lying, hurting or slandering you.

Earth calling Heraclitus. Earth calling Heraclitus. Hello? Heraclitus? They may have boobs and fannies but they're still just people, y'know?

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                And even if one did, why is unconciusly using something for a particular purpose worse than conciusly using something for that particular purpose?

Oh dear. You're posing that question to a Law School graduate. How long do you have?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Earth calling Heraclitus. Earth calling Heraclitus. Hello? Heraclitus? They may have boobs and fannies but they're still just people, y'know?
                  Ugh. Fannies are ugly.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And people are are selfish-based animals crawling across the earth, but 'cause they've got brains, if they try really hard, they can usually aspire to something that is less than pure evil.

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Oh dear. You're posing that question to a Law School graduate. How long do you have?
                    About 25 minutes.

I know that when it comes to ilegal activities this makes a difference (intent and all that) but ethically I don't see a difference if you suconciusly use something to get something else and are really pleased when you get that something else rather than conciusly use something to get something else and be pleased when you get that something else.

This is especially true if we are talking about getting something else is something of value and limited quantity.

Comment

• People like Hera need to believe that it is all about "game" so that they don't have to admit that there is something deeply flawed about themselves.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        People like Hera need to believe that it is all about "game" so that they don't have to admit that there is something deeply flawed about themselves.
                        Everything is a game. Some things are zero sum games.

Greed is good.

Comment

but ethically I don't see a difference if you suconciusly use something to get something else and are really pleased when you get that something else rather than conciusly use something to get something else and be pleased when you get that something else.
                          You fail ethics. Consciously using something and subconsciously using something are vastly different things. Yeah, the ends end up the same, but the means are very different (intent matters and that's why the law takes it so strongly into account).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'd feel sorry for you, but I don't like you that much.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              People like Hera need to believe that it is all about "game" so that they don't have to admit that there is something deeply flawed about themselves.
                              I do feel sorry for people that have to boil everything down to a game or on a transactional level and that treat people as units of exchange. Each person has equal dignity and is deserving of equal inherant respect (one can lose respect for individuals based on their choices, but at the core, no one is better than someone else), not to be treated as pawns in a game.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                You fail ethics. Consciously using something and subconsciously using something are vastly different things. Yeah, the ends end up the same, but the means are very different (intent matters and that's why the law takes it so strongly into account).
                                You're not getting it.

The means the system known as Heraclitus uses are the same. The aims of the system known as Heraclitus are the same. The result the system know as Heraclitus produces are the same.

What possible difference does it make if my conscious self is not aware of the true aims of the entire system known as Heraclitus?

Its nothing more than a evolved capacity for hypocrisy. A way for the system known as Heraclitus (brain and body) to lie to other systems convincingly. I find rationalizing our actions to ourselves to be despicable. The best way to stop behaving unethically is to stop rationalizing things to oneself.

To quote Robin Hanson we are not Homo Sapiens we are Homo Hypocritus.
                                Food isn’t about Nutrition
                                Clothes aren’t about Comfort
                                Bedrooms aren’t about Sleep
                                Marriage isn’t about Romance
                                Talk isn’t about Info
                                Laughter isn’t about Jokes
                                Charity isn’t about Helping
                                Church isn’t about God
                                Art isn’t about Insight
                                Medicine isn’t about Health
                                Consulting isn’t about Advice
                                School isn’t about Learning
                                Research isn’t about Progress
                                Politics isn’t about Policy
                                Last edited by Heraclitus; June 1, 2010, 16:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X