Kennedy's seat to turn Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Hehe, its great that the libertarians found a guy with a last name of Kennedy to run for the seat.

Cute but ineffective:

Brown, a Massachusetts state senator, had 53 percent of the vote to 46 percent for state Attorney General Martha Coakley, the Democratic contender, with 57 percent of precincts reporting in results from the National Election Pool, a consortium of media organizations including CNN. Independent candidate Joseph Kennedy, a libertarian who is not related to the Kennedy political family of Massachusetts, had 1 percent.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/...ex.html?hpt=P1

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

Something like that make me wonder if Coakley is really just a Republican plant.
    The only thing worse than her being stupid enough to say that was her being stupid enough to not quickly rebound that she was joking instead of mumbling that "oh, I then I'm wrong on my [baseball trivia]" crap. Instead she played the "it was a joke" card long after it was already too late, and Schilling hilariously called BS:

Unbelievable!

Comment

Coakley concedes!

edit: From 538's Twitter feed...

Congratulations to the next Senator from Massachusetts, Scott Brown!

Congratulations to the next Senator from Masachusitts, Marsha Coakley!

Last edited by Drake Tungsten; January 19, 2010, 22:30.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
        Coakley concedes!

edit: From 538's Twitter feed...

Congratulations to the next Senator from Massachusetts, Scott Brown!

Congratulations to the next Senator from Masachusitts, Marsha Coakley!

Wow.

The people have spoken.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Damn. It wasn't even that close.

Y'all just witnessed a 25 point swing in about a month. Just goes to show that a few days in politics is forever.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Jesus Christ, if I were as bad at my job as the Democrats are at theirs, there wouldn't be a child left alive in the entire Central Ohio area.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm still not happy with you, Dan. You tempted fate, but luckily cosmic retribution was not called down (at least not yet).
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeh, probably a GOP senator will drop dead or something.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oh Jesus, I didn't even think of that possibility. I was just expecting healthcare reform to be rammed down the country's throat in spite of Brown's win...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                    Yeh, probably a GOP senator will drop dead or something.
                    Is God taking requests? Because that Coburn guy is a real douche.

Comment

If douchiness were the criteria, then the Grim Reaper would be busy this evening taking care of the 99 remaining senators.

Comment

True, but he would start with Coburn.

Comment

Jesus, Rachel Maddow looks absolutely crushed. I actually feel bad for her...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Olbermann's about to apologize for calling Brown a 'homophobic racist reactionary' who 'supports violence against women' last night.

edit: Holy ****! He apologized for not calling Brown a "sexist" as well! That's a perfect 10 on the non-apology apology scale!
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Thank goodness the DanS jinx didn't work.

First time this seat has been Republican since the days of Truman.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                                Damn. It wasn't even that close.
                                No thanks to you

Comment

Working...
                                X