No announcement yet.

Britain versus The Pope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd probably feel the same as I did about a school that taught that homosexuality was evil.
    Which is my point. You are no less scared, if not moreso than the Christians.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      Children doesn't have a religious persuation on their own - thay actually doesn't have one, so it's fine that they get a secular education. If they at a mature age decides that they want to join one or other religion, fine.
      By the definition that BK gives for secular, I don't think such a thing actually exists even with children.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        Kids have the right to learn the same stuff as everyone else.
        Get real. Kids don't have a right to learn what they want. They learn what we tell them to learn. You just want to teach them something in particular.

Comment

• By the definition that BK gives for secular, I don't think such a thing actually exists even with children.
          Reading, writing and arithematic cannot be secular? You'll have to clarify.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Reading, writing and arithematic cannot be secular? You'll have to clarify.
            I'm speaking about what is inside of people. BlackCat was saying that children are naturally secular. If that means void of religion, I disagree.

Comment

• I believe that people have a natural inclination for religion, even children. If you try not to be religious, then you must fill that God-given void with something else. It just can't be a void. Whatever you fill it with, is in reality, your religion.

Comment

• Oh, ok, then I misunderstood. Apologies.

Comment

• Where ever there has been people, there has been religion. I don't see how it can be suggested that it is not natural.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    If you try not to be religious, then you must fill that God-given void with something else. It just can't be a void. Whatever you fill it with, is in reality, your religion.

Bollocks.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      Where ever there has been people, there has been religion. I don't see how it can be suggested that it is not natural.

JM
                      It's an artifact from a bygone era.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I don't do yoga. However I do cook curries and read books. Therefore cooking curries and reading books is my yoga.

No, that doesn't work, does it? Let me try again.

Ben doesn't receive penetrative anal sex. However he is a Catholic. Therefore Catholicism is his homosexuality.

Nope. Still doesn't work. Kidicious? You're mental.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          Nope. Still doesn't work. Kidicious? You're mental.
                          I think your religion is feeling superior.

Comment

• It's the inverse of that quote from Marx, that religion is the opiate of the masses.

I'm not sure what Laz's opiate is, but I'm also sure I'm happier not knowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              I think your religion is feeling superior.

That's not a religion, because it's founded on fact.

Comment

• An aside, what ever happened to the Suomithreadi?

Comment

Working...
                                X