Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nikolai
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    I'm formally asking that something be done about Ben.

    When he posts lies about most everything he discusses, that's just Ben being Ben and I can let that go. When he posts lies about me I am forced to respond (twice now he has falsy claimed I was banned elsewhere, and worse yet, that it was because of him).

    I don't want to wallow in his filth but if the Poly policy is to let this stuff go then prepare yourself for an avalanche of abuse (some of it may even be true) to be directed Ben's way.

    I should not be forced to endure his slander.
    Is this about the fact that you once was banned on WPC, that was discussed WEEKS ago?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So you are confirming it then?
    Confirming that you believe that I'm a kiddie fiddler?

    *I* don't even believe that to be the case. You're just trolling me, hoping to get a rise out of me.

    So, let's recap.

    You post in Asher's thread about how I'm pursuing the wrong strategy, (assuming that I care about public opinion in Canada). Just for further notice, I really don't. I don't think the Church should be looking towards public opinion to decide what is right or wrong.

    I respond to your post.

    You top it off with a snarky comment, and call me a kiddy fiddler, or a troll.

    I respond by replying to your comment by commenting about your banning from we play civ indicating that there's a third option.

    Then you get pissed, and reply to this thread here calling to get me banned.

    Do you need some pointers on how to be a *successful* troll?

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Clearly I'm the source of the problem here. We should solve the problem of Wezil saying that I am a kiddie fiddler by banning me.
    It won't solve the larger problem of you being a kiddie fiddler but I'm afraid that's beyond Apolyton's power to solve.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I didn't say.

    I asked.

    So you are confirming it then?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I don't want to wallow in his filth but if the Poly policy is to let this stuff go then prepare yourself for an avalanche of abuse (some of it may even be true) to be directed Ben's way.
    Clearly I'm the source of the problem here. We should solve the problem of Wezil saying that I am a kiddie fiddler by banning me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    It was sad. Six posters (4 actually but one was prolific) and then Ben showed up. They were so desperate for any kind of forum traffic they couldn't afford to be choosey.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    And if said slander is all about a near-deserted site that actually welcomes him?

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Does it count as slander if the source has no credibility whatsoever?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I'm formally asking that something be done about Ben.

    When he posts lies about most everything he discusses, that's just Ben being Ben and I can let that go. When he posts lies about me I am forced to respond (twice now he has falsy claimed I was banned elsewhere, and worse yet, that it was because of him).

    I don't want to wallow in his filth but if the Poly policy is to let this stuff go then prepare yourself for an avalanche of abuse (some of it may even be true) to be directed Ben's way.

    I should not be forced to endure his slander.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Can we implement this system:



    Sina Weibo, one of China's most popular microblogging sites, introduced new rules for participation this week that discourage anonymous speech and punish spreading falsehoods based on the number of people that falsehood reached.

    According to The International Business Times, Sina Weibo—which is something of a Twitter/Facebook hybrid and counts more than 300 million users—introduced new rules for its users on May 28 that give each person a credit rating of sorts. Users start out at 100 points if they sign up with their government-issued ID numbers (like American social security numbers) and a cell phone number; they start out with 80 points if they opt not to divulge that information.

    From there, points are taken away if the user is responsible for telling any sort of "falsehood"—from falsified details and images to the exaggeration of events, giving incomplete data, or misquoting others. "The system also punishes those who use code words, homonyms, or abbreviations in their online messages to attempt to bypass Internet censors," reports Voice of America, a US-based radio program and blog for the Tibetan community.

    An account with fewer than 60 points is flagged as a low-credit user; accounts with zero points will be closed by Sina Weibo. Users may be able to gain points by building a history of compliance.
    Best thing is that Ben will be gone in less than a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    If you agree to change your name to Towelie, I'll gladly change mine to Ben Kenobi.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I have decided that BK's name should be changed to Towelie. All in favor?
    We should change Lorizael's name to "Ben Kenobi".

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    As he gets older, you'll suspect many of the things you did to him at that age are what messed him up. Since there's no way to be sure, don't worry about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    It forms a habit of the kid sleeping in your bed, which can be hard to break later. I'm sure there'll be hell to pay in that respect, but you have to weigh it off against the hassle NOW of getting in and out of bed multiple times every night. He has his own bed too, and he spends time there sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • notyoueither
    replied
    Is co-sleeping bad from a behavioural POV?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X