No announcement yet.

Lost: Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously. I am protective of Hurley. When Jack started yelling at Hurley, I wanted to punch him in ****ing throat. Jacob needs to leave Hurley alone, poor bugger.

The more I think about last night's episode, the more I like it. It's more of a thinker. Doc's recap is helping in that regard. I'll never think of it as one of the classics, but it is definitely getting better the more I ponder it's reciprocity with "White Rabbit".
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• A variety of screencaps have a veritable Who's Who of Lost on the wheel, other than Kate:

Juliet Burke at #58
      Shannon Rutherford at #32
      Ben (or Roger?) Linus at #117
      Michael Dawson at #124
      Daniel Faraday at #101
      Danielle Rousseau at #20
      One-Arm Montand at #102
      Charlotte (or a parent?) Lewis at #104

Gentlemen, as pleasant as last night's character developments were, I must begin with the giant mythology download we got in those final 10 minutes. My...

Comment

• I'm a fan of the idea that Juliet is Jack's baby mama. I hope this turns out to be true.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Who the frak is Wallace?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Well the bomb that split the timelines was set off in the 1970's, but both groups of characters, alternate and original, are now in the 21st century, so there is an implication that the detonation of the bomb may have made changes in the timeline at a distance from the island.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• No Guy, As I said, likely but not impossible

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
              Hurley: I think you would make a great dad.
              Jack: I would make a terrible dad.
              Yeah. Would. That would seem to nail it down.

But, I wouldn't put anything past the writers here.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think the off-island people are how their lives would have been had Jacob never came into their lives, which he did at different points in their lives.

Still, I think the writer contrived a lot after the fact. The popup episodes seem to accent this fact more than it serves to prove that they thought the whole thing out from the beginning. I like watching it though, and try not to guess any of it, I've been watching it that was for a couple seasons now.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher View Post
                  I think the off-island people are how their lives would have been had Jacob never came into their lives, which he did at different points in their lives.

Still, I think the writer contrived a lot after the fact. The popup episodes seem to accent this fact more than it serves to prove that they thought the whole thing out from the beginning. I like watching it though, and try not to guess any of it, I've been watching it that was for a couple seasons now.
                  I was thinking this way too. But he didn't touch Hurley to right before Hurley went back to the island. And the Sayid was touched pretty late also. But I'm thinking given the lighthouse, Jacob has been interfering a lot more in the losties lives than has been shown. Even though he talks about free will a lot.

I definitely think the writers made up a lot as they went (see Smoke monster of earlier seasons vs the current smoke monster) however, they probably knew from the beginning what themes they wanted to explore.
                  Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Yeah, especially since on day one, they had no idea how long a time frame they were going to be dealing with. Since they did not know if the show was going to last more than a few weeks the were quite focused. The Dharma initiative was the primary focus early on, but once the show was a hit and they figured they would need more seasons of material, they had to come up with a bigger picture.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think the off-island people are how their lives would have been had Jacob never came into their lives, which he did at different points in their lives.

I used to think this, but it seems less plausible after this week's flash sideways with Jack and last week's with Locke. Jacob touched Jack well after the point where Jack's life would've changed enough to produce the son we saw this week and Jacob touched Locke after Locke's dad pushed him out the window, so I don't see how the absence of Jacob would lead to a Locke who has a good relationship with his father and presumably got crippled some other way.

It's still possible that the timelines started diverging at the moment Jughead went off in 1977, but that looks less and less likely every week as we see people who should have died in any nuclear explosion that sunk the island (Ben, Dogen, possibly Rose) alive and well in LA.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hurley's ability to talk to the dead seems to be radically changing his role. Does anybody else see him becoming something of a shaman for Jack? I kind of see him being like Richard to Jack's Ben. He's lets Jack be the leader until Jacob says differently, and then he takes over. And like Ben, Jack can't see or talk to Jacob.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I think the writers are quite aware that anything Hurley is good so this will let him be written into more scenes since the plots seem to need a lot of guidance from Jacob for now.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yup, everyone likes Hurley. So, you play him up before you kill him.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                              It's still possible that the timelines started diverging at the moment Jughead went off in 1977, but that looks less and less likely every week as we see people who should have died in any nuclear explosion that sunk the island (Ben, Dogen, possibly Rose) alive and well in LA.

You're making the assumption that when the bomb went off, it went full on Fat Man/Little Boy boom, with mushroom cloud and everything. And even if it did, given that it was several stories underground, it may not have had nearly the deadly effects to island inhabitants that you're proposing. All it may have done was implode that pocket of energy or something. We don't know what sunk the island.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher View Post
                                Yup, everyone likes Hurley. So, you play him up before you kill him.
                                He's gonna die a couple episodes before the finale, just like Omar. OR, he'll turn out to be the hero all along.

Hurley for new Jacob
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X