No announcement yet.

Lost: Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, it's a different reality altogether. He didn't have a kid before. Island Jack doesn't have a kid. Non-Island Jack does.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Just for the record, just because they never mentioned he had a kid doesn't mean he didn't have one before. All the characters are basically the same as before. Jack is still a doctor that was bringing his dad's body home. Jack's dad still screwed Claire.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• True, but trust me, Island-Reality Jack is not a father. The writers know enough to not try to pull that **** off.

Also: the characters aren't exactly the same. Locke is still in a wheelchair, but apparently not because his dad pushed him out a window. He's still with Helen, too, where she had left him a few years before in the Island-Reality.

One thing I've noticed--in each Alternative-Reality story so far, we've seen the 815er interact with an Alternative(?) Other: Kate with Ethan, John with Ben, Jack with Dogen. I imagine we'll be seeing Juliet, Tom, Mikhail, et al. as well in each of the Alternative-Reality stories to come.

Comment

• Yes, minor differences but not major. Just because there was the comment about meeting with Locke's dad leads you to believe that he didn't push him out a window, that is not 100%. Same thing with Jack. He only had his son once a month and the marriage would have to been over by 2002, so it is POSSIBLE that it just didn't come up. Not likely granted but not impossible. Saying anything is 100% positive on this show is just plain silly considering what the writers have already done.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jack's dad still screwed Claire.
            Jack's dad just got a lot less cool now.
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Not literally, flash.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• At least he mentioned her in his will.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  Not literally, flash.
                  I was trying to make a joke, which obviously failed .

One thing I've noticed--in each Alternative-Reality story so far, we've seen the 815er interact with an Alternative(?) Other: Kate with Ethan, John with Ben, Jack with Dogen. I imagine we'll be seeing Juliet, Tom, Mikhail, et al. as well in each of the Alternative-Reality stories to come.
                  This is pretty interesting. I wonder if in the alternative time line they are still "others."
                  Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• They've been pretty obvious/consistent about it so it must mean something.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I thought that Jack had been married before, but yes, the lives of the alternate reality characters don't match the lives of the original characters.

Alternative Hurley is happy and well-adjusted.

Alternative Locke still sees his Dad - if Alternative Dad had pushed Locke out of the window would Locke still be on speaking terms with him?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Alternative Locke still sees his Dad - if Alternative Dad had pushed Locke out of the window would Locke still be on speaking terms with him?
                        knowing locke, yes.
                        "

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Yes, minor differences but not major. Just because there was the comment about meeting with Locke's dad leads you to believe that he didn't push him out a window, that is not 100%. Same thing with Jack. He only had his son once a month and the marriage would have to been over by 2002, so it is POSSIBLE that it just didn't come up. Not likely granted but not impossible. Saying anything is 100% positive on this show is just plain silly considering what the writers have already done.
                          I am 100% positive that Anthony Cooper did not cripple John Locke in the alternative universe; I am 100% positive that Jack Shephard does not have a 14-year-old son in the island universe.

I am willing to make some sort of bet on this; go ahead and lay whatever odds you like, as you acknowledged that you think my opinion is likely but not a sure thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I am 100% positive that Anthony Cooper did not cripple John Locke in the alternative universe; I am 100% positive that Jack Shephard does not have a 14-year-old son in the island universe.

I am willing to make some sort of bet on this; go ahead and lay whatever odds you like, as you acknowledged that you think my opinion is likely but not a sure thing.
                            Jack does not have a kid in the normal timeline. He basically said so when he was talking with Hurley on their walk to the lighthouse.

Hurley: I think you would make a great dad.
                            Jack: I would make a terrible dad.

knowing locke, yes.
                            This is true, Locke is kinda a ***** boy.

Comment

• As time goes on, Jacob is appearing more and more to be kind of an *******. With his manipulations, and casual disregard for the people in the Temple, etc. He doesn't have the sense of malevolence that Bizarro Locke does, but I don't trust his smug, smashed-in face.

Comment

• Plus, he was kinda of a condescending dick to Hurley.

Comment

Working...
                                X