No announcement yet.

13-year-olds climbing Everest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take back what I said about Ben being demonized. Apparently he was not just defending the church, he was defending the priests themselves.
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      It means he's OK with middle-aged men having sex with children as long as they aren't Ben's own children and it takes place within a marriage.
      It is for many if not most Muslims. I mean Mohammad was a pedophile who married and had sex with a nine year old and every Muslim is taught that what ever Mohammad did is A.O.K.! Genocide against the Jews of Arabia? Mohammad did it so it's ok! Having sex with pre-pubescent children? Mohammad did it so it's ok!

That's actually an argument put forward by large blocks of the Muslim world.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Have another attempt at that, Ben- because in its current form it's utterly ludicrous.
        Well what's your problem with it? Is it the marrying at 13 part of it? The age? That is what I was trying to ask.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• At least Ben's pedophilia is confirmed. Not that it's a surprise to anyone.
          Where did I say that I wanted to marry a 13 year old girl? All I said is that I didn't think it should be illegal.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben, with today's maturity levels people shouldn't be marrying until they are 22+.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Let me guess, Ben wants us to go back to the middle ages?

Comment

• Wow, gribbler + JonMiller = people were more mature in the middle ages. Therefore we should go back to the middle ages.

It's like you are both reading my mind.

Actually I think people are the same as they were. Human nature doesn't change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  Ben, with today's maturity levels people shouldn't be marrying until they are 22+.

JM
                  More like 30.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Marriage is over rated. There are easier ways to lose half your stuff.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• "We were more mature back then" = noble savage, aka BS.

I think around age 30 people have a clue enough to consider marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                        "We were more mature back then" = noble savage, aka BS.
                        So no matter how children are raised, they will mature, in terms of behavior, at the same pace. What do you have to back up this proclamation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          Marriage is over rated. There are easier ways to lose half your stuff.
                          Like put bankers in charge of the economy.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            So no matter how children are raised, they will mature, in terms of behavior, at the same pace. What do you have to back up this proclamation?

I didn't say "no matter how". I said...

"no matter when (in history)"... people become self-reliant, critical-minded, mature, wake up, figure out what is important to them, become a part of something larger, and exhibit self-awareness and realization after puberty is complete (not "just barely started", as many quasi/closet-pedos might like to claim).

At no point in history was talking to a 13 year old like having a discussion with a financially independant and educated woman in her 20s. Pretending that we used to be "mini-adults" at a young age is akin to claiming that bone-in-nose savages of the jungle were utilitarian altruists.
                            Last edited by Ecofarm; April 21, 2010, 15:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                              At no point in history was talking to a 13 year old like having a discussion with a financially independant and educated woman in her 20s. Pretending that we used to be "mini-adults" at a young age is akin to claiming that bone-in-nose savages of the jungle were utilitarian altruists.
                              So experiencing increasing independence is not part of the process of becoming mature? The fact that people may have left their parents sooner is irrelevant?

Who says maturity is only how developed your brain is... maybe conditioning is relevant? Maybe the amount of responsibility that is placed on someone is a factor?

Comment

• Independence? You think those child marriages were the little mini-adult boldly striking out into the world of responsibility?
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X